The Chasm

Indeed. Deathcult and Conjuration are peaks in the history of Death Metal.

Dodens Grav said:
Indeed. Deathcult and Conjuration are peaks in the history of Death Metal.

I agree, but Conjuration is also a fantastic album. I personally think The Spell is great and is better than a few of their other albums, they lack something that I can't pick out. I need to give them more spins.

Life Sucks said:
The Spell of Retribution and Conjuration of the Spectral Empire are tied for me. My favorite The Chasm album is Deathcult for Eternity, despite the very poor production.

I don't think Deathcut For Eternity has that bad of production, but I also like From the Lost Years.

High On Maiden said:
For me the end of The Spell trails off a bit intensity wise.

That always seemed intentional to me, The Chasm have a habit of starting off with a bang and then exploring more sombre, reflective moods later on. I do think The Spell of Retribution isn't quite as good as Deathcult... or the best parts of Conjuration..., but better than Procession... and the lesser parts of Conjuration.... From the Lost Years is also a cracking album, messy as hell yet the atmosphere created is unique and beautiful.

The Timebird said:
That always seemed intentional to me, The Chasm have a habit of starting off with a bang and then exploring more sombre, reflective moods later on. I do think The Spell of Retribution isn't quite as good as Deathcult... or the best parts of Conjuration..., but better than Procession... and the lesser parts of Conjuration.... From the Lost Years is also a cracking album, messy as hell yet the atmosphere created is unique and beautiful.

Cojuration is a masterpiece along with Deathcult!:worship:

The Chasm are awesome. I don't own any of their cds but have had the mp3s for awhile to all 3(spectral empire, deathcult and conjuration)

The intro for Conjuration, Deathcult Arrival is one of the coolest and evilist dm instrumentals ever.

Will surely track down their stuff in material form if I could manage to.

I found Cojuration at a Metal store, but I never could find Deathcult, so I picked it up when I saw them live in January.

Not even the best track on the album (that honor goes to Brand the Mournful Liberation).

Sure as hell not in the top 3 of all of their songs.

I'm not surprised that one's your favourite, considering your taste in this band (not meant as an insult). Great song, and I see where you're coming from. Still, tracks like the previously mentioned instrumental and Travelling Through Chaos... have a certain contemplative mood and classical tinge to the melody which floors me.

The Spell Of Retribution is dead easy to find really, I think I'm write in saying it was released under Earache?

Anyway, you can even find it on places like www.play.com

For Conjuration, check out www.thebasar.org - the site of Witches Brew/Barbarian Wrath - they have a mail order section with Conjuration on there

As for Deathcult, I'm still searching too :(

Deathcult was originally sold through the band's site, however, isn't any more. They may have ran out of stock. If so...the people who don't own it yet are screwed. You may also be able to pick it up if you see them live. I suggest contacting them and asking if they'll have any available copies any time soon.

that is pretty lame if they have to sell the remaining copies of deathcult to their jewish mothers.