The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

So I won $500 playing fantasy football this year and I took that money plus the $300 I was going to buy a POD HD with and bought an Axe Fx Standard on eBay.
It's the same unit as the Axe Fx Ultra but with less CPU which I heard I was only necessary if you wanted to use a stupid amount of effects. I know the Axe fx II is obviously better but I didn't have the additional $1500 to spend.

Should be getting it in the mail next week, will post my thougths

but still only sound through my chromatic tuner and no sound through amp

try typical trouble shooting.

if u are getting signal to the pedal just fine the the guitar is probably ok. have you tried going straight into the amp with no pedal?

if that works, problem is the pedal. not the guitar.

here is a helpful link for troubleshooting a variety of amp related issues
http://www.geofex.com/ampdbug/ampdebug.htm

start off trying out the easy solutions before you decide you need a new preamp.....

try typical trouble shooting.

if u are getting signal to the pedal just fine the the guitar is probably ok. have you tried going straight into the amp with no pedal?

if that works, problem is the pedal. not the guitar.

here is a helpful link for troubleshooting a variety of amp related issues
http://www.geofex.com/ampdbug/ampdebug.htm

start off trying out the easy solutions before you decide you need a new preamp.....

its not the amp, sine the amp works with all my other guitars. its the wiring probably, idk whats wrong with it.

the guitar was ruined due to its wood i took all the parts off and its now trash.
the ruined wood isnt bcuz of me or my wiring its bcuz of usage.

if the amp works then the problem is the pedal. because u said the guitar does send signal to your pedal. i would pop that thing open and see if theres any obvious broken wires or anything

do you use that same pedal with your other guitars?

What type of chromatic tuner do you use?

I can have my guitar plugged into mine, with volume turned off, and the tuner will still pick up the notes as it has an external mic as it will also work for acoustic guitars. Maybe the guitar is not wired right and the tuner is just picking up the sound direct from the strings instead of the signal through the cable.

I agree with gorhrut......plug guitar straight into amp and see if it works as it could be a pedal. If it still doesn't work then something is not wired right with your guitar.

Yu guys i have a question

I own a Line6 Studio UX2 that came with POD Farm 2.0
I have always used my earplugs wired from the UX2's "phones" output.

Yesterday my GF gifted me Razer Adaro Bluetooth Headphones.
The headphones connect to my laptop's Bluetooth which is normal but I cannot get my sound from my POD Farm 2.0 to come through.

I have contacted Line6 customer support and made a ticket but they do not know a way since they cannot test it etc.., they did tell me that the Line6 Studio UX2 takes over as my computer's soundcard.

Do any of you know how to make it work?

Arcane how do you do it? since I've seen you play with headphones(wireless?)

the idea was to get line6 wireless guitar system and a wireles headphone and thsu be able to paly wireless in my room because im being confined to a small corner otherwise(and im tired of that)

anyone have any ideas? other software or hardware may be advised as well i just want options or solutions.

ty

POD Farm only works with the soundcard in your UX2 device which hasn't an bluetooth interface. So you answered your question yourself. The UX2 can only be connected by wire and not via bluetooth. And that's how I do it.

Edit: In case of you didn't know it... when you connect your UX2 with your notebook via USB, the soundcard of your notebook will be disabled. That's why bluetooth won't work.

POD Farm only works with the soundcard in your UX2 device which hasn't an bluetooth interface. So you answered your question yourself. The UX2 can only be connected by wire and not via bluetooth. And that's how I do it.

Edit: In case of you didn't know it... when you connect your UX2 with your notebook via USB, the soundcard of your notebook will be disabled. That's why bluetooth won't work.

thx Arcane

Another Thing entirely

I would like to know wich number out of 75 my limited Ed. Jackson RR24 is.

On my neck below the 24th fret is a number. Ive done some research and most websites talk of serials beginning with "J" or "U" but mine doesnt have anything just 6 numbers.

anyone can help?

anyone know what gear was used in the young guitar 2011 vid? i know alexi switched to engl that year but the vid sounds exactly like my modded gp1000(using celestion g12t-75)

All of the young guitar videos (almost without exception) has included a JCM 2000 of some form.

hmm, ill have to check out the schematic of the jcm 2000. my gp tone sounds exactly!!! the same

but really only like that 1 young guitar vid, the other one(reap n roll or whatev) sounded like the unmodded gp when i first got it.

on another note, i just got an edwards alexi with seymour duncans. i know that the treble cut isnt supposed to work with these but the gain boost is supposed to. if i play with anything more than 50% gain boost it turns to mushy muddy crap.

anyone else experience this with the SDs and mm04?

Do you folks thinks it's possible that Alexi is getting this sound just from that LTD guitar and the little Blackstar combo amp that occasionally appears on the left side of the screen? Or is there something else going on? I wouldn't mind at all getting a sound like that.

Last edited by a moderator: