The concerts thread

If I get deeper into Katatonia beyond DoDS I might consider attending that at the Worcester date....since I already know all of Opeth's discog.

The First Day of the Las Vegas Death Fest was awesome. A lot of Italian Metal bands played. Exhumer, Vulvectomy, and Mordus Delecti all played good sets. Vulvectomy played along to a recorded drum track which became a little annoying after a few songs. Highlights of the show for me were the performances by Dysentery and To Violently Vomit.

Difficult to say which one was my favourite concert, but I think it was Sonata Arctica, for my first time, on March 8th 2011 and Grave Digger on April 3rd 2011. I was particularly happy to finally meet the Grave Digger guitarist, my friend Axel Ritt :D

On November 26th 2011, I'm going to the Metal Forces Festival in Germany where will be Tokyo Blade (with their new singer who is also the Domain singer), Desaster, Insolitude, Witchfynde, Vanderbuyst and Hands Of Orlac :headbang:

Going to see the Scorpions in a couple of weeks. Last old-school rock/metal band i've seen was Accept, and what thell, they RIPPED live. Not a big time of old-school rock/metal, but I definitely won't be missing the Scorps.

Oh, I've seen the Scorpions a few days ago, the show was much better than I expected. If you stay near the stage you might even catch a drum stick (since they throw a lot).

I just found out that some shitty racist grindcore band Vaginal Jesus got the Archgoat gig canceled :bah:

edit: I think I'm going to that Enslaved/Alcest show since it's on a Sunday. I missed Enslaved's headlining tour a few years ago and they didn't play any black metal when I saw them with Opeth

I just found out that some shitty racist grindcore band Vaginal Jesus got the Archgoat gig canceled :bah:
More like people with nothing better to do than complain to the club that got the show shut down.

Hello To All,

It gives me no bit of joy to announce that I now have to cancel RODAEIV that was scheduled for Saturday August 13th @ Dingbatz in Clifton, NJ.

Here are the reasons why...

When I intially put this bill together, I was told that I had total support from the club and through the person I booked it through. About 4 weeks ago, I was called by my contact at Dingbatz that stated that there had been complaints sent to the club owner by several sources stating that the band VAGINAL JESUS was in a direct conflict of interest in what the club was trying to provide as far as live entertainment.

My contact suggested that I take them off of the bill as to avoid any negative response from the owner and or the "sources" that sought to deride this event. I humbly obliged , as you all know, and promptly removed VJ from the flyer as to not disturb the remainder of the event. No harm, no foul.

About 5 days ago, when I attempted to contact my booker at Dingbatz to confirm the door times, sound checks etc. , I was met with no response. I then contacted another person that Ive booked shows with to ask of the whereabouts of my contact and was told via text that "Didnt I know that My show had been cancelled?" I quickly responded with a surprised and upsetting "No, I had no clue my show had been cancelled. Care to tell me why?" The person then told me through text (not a phone call) that the owner had been still receiving flack from these "unknown and unnamed sources" about the initial booking of VJ and that he & the venue didnt want to be associated with my event.

I was and still am understandably infuriated about this but instead of band mouthing the club or its handlers (all of whom Ive had a working relationship with since 1998), I set about finding a suitable venue replacement in and around NJ/NYC. I enlisted the help of two trusted friends and as of today, I still havent received confirmation on a venue and probably wont at this late juncture into the Summer show season. 98% of venues are booked into September. I will now have to go about the arduous task of refunding several hundred dollars in pre-sale tickets, cancel the shirts and hoodies that I was having printed for the event and REASSURE to you, my artists and friends, that I have done everything in my power to see this through and let the show go on.

I do apologize sincerely to all of you and to ALL of the fans that were looking forward to this event all year. This is completely out of my hands as K.E.P Productions is also out several thousand dollars in plane tickets (non refundable) alone, in order to get its artists to this monumentous event. If any of you are able to fulfill a performance later this year, please let me know asap so that I can begin the process of finding a suitable venue that ALLOWS artists to express themselves onstage, no matter what.

Many or all of you know that I lost a dear friend and mentor this week as well (Seth Putnam) and I truly wanted this show to go on in his honour, but the powers that be have put a stop to that...for now. It is very important that you also know that myself and K.E.P Productions have ALWAYS worked very hard to provide the best in Underground Entertainment since 1994 and will continue to do so because this is what we love to do. We arent commercialized or trendy and we intend to keep it that way. I have enjoyed working with all of you in the past and look forward to doing so in the future as well.

On a lighter note, K.E.P Productions has partnered up with Signature Riff and plan to bring the first outdoor Underground Metal event (SWAMPLAND MASSACRE I) to NJ next Summer. If any of you would like to perform at said event, feel free to contact me here, as we will begin booking this Fall.

Once again, my humblest apologies to both my artists, friends and patrons and I thank you all for your support since 1994. This cancellation represents the FIRST time we have had to do this and we WILL NOT let it happen again. I will be investing in MY OWN live venue next year. Feel free to post this statement to any and all you feel it may concern.

Ave,

K.E.P
http://www.facebook.com/notes/kep-p...sk-of-kep-rodaeiv-cancellation/22417415760147

Children of Bodom and Devin Townsend on Friday. Still haven't bought tickets. Not really anyone reliable to drive me. I had hoped to be able to drive myself, but I failed to yield to pedestrians and thus failed my driving test 8).

Shpongle tonight in LA...Should be a trip...

Oh man I'm jealous. I was gonna hit up that show when it came to Albany but didn't feel like going it alone... I figure I'll get a chance to catch 'em in New York City with my crew and actually enjoy myself instead.

T-Minus 4 days until Sleep/Winter/White Hills at Terminal 5! :hotjump: Sleep: Exciting. Terminal 5: Not exciting.

Did you make it Srontgorrth?

Solitude Aeturnus was outstanding, as were Hooded Menance and Stone Axe. Stone Axe sounded a lot like AC/DC. Iron Man had a personnel problem with their drummer right before going on, but they still sounded good with the drummer that they drafted. The first show that I have actually seen a musician for one of the bands get bounced from the bar.:confused: I also enjoyed the performances by Meth Leppard, White Witch Canyon and ...Of the Horizon.

Las Vegas Death Fest is next Friday and Saturday.

I;m afraid not, but fortunately I have had the chance to see Solitude Aeturnus before, and it was awesome. Really wish I could have seen Hooded Menace, though.

Flan, Shpongle came to Albany!?!?!??!!??!?!?!?!?!?! That's my hometown and the live music scene there seems so awful since Saratoga Winners burned down. I hate it.

I'm moving back in 6 weeks. Please advise re: live music.

Flan, Shpongle came to Albany!?!?!??!!??!?!?!?!?!?! That's my hometown and the live music scene there seems so awful since Saratoga Winners burned down. I hate it.

I'm moving back in 6 weeks. Please advise re: live music.

I've only been here for a few years, and only "on and off" between boarding school and now SUNY New Paltz, but between Valentine's, Bogies, and Northern Lights in Clifton Park there seem to be some good shows few and far between. Troy just opened up a new venue, I think, too, but I haven't heard much about it. The best shows we've gotten in the last few years were Jucifer, Clutch playing all of their Self Titled album, Weedeater/Melvins/Down, and the Rosetta show at Bogie's that got double-fisted by the White Power Hardcore fest and a blown speaker cab... At Northern Lights lately, they got Shpongle, Leftover Crack, and I think one or two other shows I thought about going to. OH! And the weekend before thanksgiving last year, Batillus came with a pretty HUGE sludge line up, then Naam and La Otracina were here the next night, so that was an awesome weekend for doom... That I couldn't be around for.

I dunno, in general it seems like there's a decent local hardcore/powerviolence scene, but in terms of good touring bands you really gotta be fastidious about checking up on it and pray. There's no good way to find out who's playing where when and most of the venues are shit about their websites. Honestly, I'd rather just MegaBus to the city for a show anyway.

Edit: Oh, and I'll caution this whole thing by saying that my music tastes don't seem particularly compatible with too many people who post here in terms of what I look for in shows, but then again I haven't been around very long and I could be way off.

Thanks for that Flan. I'll see what's on! Never been to Bogie's, I'm sort of (er, extremely) turned off by the macho hardcore thing but I'll see what's up.

Thanks for that Flan. I'll see what's on! Never been to Bogie's, I'm sort of (er, extremely) turned off by the macho hardcore thing but I'll see what's up.

Bogie's is mostly a hardcore venue, and my only experience there has been pretty meh... But they just had Corrosion of Conformity there, Masakari a few weeks back, Black Breath, and Weekend Nachos, and I guess Malevolent Creation played there... IDK it's 95% hardcore, 4% Metallica and Judas Priest cover bands, and 1% interesting touring bands.

Will be seeing Judas Priest and Whitesnake next week.

As for the rest of my summer, maybe Rockin Transsylvania or Artmania with Helloween and Nevermore in the line up.

Also a very interesting fest called Dark Bombastic Evening with Alcest, Dordeduh, Les discretes, Rome, Draconian, Vulture Industries etc

OST Mountainfest too maybe, (since they have Keep of Kalessin, Fen, Negura Bunget, Din Brad and Dornenreich)