Your opinion of the greatest piece of music ever created.

Dream Theatre - A change of Seasons (the song not the album)
Symphony X - The Odyssey
Gustav Holst - Jupiter
Stanley Myers - Cavatina
Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells 2
Pink Flloyd - Dark side of the Moon
Metallica - AJFA
Dream Theater - Metropolis Part 2
Mansun - Six

Best Piece of Music ever : Elgar - Nimrod

For Metal its:

My Dying Bride: Thrash of Naked Limbs

Otherwise it'd be Faure 'Pavane'
or Sibelius 'Finlandia'

as for metal:
1)Devin Townsend - Biomech, because it's an album that's nearly perfect.
2)many many Opeth songs (In Mist She was Standing, The Moor, Dirge For November, Advent)

I agree with Dying Sun. Beethoven - Symphony No. 9

Greatest piece of music every created by humans on Earth. I don't see it getting unseated any time soon either.

Other great pieces of (more modern) music:

Iron Maiden - Phantom of the Opera
Pink Floyd - Meddle
Yes - Starship Trooper

In my humble opinion, the single greatest, most beautiful piece of music in the entire world is The Beatles "In My Life."

As far as complete albums:

Every single album the Beatles have ever done
Dream Theater- Images and Words
Dream Theater- Awake
Fates Warning- A Pleasant Shade Of Gray
Queensryche- Operation: Mindcrime
Alice In Chains- Jar Of Flies
Pain Of Salvation- Remedy Lane

...and that is just skimming the top

Metal-wise I'm going to have to go with Reign in Blood- for personal reasons of course( i dont know nor can know if it is the greatest metal album ever

As for the rest of music in general- it would be just too hard- and too ridiculous to pick the best ever.

As for the Queensryche Mindcrime comment- Luminous couldnt be more wrong- Mindcrime was a landmark album, one of the first concept albums, and remarkably well done- How many metal bands can come up with such a good story, all so excellently put to music?- the guitar work of WIlton and Degarmo is good, the drums of Rockenfield are good, and Tate is sensational.

TakinTheMusicBack said:
"Unpossible"??? Is that to go with the word you invented on another topic "unlike"? Except "unlike" actually IS a real word stupid. :lol:

Jeez... some people have no culture.

I hereby command you to watch 10 episodes of the Simpsons and to consume 10 TV dinners while doing so. Cretin.

Beethoven...not bad. I find the music of chopin(esp. fantasy impromptu, the guy sat down and simulatenously played/composed this...If that doesn't fall under the realm of genius, I am unsyre what does) to be the most enchanting. Rachmaninoff is also very good in the piano department. Beethoven is indeed the father of the symphony. It baffles me why Haydn got that title. I don't enjoy any of his works.

JUDAS PRIEST - DEFENDERS OF THE FAITH
Pure Metal !!! Great music, great lyrics, great vocals.
The greatest band at the greatest time in Metal!

Testament-The New Order
Testament-The Legacy
Testament-The Gathering
Metallica-Master of Puppets
Slayer-Reign in Blood
Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon
Pink Floyd-Wish You Were Here
Emperor-In the Nightside Eclipse
Anthrax-Among the Living
Iron Maiden-Powerslave

I think that's enough...

In no particular order:

Metallica - Master of Puppets
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon, The Wall
Samuel Barber - Adagio for Strings
Vivaldi - Four Seasons
Tchaikovsky (sp?) - The Nutcracker Suite
Alice in Chains - Dirt
Megadeth - Rust in Peace
Smetana - The Moldau
Green Carnation - Light of Day, Day of Darkness
Emperor - Anthems
Anathema - Judgement
Acid Bath - When the Kite String Pops

Entombed - Morning Star
Some passionate death n roll. I can't believe some bitch about how they abandoned their traditional death metal song. I like their earlier work too but this album is a masterpiece.

Obituary - Slowly We Rot
Some slow, sick death metal. Their songs are just infectious and I can feel them down to my gut. Find The Arise, 'Til Death, Slowly We Rot... They were one of the best in death metal.

Pantera - All their heavy metal ones
Some catchy, powerful modern metal with a great vocalist. I love all thier albums in their own sort of way. Their sound got a lot more darker and bitter around Far Beyond Driven.

Sepultura - Beneath The Remains/Roots
Beneath The Remains must be the greatest thrash metal album of all time. And their Roots album has that song Straighthate.