The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

hi

I was just installing my J50-BC + Je-1000 combo now the problem i have encountered is that the pickup hole is smaller than the pickup itself.

how can I solve this?
atm i have my guitar completely open but I cannot install the pickup.

any help?

pls?

hey

thx for help everythign worked great, nut was a little lower though so i had to use a piece of ebony fo about 0.8mm and now it all sits perfectly.

on another note:
My OFR Gold chrome came with 3 springs which arent nearly as strong as the ones that where originally in the guitar, at first i put 3 in, that proved to little, then I put in 1 of the original ones, tension was still lose and bridge tilting towards the neck,
in the end i used all 4 of my original springs and the bridge is levelled. I tried screwing the claw further inward but its screwed in as far as i can get it..so idk

I used 10-52 gauge strings for D-tuning. why do the OFR springs have less tension then the springs that where originally in there?
since 4 OFR springs arent the same as he original ones.

3 OFR + 1 orig = bridge tilted
4 orig = bridge level

maybe 4 OFR springs require claw screwed deeper?

BTW, it might be a good idea to also post the JE-1000 settings of alexi on the main post Warheart

That's a really unbalanced and bad string gauge to use for Drop D (D-A-D-G-B-E) tuning. Just saying.
EDIT: It also sucks major balls for std. D.

thats 11-50, thats tighter on the high E and looser on the low E..

alexi used 10-52 if i recall correctly. btw i use ernie ball orange package.

i will try it on my other guitar, i guess the floyd will sink more with them though

It's a perfectly fine set and no, actually, the lowest E is tighter than high E :D

10-52 is fine for D standard tuning. I use 10-52 on all 3 of my D tuned guitars with OFR. I only use 3 springs. I can't stand .11 or larger strings. I ONLY use those on C standard tuned guitars, even then I can't stand how thick those strings are.

How old were the strings you had on the guitar? If they were pretty old then the new strings would have more tension on them until they stretch out. Shouldn't matter though. It's a balancing act between the strings and springs, so if your strings are pulling the bridge forward you need less string tension. The claw that holds the springs you want in half way so you have adjustment both in and out if you need it. You really should be able to make it work with 3 springs if you really want it to w/ the strings you have. I like 3 better as it makes whammy tricks a lot easier to do for me, especially the flutter.

Damn, I'm completely on the other end of the spectrum, I prefer 10-52 on E standard and 12-68 on D and drop C.
I can't play rhythm at all if the strings aren't tighter than a nun's...

10-52 is fine for D standard tuning. I use 10-52 on all 3 of my D tuned guitars with OFR. I only use 3 springs. I can't stand .11 or larger strings. I ONLY use those on C standard tuned guitars, even then I can't stand how thick those strings are.

How old were the strings you had on the guitar? If they were pretty old then the new strings would have more tension on them until they stretch out. Shouldn't matter though. It's a balancing act between the strings and springs, so if your strings are pulling the bridge forward you need less string tension. The claw that holds the springs you want in half way so you have adjustment both in and out if you need it. You really should be able to make it work with 3 springs if you really want it to w/ the strings you have. I like 3 better as it makes whammy tricks a lot easier to do for me, especially the flutter.

Im using new strings now, but they are on there for a week now and I have played atleast 3 hours a day and atm the floyd is perfectly level, bu with 4 springs.

But if i put in the 3 OFR springs with 10-52 then the strings pull the floyd towards the neck, so i'd say that the springs dont provide enough pull?
or could it be that i pull my strings 1 full rotation(D-E-F-G-A-B-C-D) to tight?

Damn, I'm completely on the other end of the spectrum, I prefer 10-52 on E standard and 12-68 on D and drop C.
I can't play rhythm at all if the strings aren't tighter than a nun's...

laughed hard at this :rofl:

Sylosis much?

I know that Middleton uses 11-49, but ever since I years ago switched to a set of 10 of Elixir strings, because my guitar teacher recommended it, I've used 10-52.
I wanted have the same tension when playing D Standard, so I went with 12-68.

But yeah, love the band, can't wait for the new album.

I know that Middleton uses 11-49, but ever since I years ago switched to a set of 10 of Elixir strings, because my guitar teacher recommended it, I've used 10-52.
I wanted have the same tension when playing D Standard, so I went with 12-68.

But yeah, love the band, can't wait for the new album.

Josh used to play 10-52 in E earlier. But damn... That low action.

im trying to get a recording setup at home and right now am trying to decide between a line 6 pod hd pro and eleven rack (both around $300)

Any advice?

im trying to get a recording setup at home and right now am trying to decide between a line 6 pod hd pro and eleven rack (both around $300)

Any advice?

Pod would be a better choice. A bit more complicated than older line 6 stuff, but tone is waaaay better. Pod + Recabinet = epic win