the chocolate/sweets appreciation thread

I'm thinking it would work just as well with alternating squares of dark and milk chocolate, though not quite the classic chessboard look.

Even better if the pieces were filled a la Godivas

the chessboard itself would be easy, just use chocolate fudge and something like maple fudge or peanut butter fudge, for the contrasting color. mmmmmmm FUDDDDDDGE

chili.jpg

standard

Soooo good.....:)

I like almond roca and Lindor truffles.

Yes. Also, Cadbury eggs. I had some tasty bourbon balls not too long ago, I should learn how to make those.

I'm not a big fan of fudge. I like chocolate and maple fudge in small quantities. I HATE HATE HATE chocolate covered cherries and mint and chocolate together.

I'd never seen those before, but I was browsing the candy today at Fry's and I saw some of those toffifees.

However I wanted ice cream so I went to sonic.

This is where I'd tell my story about said trip to Sonic, but Cara did it first so I get to sard

So the Derick and I went completely out of our way today to visit the newest Sonic in town. We pulled in, and Derick stated clearly over the intercom that we needed a vanilla cone and a hot fudge malt. This Mexican girl taking the order goes "Ok so you need a hot fudge and a vanilla cone?" Then Derick repeats that we need a hot fudge MALT. Then she starts jibbering about how she is having difficulties and asks for us to pull forward. Pull forward? We weren't in the drive-thru, we were in one of the drive-in spots. She then realized that, then goes "Ok so you have a vanilla cone and a hot fudge sundae." Again, Derick repeats that we need a hot fudge MALT.

At that point she asks us to hold on, and then a dude gets on the intercom to ask us what we're needing. Again Derick clearly states that we need a hot fudge malt, and this guy proceeds to tell us that they offer no such thing! Derick explains that it is on the menu, so the guy comes out to our car to look at the menu. Derick points it out and the guy goes "Oh! A hot fudge malt! We thought you said a hot fudge bowl!"....wtf??!?

As soon as the guy walks off Derick mumbles "Stupid Mexicans" and then we realize that the intercom light is still on, so the girl probably heard. I continued complaining until the light went off

It was a great malt though

I love it all. White chocolate, dark chocolate, milk chocolate, fudge, It's all good, just gimme. I really love chocolate covered pretzels.

I used to love marzipan when I was a kid, but for what ever reason haven't had it since.
The only chocolate I think I never really got into, is chocolate cheesecake. It's either blah, or I just never had good chocolate cheese cake.

You just reminded me of those candy, gum drop like orange slices that are dipped in chocolate. I really love those!
not the same things but:

chocoorange_1202.jpg

i remember loving things for like 2 months when i was 14. i got one in my stocking for xmas. they have them at cvs as a seasonal thing but the idea of eating one now isn't terribly appealing.

i remember last year it was like a trial thing - hershey chocolate bars with mocha-flavored almonds. omg!! *drools*

Over the past few weeks I've been looking everywhere for those oranges, and I finally found some at CVS recently, but now I might as well wait until christmas to eat one.

I got some real orange slices covered in chocolate for a recent christmas, but those things are gay and lying.

yum chocolate oranges! i've had a raspberry chocolate orange as well as a lime chocolate orange, which were also quite tasty :headbang: