The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

So the LTD model is $1600 and doesn’t even have the gain boost or a real Floyd. I also don’t like all the chrome hardware, would look a lot better in black. Pretty disappointed about that.

Reactions: MaximHateCrew
It's the 2 purple models so far in LTD, E2, ESP, and custom shop variants. No announcement as to whether they're doing re releases just yet. If anyone is curious they have pics and pre orders up on Axe Palace and Chondro guitars
I'm getting the LTD Ripper one for sure. I'm pleasantly surprised about these new models. I've had almost every Alexi-600 model already so I was hoping they would not announce some re-release of older models.

Also, I too dislike the IWC guitar but if they had done like a black one with just the reaper graphic from SW, HB, FTR or HCDR album cover and maybe matching coloured pinstripes they would have probably looked better than the IWC abomination. Kinda like Alexander's HCDR-guitar.

Hello Everyone,

First, it's my first message here, I never posted, but actively reading since Scythe of Bodom was out.

I follow particulary the thread topic.

On this video Alexi explain the white ESP Scythe was broken during a festival
Is anyone know which guitar he's talking about ?

In my opinion it seem he's refering to the one with the paint stripped out of the neck

If someone know which Scythe he used trough the year it would be nice

bye

Hello Everyone,

First, it's my first message here, I never posted, but actively reading since Scythe of Bodom was out.

I follow particulary the thread topic.

On this video Alexi explain the white ESP Scythe was broken during a festival
Is anyone know which guitar he's talking about ?

In my opinion it seem he's refering to the one with the paint stripped out of the neck

If someone know which Scythe he used trough the year it would be nice

bye

Nah it's not that one. His first Scythe model didn't have his signature on the headstock and the one with the sanded neck does. It was probably the one he could be seen playing at Tuska 2003, Wacken 2004, Stockholm Knokcout 2006 etc.

Reactions: Zman
Nah it's not that one. His first Scythe model didn't have his signature on the headstock and the one with the sanded neck does. It was probably the one he could be seen playing at Tuska 2003, Wacken 2004, Stockholm Knokcout 2006 etc.

Yepp, exactly. We've already talked about this and indeed notice d that the Scythe 'missing' his signature on the early ESP days

Wish esp would go into why alexi wanted to include a neck pup suddenly. I do like the hexed model more (maybe that’s why), but I do like single coil neck pickups since I love strats.

I’d maybe get the hexed one but I would have to put all black hardware on it since the chrome bothers me .. I know it’s super nitpicky

" New for 2021: Alexi Laiho Signature Series - Five New Guitar Models Available from ESP, E-II and LTD
At the end of 2020, which had already been a challenging year for everyone, we received the news that ESP signature artist Alexi Laiho had passed away. This was a terrible blow to many of us at ESP who had grown to become personal friends with this thoughtful, kind, loyal, and incredibly talented guitarist whose impact on modern metal cannot be overstated. Alexi first joined the ESP artist roster in 2002 as an outstanding up-and-coming musician, and by 2006, we’d introduced our first Alexi Laiho Signature Series guitars.
Over the year previous to his death, we’d been working closely with Alexi on the creation of the first new models to add to his Signature Series in more than seven years. Alexi was very excited about these new guitars, which he helped design in conjunction with ESP, and he’d already begun using his new ESP Custom Shop models in recording and live shows with his band Bodom After Midnight. It was very important to him that we also offer these new models in our LTD Signature Series, providing a more affordable option for guitarists and fans all over the world.
Alexi’s prominence as one of the most important figures in guitar playing continues with these five new additions to his Signature Series. These new models are all guitars that both honor Alexi Laiho’s legacy and allow his tremendous musical influence to continue on players of today and tomorrow.
These new guitars are immediately available for preorders. See more in the Musamaailma webshop:
https://www.musamaailma.fi/en/kitar...Jl88SS2ikiwNbo-qFvdlTjj8pG_hr2eD9O7Olzgh-pNis "

241069309_307798034479583_4208146667412773227_n.jpg

241466393_307798124479574_5072850158155922107_n.jpg

241065946_307798037812916_2378899051813029257_n.jpg

241419827_307798004479586_2895933715510096598_n.jpg

Hexed guitar at your service. ;)

Reactions: COB-666
It's probably as close as you can get with that gear. But nothing accurately achieves Alexi's tone except the lee jackson preamp, imo.

Hey guys!

What do you think of this: https://www.thomann.de/hu/jackson_js32_mah_rhoads_natural.htm ?

I'm really a fan of this finish with the gold hardware. However, I tried the BWB version of it at a guitar centre near me and it did not impress me, (probably should not compare to a more high-end product like an RR24:D...) the neck with this Amaranth fretboard was an interesting wood to touch, I would prefer something different tbh (Also the guitar was freshly taken out from it's cardboard box in front of me. Maybe, that was also a problem)
Btw, interestingly I like the pickguard on the MAH version it adds to the look. I generally dislike pickguards on RRs, such as the BWB I only tried it because I like the idea of the white bevels so if I ever buy one I would definitely change the white pg to black or something.

Also, that +30€ extra bugs me, a bit.

Hey guys!

What do you think of this: https://www.thomann.de/hu/jackson_js32_mah_rhoads_natural.htm ?

I'm really a fan of this finish with the gold hardware. However, I tried the BWB version of it at a guitar centre near me and it did not impress me, (probably should not compare to a more high-end product like an RR24:D...) the neck with this Amaranth fretboard was an interesting wood to touch, I would prefer something different tbh (Also the guitar was freshly taken out from it's cardboard box in front of me. Maybe, that was also a problem)
Btw, interestingly I like the pickguard on the MAH version it adds to the look. I generally dislike pickguards on RRs, such as the BWB I only tried it because I like the idea of the white bevels so if I ever buy one I would definitely change the white pg to black or something.

Also, that +30€ extra bugs me, a bit.
Jackson’s always have felt cheap to me, especially that is like their low end series. I’d save up and get something better if possible..