The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

You say modified GP-1000?

I've never heard about that.

And that's a VHT 2:90:2

Oh, and I read on JGP a while ago that is was an ENGL Savage on Beware the Heavens. Sure sounds like one...

I swear I read Alexi had his preamp modified by Lee himself?

Are you sure it's a 2/90/2? I've always read 2/50...

I've seen Alexi and Roope using a Bogner Uberschall recently in a clinic, this AMP is supposetly a piece of art, I guess it's a great sounding amp.

Do you have the pic of Alexi's rack from that thread? The only one showing for me is Roope's. But the list there says:

"Alexi's Rack

1. Samson PowerBrite Pro 9.
2. Shure UHF Wireless Antenna
4. Shure UHF Marcad Diversity MKII Wireless Unit
5. RSP 2400 Hush/Enhancer/Exciter
6. Rocktron Intellifex
7. SansAmp PSA 1 (Tech 21 NYC)
8. Lee Jackson GP-1000
9. VHT Two/Fifty/Two"

I just wanna make sure everything I put in is accurate.

And I'll use that list you made a couple of posts below to fill in some of the blanks.

Actually, I think you're right. I checked a scan I had of a YG issue and I saw two/ninety/two.

Do you have the pic of Alexi's rack from that thread? The only one showing for me is Roope's. But the list there says:

"Alexi's Rack

1. Samson PowerBrite Pro 9.
2. Shure UHF Wireless Antenna
4. Shure UHF Marcad Diversity MKII Wireless Unit
5. RSP 2400 Hush/Enhancer/Exciter
6. Rocktron Intellifex
7. SansAmp PSA 1 (Tech 21 NYC)
8. Lee Jackson GP-1000
9. VHT Two/Fifty/Two"

I just wanna make sure everything I put in is accurate.

And I'll use that list you made a couple of posts below to fill in some of the blanks.

Actually, I think you're right. I checked a scan I had of a YG issue and I saw two/ninety/two.

Scroll up at the link.

Roope used his White RR for Midnight Madness!:)

I've added/corrected a few poweramps and added a bunch of stuff for Roope.

I think Alexi used the WildChild RR for Beware The Heavens. If you watch the live Sinergy vid of The Warrior Princess, he had it there in C# and used the Stone RR for Tokyo Warhearts, also for Rotterdam in '98 and Milwaukee in '00. He didn't start using the WildChild much with Bodom until '01.

i've wondered when did he order his own first custom built jackson? And which ones. And is the wildchild text on the guitar painted or is it a sticker? The "Stone" rr was Jiri's old. And it was his first? And i know he has about 20 guitars at home. (including Jackson guitars)

i've wondered when did he order his own first custom built jackson? And which ones. And is the wildchild text on the guitar painted or is it a sticker? The "Stone" rr was Jiri's old. And it was his first? And i know he has about 20 guitars at home. (including Jackson guitars)
I have to go look into the buildage of the wildchild, i know the serial of the Wilchild.

The wildchild sticker is a ... sticker.

Which is the ultimate COB sound pickup? I know alexi and roope have changed the pickups recently, but whats the best pup in your opinion.

Personally i love SD invader.

Which is the ultimate COB sound pickup? I know alexi and roope have changed the pickups recently, but whats the best pup in your opinion.

Personally i love SD invader.

The J-50BC is the ultimate CoB sound pickup.
The EMG HZ-H4 just sounds to standard "metal", and it had a very muddy tone when alexi used it.
The Seymour Duncan Blackout AHB-1 (wich is used now) is an improvement compared to the EMG HZ-H4.

Ok. Lets see if I can remember everything for his old settings....

Alexi Laiho equipment:
Rack:
Lee Jackson Perfect Connection GP-1000 preamp.
Rocktron Intellifex
MANY POWERAMPS!! (The main power amp used pre-AYDY was a Peavey Classic 50/50. Later was a VHT 50/50)

Guitar strings are DR Highbeams. 11-50 guage.
Picks used are Dunlop Jazz III
Cigarrettes smoked are Lucky Strike Full Flavor filtered.

Rack settings.
On the GP-1000 it is:
Volume full
Distortion Full and pulled.
Trebel full
Mid Full
Mid shift = 3
Bass = 9 o'clock
Output 2 is used (more bass), and is set to 11 o'clock (nobs go to 20 =\)

I asked Alexi about his amp settings on his GP-1000. He said he likes to Max everything to get the fullest distortion (if you've ever used the GP-1000, you'd know what he's talking about lol). However, the settings really don't matter other than distortion, volume, and midshift.

The settings on the Peavey 50/50 elude me. However, judging by his tone, Resonance would be set at 6 and presence 4 (if you've heard it live).

He sets the volume on his GP-1000 at 11 o'clock to get a very saturated power stage sound. It works EXTREMELY effectively. The GP-1000 is VERY Hot.

The Cabs used by Alexi in recording are 1970a lead cabinets (aka JCM-800 cabs). However, live, they grab what ever cabs they can get, since it's too expensive (and nearly impossible) to transport them overseas.

Alexi uses a wah in his signal chain as well. All other effects come from his intellifex. The only effect he really uses is the chorus. His noise reduction is also from the Intellifex (HUSH). Roope uses a standalone Hush unit in his rack.

What I always wanted to know does Roope have 2 of his Esp Star guitars in black? As seen in CRY he only has his black ESP star shape guitar. Does he change the guitar for the songs in dropped C/D Standard(what I didn't see in the vid) or does he stay with one guitar in dropped C? The second alternative seems to be very weird...