The cheesiest power metal video ever?

haha all of this is just to over the top. I wonder if they bands were completely serious when shooting something so obviously cheesy... haha!

Keydragon are quite serious although it was really really hard for me to conclude that. The band sent me a presskit a few years ago and I kept it because frankly it is pretty fuckin classic As if the crayon drawn album cover was not enough the promo picture is the greatest; four separate shots cropped and poorly lined up together, printed on the wrong side of a piece of photo paper, the keyboardist holds a Mortal Kombat ball, frisbee or something (I guess it is a dragon thing). To top all of this off it you look really closely under the picture of Mr. Keydragon himself he has kindly autographed the picture with a ballpoint pen.
Still I sometimes think that this has to be a joke it is just to perfectly awful. Other times I feel bad. It kind of reminds me of the classic Jawbreak and The Cramps footage were they play live in a mental institution. And every time I see the videos it makes me feel sick. But hey maybe they are on to something...

Last edited by a moderator:
Keydragon are quite serious although it was really really hard for me to conclude that. The band sent me a presskit a few years ago and I kept it because frankly it is pretty fuckin classic As if the crayon drawn album cover was not enough the promo picture is the greatest; four separate shots cropped and poorly lined up together, printed on the wrong side of a piece of photo paper, the keyboardist holds a Mortal Kombat ball, frisbee or something (I guess it is a dragon thing). To top all of this off it you look really closely under the picture of Mr. Keydragon himself he has kindly autographed the picture with a ballpoint pen.
Still I sometimes think that this has to be a joke it is just to perfectly awful. Other times I feel bad. It kind of reminds me of the classic Jawbreak and The Cramps footage were they play live in a mental institution. And every time I see the videos it makes me feel sick. But hey maybe they are on to something...

Not to mention they have one of the most unprofessional & jarbled websites I've seen in years
www.keydragon.com

This is great...taken from their website...

They center their sound on Metal, but they toss is Thrash, Doom, Classic Rock, Death, Progressive Metal & even some Jazz sounds too. The vocals are done in a mid ranged almost Death growl with some female vocals in the back. This is a different sounding band with a lot of originality!!!"

After 10 years of working with various forms of metal and musicians, KeyDragon has evolved into a 6 piece, Dragon Metal band.

Wait wait wait... "dragon metal" is a genre, now!? HOLY CRAP.

I've always joked about all the insane sub-genres...Dragon Metal, Forest Metal, Wizard Metal, Warrior Metal, Castle Metal, Water Metal, Scrap Metal, Ocean Metal, Space Metal, Science Metal, Weed Metal, Lawnmower Metal......

But the fact that someone ACTUALLY put on their website that they are the world's best "Dragon Metal Band" had me cracking up

Actually, the video isn't bad.

The song... eh, typical 80's Helloween / 90's Stratovarius style chorus' rip off, power metal.

Now THIS video, (below), is cheesy.... I give you, (not Wisdom), but WISDOM CALL!

How about the part in which he's shaving his dome... lol (BTW: I actually like this CD, it's decent).

These two always give me a chuckle, not to take away from Key Dragon of course. :lol:

and of course the classic... although it's not necessarily power metal. :headbang:

Good Gawd, that Keydragon video just cracks me up. Granted, I actually kinda like the music, though, but damn. Guess just shows that just about anybody with an iPhone and iMovie can make a video these days.

I really need to create a side band. We will be the most epic Dungeons and Dragons Metal band EVER!

I considered trying to put together such a project once. The basic edition of the album would be the usual humdrum, but the PHB edition would include set of rules for a simple tabletop RPG (around 20 pages of material. Like I said, it's very simple. I actually have the system written down somewhere, but I was pretty drunk when I wrote it so it probably doesn't make much sense now)), and some punch-out tokens for PCs, while a GM edition would include not only that, but also a basic adventure outline, monster tokens, and a series of tiles on a fold-out sheet that can be arranged for making dungeon maps. (siilar to what the new Ravenloft game uses) Probably would ahve to sell the GM edition for like 50 bucks to make it worthwhile, but..still....

Oh and the music would be the cheesiest shit we could come up with, like manowar with even less of a chance of getting you laid. The sort of stuff that gives you back your v-card. Oh and the whole thing would be -totally- serious. I'd try as best I could to conceal or eliminate anything that might indicate irony, or self-awareness of just how absurd the whole thing is.

And the second album's special edition would basically be the "advanced" version, with additional rules, more classes, extra tokens, etc.)

Awesome as it would be it's ridiculously impractical.

But a man can dream...

ANd I might still be willing to do it in the future when I have more cash to throw at it, since I can't imagine any sane distributor or label willing to put any money into such a ridiculous endeavor.

Regarding Keydragon

What...
This is hilarious and sort of endearing in a really strange way. Actually the sincerity is almost -adorable-.

ANd I might still be willing to do it in the future when I have more cash to throw at it, since I can't imagine any sane distributor or label willing to put any money into such a ridiculous endeavor.

Let me know if you need a vocalist/lyricist. I never get tired about writing songs about beholders.

beholder_70185.jpg