The concerts thread

They're playing at the Starland? I'm not familiar with their material very well, but I'll definitely go.

That NJ Carcass show is on a weeknight and I don't get out of work until 8:00 so I'll hopefully I'll be able to cut out early if I don't take my lunch or something like that.

Impaled/Phobia/Malignancy will be in Allentown PA in September and Overkill at Starland in October. I'll be at these shows too.

I'll be at the Overkill/Toxic Holocaust show too. I might be going to the Attacker/Sacred Oath/Steel Assassin/Faith Factor show at Dingbatz in Clifton on Oct 4th as well.

I'll be at the Overkill/Toxic Holocaust show too. I might be going to the Attacker/Sacred Oath/Steel Assassin/Faith Factor show at Dingbatz in Clifton on Oct 4th as well.

Hopefully Toxic Holocaust will be better than when I saw them. They were all so drunk (mainly Joel who could barely stand) that they couldn't play their songs without starting over 3-4 times (and even then they were barely playing them). It was totally awful, I've never seen any band perform this badly in my life.

Went to the bustling metropolis of Crawfordsville IN last night to witness the great USBM band Hordes Of Nebullah. That show owned. Next up is Sept 1 to see UK punk legends GBH in indy that shit is gonna rule.

Hopefully Toxic Holocaust will be better than when I saw them. They were all so drunk (mainly Joel who could barely stand) that they couldn't play their songs without starting over 3-4 times (and even then they were barely playing them). It was totally awful, I've never seen any band perform this badly in my life.

I've heard this a few times about Toxic Holocaust so I'm a bit skeptical about watching them. They are one of those bands I'd imagine sounding better live but if they can't pull it together in that setting then I don't know if I should waste my time.

Did anyone else see At the Gates on their recent tour with Municipal Waste/Darkest Hour/Repulsion? It was badass.

Shows I plan to see:

Aug. 24: Impaled/Phobia/Malignancy/Gravehill/Illogicist, Knitting Factory in Hollywood (I'm mostly seeing this for Gravehill, whom I recommend to all old school death fans)

Sept. 18: Carcass/Suffocation/1349/Aborted/Rotten Sound, House of Blues Sunset Strip (just added to the touring lineup!)

Sept. 19: Children of Bodom/Between the Buried and Me, Wiltern in Los Angeles (been waiting years for this show!)

You have transportation covered if you need my assistance.

thanks, man.
but it's more about my desire to go weighed against ticket prices, the pain-in-the-ass level of going to worcester and back, and the compulsive need to purchase merchandise.

hatebreeder, I don't see the coming Amon Amarth/Einsiferum/Belphegor/The Abscence tour on there. This is clearly an error and I suggest you fix it.

Hell, I have no excuse; they're playing at the Avalon in Hollywood (which I've been to before) and the Anaheim House of Blues, both of which are within a reasonable distance.
then go.

DON'T go to MDF or DON'T bring much extra money if you do. Alternatively, make sure we don't let you go near the merch area. You will probably just kill yourself.
I would bring a shitload of cash and leave happy, weighed down with disturbing amounts of merch.

Seriously, for something like MDF I'd plan on a couple hundred for merchandise easy.

Iced Earth with Into Eternity

September 21 – Harpos. Detroit, Michigan*
September 22 – Phoenix Concert Theatre. Toronto, Ontario, Canada
September 23 – Le Medley. Montreal, Quebec, Canada
September 24 – Trocadero. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania*
September 25 – 9:30 Club. Washington, D.C.*
September 26 – Amos’ Southbend. Charlotte, North Carolina*
September 27 – Center Stage. ProgPower USA IX. Atlanta** (SOLD OUT)
September 28 – House of Blues (Orlando). Lake Buena Vista, Florida*
September 29 – The Orange Peel. Asheville, North Carolina*
September 30 – House of Blues. Cleveland, Ohio*
October 14 – The Norva. Norfolk, Virginia*
October 15 – The Palladium. Worchester, Massachusetts*
October 16 – Nokia Theater. New York, New York*
October 22 – Hawthrone Theater. Portland, Oregon*
October 23 – Regency Center@ The Grand Ballroom. San Francisco, California*
October 24 – The Avalon. Los Angeles, California*