One Of The Greatest Metal Songs Ever

Walter_Langkowski

Neuroses Facilitator
"Touching The Earth" from the album "Convergence".

I love the Convergence album as a whole, but this song from the moment I heard it, is beyond amazing. This song would be what I consider complete and utter perfection, from start to finish. Chuck Billy's vocals (as usual) are brilliant, showing his many faceted-range on the album, from melodic and tranquill to raging and aggressive, powerful and commanding. A great Metal singer if there ever has been one. The feamle vocals also give the chorus a very nice balance, layering in with Chuck's singing.

The rythym section is solid and very competent, keeping the song on track and not outshining the best of it all, which is James' playing. Technical, but with no lack of beautiful acoustic brilliance and fanatstic, emotional soloing, by far some of the best I have ever heard.

TTE shows that while James is one of the most gifted guitar virtuosos to ever record in the Metal genre, he was/is a force to be reckoned with in the long-lost art of what is most important:songwriting. TTE is a complete masterpiece and I could listen to this song probably 10 times in a row (I've gone eight so far :) ).

I look froward to new solo material. Great stuff!

cheers guys... that song means a lot to me and is about, and dedicated to the memory of, my grandfather... Benjamin Franklin Raulerson, the only person in my family who never spoke a discouraging word.