The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

hey guys,

if i wanted to change the pickup of my alexi guitar because i dont like the mid treble sound and im definitely wanting to smooth the highs and have a tight low end, which pickup would you recommend? in the moment i have the emg alx and i dont want anything like it..

thank you!

Did you try some of the other freq. settings on the ALX?

They can really change the way that P/U sounds.

You may like one of them and then wouldn't have to buy anything new.

Hey guys,

If you both your guitar from abroad how did you pay for it/them? Sent the money and he sent the guitar and you've trust each other?

Do you know any safe way for this kind of business? (For example: I would send him the money, but the service won't transfer to him directly it locks down that amount of money on my account, it gives me a code, that I send him proving the payment, then he ship my guitar he get a similar code than mine, he send it to me. I have to show his code to the deliveryman, he check it and tick it on his device, then the locked down money automatically transfers to his bank account)

May PayPal has this kind of option?

no
and next to that i would recommend paying with paypal, and if there are any fuckers coming up with something like western union, than i would walk away from that.

paypal is pretty safe, and if you get scammed paypal will return your money (atleast that is what have been told)

And if paypal can't mastercard or visa will. So pay with devit/credit card and through paypal. Safest option there is.

Holy fucking shit- I installed the ESP MM-04 booster and EMG HZ-H2 in my RR24 and my guitar sounds amazing now. There's a slight wah sound to the higher strings but it's not over powering and makes runs sound smooth. Very happy :) The ebay clone & the Jackson J50BC I had in previously were extremely noisy but this is really quiet and makes harmonics ring out well.

SO, I have received my new JE-1000, got out the J50BC thats been lying here for a year and im getting all the parts ready to start making over my RR24

I will install JE1k + j50-BC combo and put Gold hardware on my guitar...dont worry im not into the wildchild sticker etc i just liked the J2SP for its looks.

BUT....what tuners should i get? they cant be to expensive? since im using a locking nut they probably arent of pro use anyways?

idk i need you guys to help me out here :\ i need gold tuners...nothing to expensive but doesnt need to be cheap either..just no wild figures above 150 euros, preferrably around 80 euros

its perfect....but i cant buy bcuz it needs a credit card...its impossible to pay it with paypal cuz even then it asks me to add a credit card to my paypal... could be that my paypal hasnt got enough money on it...but still, it should give a different notification.

sucks balls...

anyone want to be my middle man?

its perfect....but i cant buy bcuz it needs a credit card...its impossible to pay it with paypal cuz even then it asks me to add a credit card to my paypal... could be that my paypal hasnt got enough money on it...but still, it should give a different notification.

How come you aren't able to get a credit card? Aren't you old enough? Surely you could give your parents the cash and ask to use their card?

Anyways, I have a spare EMG ALX gain boost lying around and was wondering- would wiring that up with a Seymour Duncan SH-6 and '59 make things too distorted considering those pickups are high gain passives already? I don't really need much more gain out of them but was wondering if I set the boost to a low output it could give it a tiny bit of extra power to the sound.

How come you aren't able to get a credit card? Aren't you old enough? Surely you could give your parents the cash and ask to use their card?

Anyways, I have a spare EMG ALX gain boost lying around and was wondering- would wiring that up with a Seymour Duncan SH-6 and '59 make things too distorted considering those pickups are high gain passives already? I don't really need much more gain out of them but was wondering if I set the boost to a low output it could give it a tiny bit of extra power to the sound.

im 23 and i have a regular bank card but not like visa or mastercard, it has yearly fees, neither do my parents have any of these because thye ahve no use of them... thye never buy things on credit or online so.

Arystar: That's just wow:zombie: My national bank's Junior Card has MasterCard, PayPass options at default.

Btw: Does anyone know Jackson rr24 w/b, b/y for sale between 500 and 600 euro in Europe?

Arystar: That's just wow:zombie: My national bank's Junior Card has MasterCard, PayPass options at default.

Btw: Does anyone know Jackson rr24 w/b, b/y for sale between 500 and 600 euro in Europe?

DW I got the order placed right now, I got the credit card notification because there was not enough funding on my PayPal Account. Its resolved now :)

thank you for the help Srob!

I have a Question:

Soon (coming 2 weeks) I will install the J50-BC + J1k Combo in my Rhoads and put on gold hardware...now the EMG81 that is currently in there + the black hardware on there will be transfered to my LTD Alexi-200...so that the crap guitar turns into something decent as well..

now I heard that I need a Stereo Jack for the EMG81... I will let the Rhoads jack stay with the Rhoads and use it for the J1k combo, so I will have to order a new one for the EMG81 into LTD build.

will this one do: http://www.thomann.de/be/goeldo_j0019_stereoklinkenbuchse.htm ?

and are stereo jacks wired the same? or is a standard(non stereo) jack just wired with 1 less wire...or how?

help? :p

Great idea. Yeah that jack from thomann will do! Just check on google for some emg 81 manual/instructions.

So I'm ordering an OFR from Thomann.de

now, since I have a Jackson RR24 I need an R3 Locking Nut.

does anyone know with what kind of Locking Nut the OFR is standardly delivered from Thomann.de?

And in case of...; where can I get an OFR Locking Nut R3 Chrome?

(not stewmac or thomann.de have OFR R3 Gold locking nut)

Sorry can't help

I've been thinking about getting a 7 string recently, I'd probably get the jeff loomis sig used for cheap on ebay or craigslist