Greatest Album Ever

It may have been a highly influential album, but that doesn't make it the best ever. Actually, there's a lot of garbage in it, in my opinion.

This, for me, is a tie between Rush's Permanent Waves and Sanctuary's Into the Mirror Black.

meddle.jpg

333.jpg

B000003S1E.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Those are probably the best non-metal albums that I listen to. I can't say "best metal album". There really isn't a best.

In my opinion your opinion is fucking stupid.

In my opinion, your lack of understanding for other people's opinions is fucking stupid.

...But I guess that's OK, because we're metalheads, and it's not "metal" to respect other people's opinions.

1999---Still-Life.jpg

Everything about Still Life is just amazing. The concept based around Melinda, the flow of the album, it's definitely their masterpiece. Not a dull moment on the whole cd. To this day i've never heard a more emotional and powerful album.

1999---Still-Life.jpg

Everything about Still Life is just amazing. The concept based around Melinda, the flow of the album, it's definitely their masterpiece. Not a dull moment on the whole cd. To this day i've never heard a more emotional and powerful album.

Absolutely their best and possibly the only one I care about in any capacity. :p

noopeth.png

Anyways, I couldn't really say what's the best album for me. Too hard to tell. And why should I?

Not sure if I have an all time fav, but the options would be:

Dark Tranquility - The Gallery
Every song is perfect - memorable melodies and vocal lines, a dynamic production, amazing guitar work, great lyrics, great vocals, it never gets boring.

Emperor - In The Nightside Eclipse
Raw, dark, epic, this is pretty much what black metal should be, in my mind. My first black metal album, it's effectively stopped me from really getting into the genre because I know nothing will ever measure up to it. I never get tired of it. It's so consistent, yet every song is memorable.

In Flames - Lunar Strain/Subterranean
In Flames at their best - the melodies are dark and classical. The vocals are raw and fit the vocals. The overall production is raw and atmospheric. Everything is more or less perfect.

OPTH SOLD OUT BEFORE TEY WERE EVEN FORMED WTFZ0R!!11!1@##@%@!

rofl

On a serious side note, could you people please fucking give reasons as to why you think said album is the best every made? That's what I want to read/see. Not massive fucking covers of albums that I already know what they look like. This is supposed to be creating interesting discussion on something you seem to connect to on every level possible that puts it above anything else in history.