The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

I believe at the time his Jackson were stolen he tried to get Jackson to make him more(he wasn't endorsed), but they couldn't have them ready for a year or something due to Fender buying out Jackson. So ESP contacted him and made him his first signature guitars in a much shorter time frame, so that is why he ended up with ESP. Why he doesn't go back to Jackson is anyones guess. Maybe he signed a deal to stay with ESP for so many years so he can't switch brands, or maybe Jackson is selling enough guitars without having to pay Alexi to play them, so they have no need to contact him to make a signature model.

His guitars were stolen after Spinefeast 2002 from their rehearsal place where they held a party after the show. At the same time Jackson was sold to Fender, who fired all their importers for the time, so it would have taken a year for Alexi to get new custom Jackson-guitars. They had already booked the big HCDR tour though, which would start in half a year. ESP offered a deal, which Alexi refused at first (because he wanted to play Jackson), but agreed in the end, as they promised to get him similar guitars as the Jacksons and before the tour would start. Afterwards Jackson has offered multiple deals to Alexi, but he has refused them, "because Jackson left him in a shitty situation back then", and I guess he's got a pretty good deal with ESP nowadays.

Over and out.

I understand the bitterness Alexi has towards Jackson for not willing to keep him as their man (it happened right before COB's American breakthru with Hatecrew Deathroll) and I'm sure Jackson regretted it later... my logic says Jackson is not allowed to promote their guitars with "the original Wild Child Laiho guitar" ads as they didn't have an endorsement deal. It's difficult to estimate how much Jacksons are being sold because of Alexi; obviously he has indirect value for Jackson - ironically now probably more than ten years ago when he was using them - and they don't see a need to pay overly much for Alexi for deal. My guess is he enjoys the RR24's more but simply has a mega deal from ESP. I remember they "have to" make the guitars in different shape to RR24's due to 'copyright' reasons... the ESP's always looked more bulky and unnatural in shape to me.

248937_175898972466473_100001391136597_463717_5789451_n.jpg

In the rack above the VHT cabinet, is there VHT power amp, SansAmp pre amp and wireless unit?

I went to the COB concert yesterday. I tried to see what gear they use, unfortunately, I did't see any amps on the stage. They might put them behind the stage. the only thing I saw was engl 412 cab. both Alexi and Roope used that. anyway, the sound was totally not like GP1000. they probably used something else.

and i want to say something else. I started reading this thread right after it was founded in 2008. I felt it's the best place to do some research about the gear at that time. However, now I feel this thread is pretty much done, because you could pretty much find the essential infor 2 years ago, which means most of the posts after 2009 are all bullshit. the last time i found the useful information was the article - "back in the rack." and I think that was last year.

today this thread is full of useless questions and meaningless discussions. Questions and topics which have been discussed before are asked by some stupid guys over and over. :erk: besides that, someone keeps posting something like " Does anyone know what................ Alexi used?" itallian bodom, you are fucking annoying!!!! Can you just shut up and stop asking some bullshit questoins????? :puke: no one gives a fuck!

I know people here really like Alexi's tone, but the only way to achieve the tone u like is trying every combination by youself.

Once again...Google couldn't even make sense of what you typed.

So when are you going to post some sound clips or something Italianbodom??? I assume you FINALLY figured it all out as you have not come onto the forum and asked a million and a half questions about gear.

Once again...Google couldn't even make sense of what you typed.

Sounds like something pizza-related to me. Frutti Di Mare!

So when are you going to post some sound clips or something Italianbodom??? I assume you FINALLY figured it all out as you have not come onto the forum and asked a million and a half questions about gear.

I'm still waiting for this, assuming mr. Spaghetti has been able to put his rack together. I have my doubts though, as considering how many questions he asked about it, I presume he doesn't even know what "volume" means. Reminds me of rich kids who had 4000e guitar, but couldn't play Smoke on the Water main riff properly.

today this thread is full of useless questions and meaningless discussions. Questions and topics which have been discussed before are asked by some stupid guys over and over. :erk: besides that, someone keeps posting something like " Does anyone know what................ Alexi used?" itallian bodom, you are fucking annoying!!!! Can you just shut up and stop asking some bullshit questoins????? :puke: no one gives a fuck!

lol

dont know if its me but when i click a tab on the firstpage of this thread i get like all this ascii text in a new browsertab or window...why doenst it download?
i tried IE and firefox now, can someone pls help me?

il be damned if this is gonna be something easy -.-

250045_208950029154649_132647500118236_542554_1785466_n.jpg

We can see one rack in the right bottom of the pic. There is the VHT power amp, simple to recognize but the rest... I don't know.

*EDIT: By the way, the other rack above this one seems to be the Janne's one with 2x Roland XV-5050 and other stuff.