The CoB clan thread !

FearTheReaper said:
hey did you see shadows fall at the ballroom in july? if you did i was front center like one foot from the stage

dude! I was there. Jason Bittner threw a drum head into the crowd and I caught it! I got it signed by all the members. It was so kickass. I was close to the front. I was right behind the crowd at the front. I more toward the side where Matt was standing, though. I was pissed that there was no pit, and that I got randomly roundhouse kicked by someone out of nowhere.

i know dude me too, i got thrashed by fat dudes. i was front center,headbanging my ass off.I sang in the mic for the light that blinds. Dude i got their at 4 30 so i was as close as possible. Fuckin they played Ghost of past Failures,i shit my pants. My friend just said he saw you get the stick cuz he almost got it,hey do you play guitar or something dude?

Yeah, there were huge dudes there. But, people were doing that lame shit, like kicking and punching and stuff, retarded. I looked for the real pits. Anyway, I was anticipating Thoughts Without Words and The Idiot Box.

Yes, I do play guitar. Why do you ask?

FearTheReaper said:
oh cuz i figured donais would be a big influence on you, you live near buffalo,and i need a band(i'm a vocalist) But thats very ackward

Yeah, I just wrote a solo lead. I started messing around with the Melodic Minor scale (if that means anything to you) and I really like it. It's the backing to one of the COB jam tracks on YouTube.

Actually...the beginning of the solo I wrote is actaully inspired from the solo from Inspiration on Demand. I can't record anything cause I can't find my mics, so I have to tab them out.

I don't know if you have Guitar Pro, but here's the file

http://www.wtfbench.com/PTR-Improv.gp5

Sure. What type of music do you have in mind? Lamb of God, Shadows Fall and COB are my biggest influences. SF and COB more fore lead, though...LOG's thrash riffs are awesome.

dude your my messiah. The music i would have in mind would be like super complex metalcore influenced by gothenburg and Bodom,Kalmah, & Norther. I write extremely good lyrics(not being pretenious) which are usually about personnal struggle,society,hatred and sorrow( NOT EMO). My vocals are influenced by randy blythe,mikeal stanne,anders frieden,T.J. Miller,and Howard jones so put that all together and you get me

Yeah, I just started writing stuff lately. I just wrote out a riff, but it's basically a BootScraper ripoff :(

Oh yeah, send me some lyrics. Also....well, I don't really live in Buffalo, exactly. I live in Lockport. I used to live in Tonawanda, and lockport is really gay, so I think by the end of the summer I'll be moving back to Tonawanda.

FearTheReaper said:
dude your my messiah. The music i would have in mind would be like super complex metalcore influenced by gothenburg and Bodom,Kalmah, & Norther. I write extremely good lyrics(not being pretenious) which are usually about personnal struggle,society,hatred and sorrow( NOT EMO). My vocals are influenced by randy blythe,mikeal stanne,anders frieden,T.J. Miller,and Howard jones so put that all together and you get me

I'm interested in this. Send some of your lyrics my way as well, because I too am a lyricist (as well as a writer/journalist in general) and I like to see the work of fellows. My vocals are influenced by Gollum (lol), Mikael Akerfeldt and Alexi Laiho (from the first 3 albums).