Greatest Album Ever

King Richard

Hello there
Mar 23, 2006
Wouldn't you like to know
Thoth-Amon and I were talking on msn one night, about music naturally, and he said something that kind of caught me off guard. He said, "Master of Puppets is the greatest album ever."

At first glance I read it as, greatest metal album ever, but after I read it again I sat back in my chair and said, "hmm."

Now, I'm not making this thread to argue his opinion. Instead I want you to list 1 album that you think is the best album ever created and why.

PinkFloyd-TheWall.jpg

Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon, Psychotic Waltz's Into the Everflow & King Crimson's In the Court of the Crimson King (despite the boring 'Moonchild') all share top spot for me, though I change my mind constantly. Perhaps Ulver's Bergtatt too...

I'm not a huge fan of The Wall to be honest, I think a lot of it is filler. Sorry Ozzman.

Just because it goes along with the story doesn't mean the music has to be good. And it's not (compared to their other stuff)

Err... You're basically asking the hardest question ever.

Awake? Seventh Son of a Seventh Son? Imaginary Sonicscape? The Sham Mirrors?

Mathiäs;7153286 said:
Just because it goes along with the story doesn't mean the music has to be good. And it's not (compared to their other stuff)

The whole is greater than the sum of its parts, tbh. It's still a great fucking album with a great fucking story. Animals comes damn close though.

Joe_s_Garage.jpg

A unique concept album which speaks about music being banned, Scientology, Appliance fetishes and much more. Way ahead of its time in terms of satirical content and social commentary

B0000C8AVX.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

every song is a timeless classic.

"Subterranean Homesick Blues" – 2:21
"She Belongs to Me" – 2:47
"Maggie's Farm" – 3:54
"Love Minus Zero/No Limit" – 2:51
"Outlaw Blues" – 3:05
"On the Road Again"– 2:35
"Bob Dylan's 115th Dream"– 6:30

Side two
"Mr. Tambourine Man" – 5:30
"Gates Of Eden" – 5:40
"It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)" – 7:29
"It's All Over Now, Baby Blue" – 4:12

it's hard to be the best bob dylan album but this one takes the cake. one side is bob electric and side two is accoustic. the outtakes from this album would even make another incredible album. the poetic lyrics are absolutely breathtaking and i think for originality alone this stands above the rest as dylan's true masterpiece.

Black Sabbath- Black Sabbath

Without it, this board wouldn't exist, because our music wouldn't exist.

yes it would, someone else would have made a heavy album it was just a matter of time.
its not like it absolutly had to be black sabbath.