The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

I used to use the EMGHZ that came in my Stars along with the gainbooost (EMG PA-2) but never really liked the sound. Dull, lifeless, "round". The gainboost was literally just upping the gain. JE-1000 or the esp alexi one has some EQ stuff going on too but doubt it'll make a big difference.

Ended up going with the classic EMG81. It just sounds so nice and mean. And with the 18V mod it doesn't sound as sterile as 9V.

The heart of Alexi's tone is in the GP-1000 I would say. That sound is really something!
I don't know man, he still sounded unmistakably Alexi through an ENGL e530, Savage or Marshall JVM410H. I've had a GP-1000, and tbh i didnt really have succes with using it with a EMG 81 loaded ESP SV standard, and Peavey 50/50 classic. Not enough pre-gain from the pickup tobreally drive it. I didn't have any overdrive pedal at the time, because I was told by internet gurus that distortion had to come from the amp.

You could still use a low/medium oupit SD, and have that 'quality' before the boost. Which HZ's have you had?
I had a set of H4's in a LTD M-200, and lemme just say i will never go there again.

I used to use the EMGHZ that came in my Stars along with the gainbooost (EMG PA-2) but never really liked the sound. Dull, lifeless, "round". The gainboost was literally just upping the gain. JE-1000 or the esp alexi one has some EQ stuff going on too but doubt it'll make a big difference.

Ended up going with the classic EMG81. It just sounds so nice and mean. And with the 18V mod it doesn't sound as sterile as 9V.

The heart of Alexi's tone is in the GP-1000 I would say. That sound is really something!
The difference between the PA-2 and the JE-1000 couldn't be bigger. I also had the PA-2 installed first and it is nothing more than just an extra gain boost, but the JE-1000 adds that typical wah sound. The 3 mini switches also produce completely different sounds (depending on the position). Ican record a sample for the respective positions of the mini switches next week.

My friend resurrected a broken original JE-1000 that I bought off ebay and is putting it into a pedal enclosure soon. I have plans to do a shoot out between the JE, MM-04, EMG ALX and the JE-1000 copy that you can get off ebay. To my ears, they all sound a little different.

What the heck of Franken creature is that? Did someone wanted the sound of the Stratocaster but loved the body of the Jackson RRs? :yow:

Ohh minion body I see.

My friend resurrected a broken original JE-1000 that I bought off ebay and is putting it into a pedal enclosure soon. I have plans to do a shoot out between the JE, MM-04, EMG ALX and the JE-1000 copy that you can get off ebay. To my ears, they all sound a little different.

I too had the idea of placing one of the booster circuits in a pedal enclosure but some smartypants mansplained to me why it wouldn't work (as good). Something about the inductance of your cable, and that the cable would basically become a low pass filter when combined with the resistance of the pot. Or something like that. So I've binned the idea until I can get confirmation that it would work.
JE-1000 clone of ebay and a Hammond enclosure would be cheap and brilliant compared to my other boosts and overdrives.

And he has a green pinstripe ;)

Btw, @Fastbodom after what has happened I don't think that Daniel would ever part with Alexi's Jackson. (You mentioned earlier that you've tried to buy the green one from him.)

Did ypu mean to say Alexi still had the green pinstripe Jackson?
I thought that white pinstripe and yellow wildchild was stolen and the green one had its neck broken or snapped. But Daniel has that one now?

Did ypu mean to say Alexi still had the green pinstripe Jackson?
I thought that white pinstripe and yellow wildchild was stolen and the green one had its neck broken or snapped. But Daniel has that one now?

Alexi always had his green pinstripe, The Wildchild (black and yellow beveld jackson) and the stone (black with white pinstripes) where the ones stolen in 2002.

Alexi played the green pinstripe during 2003
(Example Tuska festival) but the jackson brand taped off because of endorsement with ESP at the end of 2002 beginning 03.

then he put the jackson for years in a guitar case in his home or storage, till later they dug it up for some studio play. Then till a point he sold it/gave it to Daniel. The neck was never broken, only paint damage by abuse...

Reactions: MaximHateCrew
I too had the idea of placing one of the booster circuits in a pedal enclosure but some smartypants mansplained to me why it wouldn't work (as good). Something about the inductance of your cable, and that the cable would basically become a low pass filter when combined with the resistance of the pot. Or something like that. So I've binned the idea until I can get confirmation that it would work.
JE-1000 clone of ebay and a Hammond enclosure would be cheap and brilliant compared to my other boosts and overdrives.
Ask @Lowberg

He installed the Je-1000 in a pedal.

alexi600sch.png

This is for Alexi-600 Scythe. Almost doubled the price after the announcement. Last Scythe went for 1700€ (!!!)according to reverb.

Alexi always had his green pinstripe, The Wildchild (black and yellow beveld jackson) and the stone (black with white pinstripes) where the ones stolen in 2002.

Alexi played the green pinstripe during 2003
(Example Tuska festival) but the jackson brand taped off because of endorsement with ESP at the end of 2002 beginning 03.

then he put the jackson for years in a guitar case in his home or storage, till later they dug it up for some studio play. Then till a point he sold it/gave it to Daniel. The neck was never broken, only paint damage by abuse...

Aah thanks for clearing that up, i read somewhere (incorrectly) that it had died. But the green pinstripe was Roopes, before 2002-3 right?
The yellow was his own custom right, and the white was bought from Jiri? Anyways thank for the info

Ask @Lowberg

He installed the Je-1000 in a pedal.

Hope he chips in. My worries is whether it picks up more noise from the cable, and if the inductance from the cable + the resistance to ground can somehow count as a tone filter.