The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

It´s not that hard to find one that's good, but 2 out of 4 is too trebly or in bad shape. JE-1000 ebay clones are beyond shit

Should have bought the froum clone. Much better ;-) EMG HZ H4 is much gainier and a tad treblier

Probably the crappy Ebay clone......I bought one a while back and it was just terrible. Harshest sounding tone I ever heard come from my guitar.

Just tested the release version of twcc clone and my first impression is that it is probably more smoother and silent (noise) than the original. Could also be the really good J50BC, but it is totally awesome.

Just tested the release version of twcc clone and my first impression is that it is probably more smoother and silent (noise) than the original. Could also be the really good J50BC, but it is totally awesome.

still anxiously waiting for mine to arrive :D

and the agonizing install process -.- never did such a thing before

Yes him or RR480. The latter is more online and is the charge of shipping. 40 euro plus 8 for shipping I think. Very high quality ;-)

Yes him or RR480. The latter is more online and is the charge of shipping. 40 euro plus 8 for shipping I think. Very high quality ;-)

+1
I haven't tried it, but it doesn't look like a "clone", it's probably the best out there, and the cheapest

The reason for the large shape is the pull/push pot with a switching circuit that could bypass the JE-1000 clone as whole, not just the gain as the original can, but the EQ too. It also has large WIPA caps (the best quality capacitors there is. The original has high quality parts, but these WIPA caps weren't even made back in 1986. So make sure that there is enough room for a longer "JE-1000 clone in your guitar cavity. Fron loaded Jacksons with a lot of tone pots makes this very very tight, but still possible.

I just decided to get a EMG ALX as I don't have much money atm cause of rent. Was thinking of installing just the EMG gainboost and keeping the Jackson J50BC in my guitar but will probably just install the whole thing by itself. May buy the forum clone later this year on next if it's still in production and am not happy with the ALX.

Has anyone tried a single coil pickup with a gain boost before? I currently have a switch I installed to turn the JE1000 clone on/off but am taking it out & the ALX is a push/pull volume switch. Not sure if I should install a single coil in the neck position and use the switch as a pickup selector or just turn it into a killswitch.

Why the fuck would you even buy the ALX? Alexi dosen't even use it. Only used it in the EMGtv video(s). Sounds the worst out of them all. JE-1000 is a bit noisy with a singlecoil. Would recommend a NS-2 or a JE-1200 instead.

Why the fuck would you even buy the ALX? Alexi dosen't even use it. Only used it in the EMGtv video(s). Sounds the worst out of them all. JE-1000 is a bit noisy with a singlecoil. Would recommend a NS-2 or a JE-1200 instead.

Wait isn't the EMG ALX pretty much the same as the HZ-H4 (or H2, whatever he's using nowadays) + MM-04?

It is a H2 with a poor JE-1000/MM-04 clone wiith dfferent frequences all over. Only worth t if you can't get your hands on a good JE-1000 clone or MM-04

Why the fuck would you even buy the ALX? Alexi dosen't even use it. Only used it in the EMGtv video(s). Sounds the worst out of them all

As I said it was cheap and am only going to temporarily have it in the guitar until I get a MM-04 or forum clone within the next month or two as the clone JE1000 I got from ebay is faulty so I can't even play my guitar properly atm.

Once I buy the MM-04 or forum clone I'll take the ALX out and put it a cheaper guitar I made a few years ago which needs a new pickup anyways.

Oh the ALX isn't that bad.....you bunch of fucking gear snobs, and who cares if Alexi uses it or not?

10 band EQ = pretty much a playable tone with any guitar or amp. Better investment than a P/U anyways IMO. Effects the sound more. "My stock P/U is too sharp"....well, EQ the fucking sharp out of it!

Speaking of the forum clone......did we ever get any GOOD sound clips of it? Wanted to get one but waiting to see what it sounds like.

Is the actual ALX pickup (not the boost) the same HZ-H2 pickup in the high end ESP models?

Anyways I thought I had to pay for other expenses this month which I don't now so I went ahead and bought a MM-04 booster as well.

Speaking of the forum clone......did we ever get any GOOD sound clips of it? Wanted to get one but waiting to see what it sounds like.

Yeah I didn't really hear a decent sounding test of the forum clone & although I bet it's good I went with the MM-04 because ESP products in the past haven't let me down & I can hear various people on youtube with different amp setups using the boost.

Am going to replace the JE1000 clone with it in my Jackson which has a J50BC pickup in it atm. Will see how it sounds- if it's not that good I'll replace the J50BC with the ALX pickup & install the ALX booster and a spare HZ-H4 pickup I have lying around into my other guitar which needs a new pickup.

10 band EQ = pretty much a playable tone with any guitar or amp. Better investment than a P/U anyways IMO. Effects the sound more. "My stock P/U is too sharp"....well, EQ the fucking sharp out of it!

I already have a EQ pedal which I use with my setup- the problem is I have my amp and effects over at my cousins house and only rarely get to jam over there. Where I live is too small to play a big amp loud enough for it to sound good so I just use a UX1 to practice with at home.

hey guys,

if i wanted to change the pickup of my alexi guitar because i dont like the mid treble sound and im definitely wanting to smooth the highs and have a tight low end, which pickup would you recommend? in the moment i have the emg alx and i dont want anything like it..

thank you!