The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazi...he_Return_of_Lee_Jacksons_GP_1000.aspx?Page=2

What are the settings for each GP-1000?

The settings for both players are different, but basically it’s: preamp Volume on maximum, Distortion [push-pull pot] pulled out and on maximum; the Middle pretty much on full, Bass and Treble in mid-position. Alexi likes a pretty bright and mid sound for his solo parts. Roope was using more low end on the preamp. I can add that both guys, Alexi and Roope, are using internal boosters for their guitars to get enough distortion from the preamp.

Or at the first post:

Alexi Laiho's GP-1000 Preamp Settings

• Volume - Full
• Distortion - Full & pulled
• Treble - Full
• Mid - Full
• Mid shift - 3
• Bass - 9 O'Clock
• Output 2 is used (more bass), and is set to 11 O'Clock.

It won't matter if you have all settings the same...it will not sound like Alexi's sound. I am pretty sure all his Lee Jackson pre-amps were modded, not stock, so if your's isn't modded like Alexi's it won't sound the same, just similar. But you could have gotten a similar sound with your engl.

Have any modifications been performed on their GP-1000s?

Yes. Both preamps of Alexi and Roope are modified. A guy in Helsinki made them have a little more distortion

But I don't think Alexi had it modded back in 99 when he got it. So a hatebreeder sound should be in range, really. I can get as close as it gets to his sound with my equipment involving the GP-1000.

My main point was that he already had gear that could have gotten him close to that sound, so why buy a bunch of other gear only to be close again? Just seems like a waste of money IMO, but hey, it's his money not mine so he can really do whatever he wants with it.

Good deal, great effects unit, has a EQ big +++ :D But sadly it colors the sound a bit too much, but I'll bet its even easier to get a good bodom sound out of it than the intellifex. :p

i have a rocktron intellifex online but my first effect is called "warm echo"...and in thus position number is not possible add the chorus effect, then alexi use only delay and not chorus...

That is semi correct. Alexi used delays for all his live work after 2002, he used another effect back in the old days but I don't know witch.

There is a lot of chorus on the fist album and the three last ones at least. But Alexi's been using the mixing board effects and MXR-M134 stereo chorus for the newer ones. Perhaps he used the intellifex only on HB, FTR and HCDR? And with the delay effect only. Who knows, Alexi guards his old settings like pot of gold.

Anyone remember that white ESP Alexi was using in 2004 that had phosphor inlays? They would enter the stage from amidst dust during the intro to Hate Me and the first thing you'd see is the green stripes of Alexi's guitar gleaming in the shadow.

I can't recall the event when Alexi's guitars were stolen, but the whole switch from Jackson to ESP buffles me. According to Roope Alexi switched to ESP because "all his guitars were stolen." They were that low-budget they didn't afford new guitars until ESP made a call and offered Alexi this deal? I can't even imagine how many percent of their shark-fin guitars are being sold because of the Alexi inspiration. They must make millions because of Alexi. I bought the Jackson because I've always watched Alexi play and think that guitar looks the coolest. Never has Alexi expressed ESP guitars to be better than the Jacksons. Apparently Jackson for some reason couldn't offer him the deal that ESP did, I remember there was talk about another manufacturer bying Jackson or something?