The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

A little OT: Has any of you observed the prices of graphics cards in the last few weeks? This is what I call ridiculous. I wanted an RTX 3070 and had 2 cards in front of me in December for 560 and 570€. Since the RRP was 490€, I thought it would come down in price again. I'd rather wait another 2-3 weeks (that's my thought).... Yep, now one card doesn't cost 490€, but 1,490€. ^^

Reactions: T3h_Killjoy
A little OT: Has any of you observed the prices of graphics cards in the last few weeks? This is what I call ridiculous. I wanted an RTX 3070 and had 2 cards in front of me in December for 560 and 570€. Since the RRP was 490€, I thought it would come down in price again. I'd rather wait another 2-3 weeks (that's my thought).... Yep, now one card doesn't cost 490€, but 1,490€. ^^

Yup shit is wack yo, even 2000 series cards are impossible to find. Was lucky to score a 3070 from a friend :tickled:

Yeah, I was lucky enough to busy a new PC before this madhouse a few days ago I checked on the prices and my midrange VGA (RX 570 8GB) I bought with the PC has run out of stocks also last known price was double the original (that I have bought for)....

GPU prices are even dumber than the prices on RR/Alexi model guitars at the moment. Luckily I mostly play CSGO and other older titles that run on crappier GPU's like my GTX 1070. Thanks a lot bitcoin miners. -_-

Any Pink Sawtooth or Greeny owners here?

I need a detailed pic of the COBHC logo. I couldn't find a good one and I think that the logo is best visible with most details on the back of one of those guitars.

Edit: Got on

Last edited:
Any Pink Sawtooth or Greeny owners here?

I need a detailed pic of the COBHC logo. I couldn't find a good one and I think that the logo is best visible with most details on the back of one of those guitars.

Edit: Got on
I have the greeny, I can maybe snap a pic when I get home from work unless someone beats me to it

Almost. Can you make one that is photographed directly from above? In your case, the angle is from below. I need one that is not distorted

Is that an Edwards or ESP?

I thought both guitars looked the same, but in the FB BAM group someone posted a picture of his Greeny, where the lettering gets bigger towards the end....

Attachments

• 159403579_3466954010077643_1391231803949434491_n.jpeg
    159403579_3466954010077643_1391231803949434491_n.jpeg
    61.7 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: MaximHateCrew
Hope he chips in. My worries is whether it picks up more noise from the cable, and if the inductance from the cable + the resistance to ground can somehow count as a tone filter.

Regarding putting the JE-1000 clone in an external enclosure/pedal : It does work and is not very noisy to my ears but I need to do some more testing with it. Unfortunately I'm not very knowledgeable about electronics, but it's very possible to remove and bypass the JE-1000 volume pot (Although that may change the sound slightly as well). l'll record some test clips tonight so you guys can check it out.

I bought a Jackson J50B (alnico 5) for dirt cheap with the intent on doing some magnet swapping and throwing a ceramic in there, so maybe I'll do that tonight as well.

Almost. Can you make one that is photographed directly from above? In your case, the angle is from below. I need one that is not distorted

Is that an Edwards or ESP?

I thought both guitars looked the same, but in the FB BAM group someone posted a picture of his Greeny, where the lettering gets bigger towards the end....
Ltd 600

Attachments

• 2BA6E1F3-41E9-4D31-BD90-C1D0E9B32797.jpeg
    2BA6E1F3-41E9-4D31-BD90-C1D0E9B32797.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 21
Got my J50B installed on my cheap RR. Still considering swapping the magnet for fun but there's a ton and I mean a ton of wax encasing the current magnet and I don't want to break the coil wire accidently by forcing it out. I started making humbuckers last year during our lock down so I feel pretty confident I can do it.

Attachments

• jsrr.jpg
    jsrr.jpg
    415.2 KB · Views: 23

For those interested , here's a clip of the JE-1000 outside of the guitar with my Friedman Runt. I basically added another 1/4 jack to the circuit where the pickup hot and ground would normally connect, and switched it around a bit so the stereo jack used to engage the 9V is on the input rather than the output. There's only a little bit of interference but it's not properly shielded in real pedal enclosure right now. It definitely works well.

Anyone know the timeline for alexi with Seymour Duncan?

Attachments

• 2C1F7764-5788-40FE-A48A-6212792FCAB1.jpeg
    2C1F7764-5788-40FE-A48A-6212792FCAB1.jpeg
    154.7 KB · Views: 17
It wasn't very long. Like 06 or 07 to maybe 2010 at the latest.

Also, what's the difference between the J50B and the J50BC? Is it literally just that one is ceramic? I'm not sure how much of a difference that makes, but I was debating on getting another one of these recently since I lost my old one somewhere along the line while moving.

Reactions: MattK