The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

Ok, I'm not sure I understood you. You want only the DI tracks, one 100% left, one 100% right?
I have recorded 4 tracks for you. Two with gain boost on and two with gain boost off. I don't know to what extent the position of the mini switches of the Je-1000 are of use to you, because the guitar sounds different depending on the position. At the moment, I have it set so that the wah effect is almost inaudible.
Do the tracks have to be accurate? I haven't played AYDY for ages and now I just made 4 quick recordings.

Attachments

• AYDY 100% left, Je off.mp3
    383.9 KB · Views: 14
  • AYDY 100%right, Je off.mp3
    383.9 KB · Views: 6
  • AYDY 100%left, JE on.mp3
    383.9 KB · Views: 13
  • AYDY 100%right JE on.mp3
    383.9 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: drawnacrol
Thats great! tanks! The boost didn't work with the original preset so I just used the "Je off" DIs.

First is the STL Tonehub - Lasse Lammert Pack - Children of the Lake Profile. It is meant to be a lead guitar tone but works fine for rhythm. The signal chain is:
Maxon OD820 > Lee Jackson Perfect Connection GP-1000 > ENGL 4 x12 V30 with an SM57

Second is tone-matched from Living Dead Beat before the first verse starts. Third is tone-matched from You're Better off Dead before the Keyboard Solo. Pitch shifting up to C to tone-match added in some nasty frequencies but the core album tone is there.

Reactions: <Arcane>
Ok, I'm not sure I understood you. You want only the DI tracks, one 100% left, one 100% right?
I have recorded 4 tracks for you. Two with gain boost on and two with gain boost off. I don't know to what extent the position of the mini switches of the Je-1000 are of use to you, because the guitar sounds different depending on the position. At the moment, I have it set so that the wah effect is almost inaudible.
Do the tracks have to be accurate? I haven't played AYDY for ages and now I just made 4 quick recordings.
There's no sound playing back from the "JE on" mp3s (at least for me), maybe something went wrong somewhere.

Thats great! tanks! The boost didn't work with the original preset so I just used the "Je off" DIs.

First is the STL Tonehub - Lasse Lammert Pack - Children of the Lake Profile. It is meant to be a lead guitar tone but works fine for rhythm. The signal chain is:
Maxon OD820 > Lee Jackson Perfect Connection GP-1000 > ENGL 4 x12 V30 with an SM57

Second is tone-matched from Living Dead Beat before the first verse starts. Third is tone-matched from You're Better off Dead before the Keyboard Solo. Pitch shifting up to C to tone-match added in some nasty frequencies but the core album tone is there.

The second and the third one sound awesome! The second one sounds exactly the original tone! Man, If I had known you were going to upload this, I would have made an effort... my playing is terriible on those lol

Can I send you two more in the next few days, on which you can put your plugin for me? I would like to test how it sounds in comparison to my Neural DSP plugins.

Btw. have you tried the AYDY backing track from my Backing Tracks link? There's a link with only the guitars for AYDY. There's also a link with guitars only for Done with everything... and If you want peace,...

There's no sound playing back from the "JE on" mp3s (at least for me), maybe something went wrong somewhere.
It works for me. I don't know why nothing comes up for you. The je-off work?

Last edited:
Reactions: MaximHateCrew
The second and the third one sound awesome! The second one sounds exactly the original tone! Man, If I had known you were going to upload this, I would have made an effort... my playing is terriible on those lol

Can I send you two more in the next few days, on which you can put your plugin for me? I would like to test how it sounds in comparison to my Neural DSP plugins.

Btw. have you tried the AYDY backing track from my Backing Tracks link? There's a link with only the guitars for AYDY. There's also a link with guitars only for Done with everything... and If you want peace,..

The video is on private so only people in this thread can listen to it but I can delete it if you want to send me better tracks in the next few days? I was just using it as an easy way to share files here without having to download. If you could record the tracks but export them with no panning, the right side tracks I had to set to stereo to get sound for some reason.

What Neural DSP sims do you own? I could make a preset + tone match impulse for you so you will have those two tones you liked? Some of the frequencies are lost with the pitch shift/B tuning though.

I was trying to find the AYDY guitars, I’ll download them and use that instead for a better match. I need to check if I worship chaos and Hexed have any isolated guitar parts to tone match.

Oh no, you don't have to delete it ;)

Did you have the problem with both right guitars? Strange.

I have Nolly, Plini and Cali, but I would use Nolly and Cali as a comparison.

I don't quite understand about the B tuning. Let's say I send you two tracks that I record in drop B and that are also regularly in drop B, do you have to pitch them half a step higher?

I have no idea how this works with the Tone Match, but if you could make a preset that would be great.

IWC has some small isolated parts in Hurt and the intro of IWC of course and Hexed only has some really small parts in This Road, when the verse starts and in the beginning of Relapse

The video is on private so only people in this thread can listen to it but I can delete it if you want to send me better tracks in the next few days? I was just using it as an easy way to share files here without having to download. If you could record the tracks but export them with no panning, the right side tracks I had to set to stereo to get sound for some reason.

What Neural DSP sims do you own? I could make a preset + tone match impulse for you so you will have those two tones you liked? Some of the frequencies are lost with the pitch shift/B tuning though.

I was trying to find the AYDY guitars, I’ll download them and use that instead for a better match. I need to check if I worship chaos and Hexed have any isolated guitar parts to tone match.

Any chance of sharing tone matched Kemper profiles of Hatebreeder or HCDR? Would be interested on those Neural DSP patches also.

Oh no, you don't have to delete it ;)

Did you have the problem with both right guitars? Strange.

I have Nolly, Plini and Cali, but I would use Nolly and Cali as a comparison.

I don't quite understand about the B tuning. Let's say I send you two tracks that I record in drop B and that are also regularly in drop B, do you have to pitch them half a step higher?

I have no idea how this works with the Tone Match, but if you could make a preset that would be great.

IWC has some small isolated parts in Hurt and the intro of IWC of course and Hexed only has some really small parts in This Road, when the verse starts and in the beginning of Relapse

I have Nolly so I could use that. If its in B tuning that's fine but if the guitar track is in C then the tone match doesn't work properly, you can pitch shift either guitar but that introduces nasty frequencies. I'll check those parts out.

Any chance of sharing tone matched Kemper profiles of Hatebreeder or HCDR? Would be interested on those Neural DSP patches also.

I don't own a Kemper anymore. I can share the patches but without Arcane's guitar + pickups + play style it won't sound right.

Reactions: <Arcane>
Hey guys!

What do you think about this? Is this worth the quid?

https://kytary.co.uk/jackson-x-series-rhoads-rrx24-lrl-byb/HN212036/

it's 715€ on this site.
I think a reverse headstock on a Rhoads looks awful, but it's a matter of taste. The FR Special is not the worst trem but not very good either. The trem arm socket is usually loose and it causes the trem arm to wobble. The sustain block is made of zinc or other crap like that. The good thing about FR Specials is that the parts are fully interchangeable with OFR/Schaller parts. Throw in a Schaller trem arm with the socket that comes with it to fix the wobbliness. The SD Blackouts are pretty solid pickups though.

Still, I wouldn't pay 700€ for that guitar but it's not stupidly overpriced.Otherwise it's a pretty solid "budget" option. I think it's a better deal than an Alexi-200. The LTD Arrow-401 would be kinda close specwise and at a similar pricepoint.

I think a reverse headstock on a Rhoads looks awful, but it's a matter of taste. The FR Special is not the worst trem but not very good either. The trem arm socket is usually loose and it causes the trem arm to wobble. The sustain block is made of zinc or other crap like that. The good thing about FR Specials is that the parts are fully interchangeable with OFR/Schaller parts. Throw in a Schaller trem arm with the socket that comes with it to fix the wobbliness. The SD Blackouts are pretty solid pickups though.

Still, I wouldn't pay 700€ for that guitar but it's not stupidly overpriced.Otherwise it's a pretty solid "budget" option. I think it's a better deal than an Alexi-200. The LTD Arrow-401 would be kinda close specwise and at a similar pricepoint.

I've manager to fix the wobbliness of my trem arm on my Schecter by using teflon tape. I just don't want to remove it anymore :p

I think a reverse headstock on a Rhoads looks awful, but it's a matter of taste.

You're not alone on this. I'm usually not a big fan of reverse headstocks in general, but man it looks god awful on the Rhoads. It just looks wrong to me. Like someone took a goose and broke it's neck or something. I like that they have some form of RR24's at Jackson right now, but the stupid paint jobs and reverse headstocks need to go. Give me a simple, no non-sense, single pup RR24 again, please and thanks.

I was just toying with the idea of getting one because I it looks great despite the reverse headstock which bothers me not that much, tbh. Still prefer the normal headstock. But I have my RR24 and a JS35 RR for "reserve" so I don't really need another guitar, also coming new would probably mean that I'll be afraid of accidentally causing dents on it. Maybe I should stick to my plan of hunting for an RR24M WBB.

We are all glad, I think. Hopefully this 'Laiho died so we should sell every V-shaped guitar overpriced' trend will ease with time.
1-3 years ago I have seen many white RR24s for sale in EU (even the mighty Joonas would has sold his guitar to me) of course I couldn't afford one. Now, when I'm doing better nothing's around or overpriced. :bah:

He tagged esp guitars in it too, says he was asked to make them, esp commission maybe? I think there is something here