The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

Hey we don't care if you're going to buy what they use, buy what you want, that's all! I have a friend who buy this pre amp, he absolutely doesn't care if Bodom use it or not (he's even not a fan of them).

i just discovered maximhatecrew has my old esp ltd rl600 guitar that i sold! the world is so small you guys..

It could look like it at the bottom of the rack but, in the studio and on the audix mic cob video you can cleary see the engl e530 preamp. It's more interresting to see that Alexi's using his sansamp, but then again, Alexsander used it his whole COB career.

Hi, why did you say Alexender used PSA in his whole COB career?? Im not questioning you or something. I'm just curious about the source, because that's something I always want to confirm.

Hi, why did you say Alexender used PSA in his whole COB career?? Im not questioning you or something. I'm just curious about the source, because that's something I always want to confirm.

I've seen pics from 98 and pictures and videos from 2004 that shows him using the Sansamp PSA. And the newest videos from his "new" project shows him still using it. :p

I've seen pics from 98 and pictures and videos from 2004 that shows him using the Sansamp PSA. And the newest videos from his "new" project shows him still using it. :p

Thanks.:p I thought he used PSA all the time too. However, I only saw the pic from 98. btw, is the 2004 show you mentioned the Tuska one? and where can I find his new project videos? I really want to see it.

Thanks.:p I thought he used PSA all the time too. However, I only saw the pic from 98. btw, is the 2004 show you mentioned the Tuska one? and where can I find his new project videos? I really want to see it.

Yeah the Tuska show, might have been in 2003, can't remember.
Anyways here is one of the youtube vids:

Last edited by a moderator:
Does any body stll have (or have the link to) this talked about 98 picture?
I got a sansamp psa-1 off ebay about 2 weeks ago not even knowing alexi and alexander use them!
Its an excellent preamp but you have to spend hours making your own patches because the presets (well most of them anyway) are bollocks.
Interesting to hear about though!

http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/6087/bodom05sa0.jpg

The Alexander rack is the one with the Korg DR-1000/PSA-1/AlesisQuadraverb/unknown unit/Marshall poweramp/ rack. It's plugged in with a jack cable and is obviously on and on a custom setting (above 60 on the midi-preset display). I think, it´s a modified MESA Triaxis sound, cause Alexander's settings doesn't sound too "marshally".

Ahh thanks man! Is that the only picture of Alexanders rack?
It annoys me that all you ever realy get in this thread/forum is Alexi bumlicking.
Don't get me wrong I think hes a fucking brilliant guitarist and I'm heavily influenced in my playing by him and look up to him a lot - but seriously Roope's and Alexanders tones have been sweet over the years!
Jaska deserves more praise as well

does anyone know which amp is alexi using on the old rock house dvds??

He´s using ADA-MP1, probably modified with an extra gain-stage or two.
But then again, Alexi's GP-1000 is modded as well. So modding is needed on all amps to get the Bodom sound. (with exception of the Sansamp PSA which has insane amounts of gain already).

yeah thats true but where could i get one jackson gp1000? not even on ebay its on sale =S

You'll have to scour music resale stores. Good luck.

Try Walter Hutcherson's Musical Exchange
Monday through Friday: 10 AM to 6 PM
Saturday: 10 AM to 5 PM
Sunday: Closed

TELEPHONE
512-451-8512

Austin, Texas 78750

I'd call for you, but they aren't open yet.

By the way, the Ada mp-1 have built in chorus so no need for a effect processor then. ;-)

I don't know if you could use this with a regular Podxt, but if you buy the "metal addon" you might find this Amp modulation in it.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey!

first of all thanks for your previous help on the riff of children of bodom song;) but i have a new issue now about gear

i finally got a lee jackson gp1000 through ebay and its in great shape. i connect it into my peavey 6505 combo through the fx return to use its power amp and cab. however i need your guys help cuz i cant get even near the tone of alexi or like this guy http://www.youtube.com/user/palque#p/u/3/ST7wJrMqdtA

my guitar is the same as that guy and i use the emg alx
i dont want to have the exact sound of alexi but to i want to get something similiar though. i know that arcane has a very good tone on his videos he might know how to help me. i think the main problem is the power amp because the tone i get connecting the gp1000 to the 6505 is very near to the 6505 very own tone... connecting the gp1000 to the 6505 gets me like the soul of the gp1000 very hidden and basically the tone of the 6505 =S so i really think the problem begins there, how much does the power amp influence your tone?

what else could i do? what really does the rocktron intellifex do?

ps: i dont want to look like a alexi laiho wannabe noob like that italian guy, i just really dig his tone and i want to develop my own based on his so i first need to know how to get close to his.

thanks!