the chocolate/sweets appreciation thread

I don't think I have ever tried the chocolate oranges from the drug stores or the grocery stores. I always get them from gourmet chocolate shops or from gift shops, whenever I make gift baskets for anyone.
I love the mix between the sweetness of the orange, with the somewhat bitter dark chocolate and the bitter skin of the orange. It's delicious.

I have always wanted to try one of those chocolate oranges. For whatever reason I always forget about them while I'm at the drug store.

There used to be a magruders grocery store up at the hilltop plaza. They had a decent, but cheap gourmet coffee line. One of the favorites was this orange coffee, where they had put the dried orange peel in with the beans. I started doing that myself whenever we had oranges around and it was the same thing. If you have an orange with a decent enough peel on it you can shave away the waxy part and dry it slowly in a low heated oven. Although you gotta make darn sure there is none of that white membrane left on the peel. That makes it bitter as hell. That coffee is to die for!

KRUIDENOTEN!!!
Kruidnoten.jpg

or even better
CHOCOLADE KRUIDENOTEN!!! :D
kruidnotenchoc.jpg

i remember eating pretty much the whole thing instantly when i got one for xmas a few yrs ago. i remember liking it a lot. i guess i'm just too confounded by the concept at present to venture back into that territory