The concerts thread

They're definitely going to be there. People just don't know who's going to be replacing Blasphemer, since he has left the band.

Well sadly for me it looks like I won't be going to the Carcass tour. I waited too long to get tickets and now it's too late. The past week has been so hectic for me with moving in and setting up the house that, I didn't get a chance to get tickets. It's probably for the best though because I still have a lot on my plate and classes start the day of the concert. Gotta focus on the practicalities of life sometimes but it's still a bummer.

Holy shit last night was incredible.

I got there just in time to see 1349 and they played everything I wanted them to, including "Sculptor of Flesh", "To Rottendom" and "Nathicana", the latter of which was worth the price of the whole ticket. I met one of the band members later on because he was selling their own merch. I complimented him on the performance, shook his hand, and he gave me a free sticker. And 40 bucks for a band hoodie is a great deal.

Dying Fetus, while I'm not at all familiar with their material, played an awesome set.

Necrophagist. Meh

SUFFFOCATION. Once again they delivered one of the better live experiences anyone should expect from Frank Mullen. How the hell does he make his hand spasm like that? Their set went something like:

Pierced From Within
Abomination Reborn
Liege of Inveracity
Brood of Hatred
new song
Blind Torture Kill
Breeding the Spawn

CARCASS was, well, CARCASS! They sounded great, and loud as fuck. Their set was pretty Heartwork-biased but that's not a bad thing, their set included:

Inpropagation
Buried Dreams
Corporal Jigsore Quandary
Carnal Forge
No Love Lost
Incarnated Solvent Abuse
Genital Grinder
more old stuff
This Mortal Coil
Keep on Rotting in the Free World
something off of Tools of the Trade
Heartwork
more old stuff

They had a video projector showing autopsy videos and the like while they played.

Did Ken Owen come out for a few minutes at the show you went to? He played at the NY show and I got a little misty eyed.

And you gotta love the Frank Mullen hand spasms. So awesome!

Went to the Nifelheim/The Chasm/Nachtmystium/Superchrist show tonight. Apparently it's the only US show Nifelheim is doing.

Superchrist is Motorhead worship, but entertaining enough. I knew the guys, so I wanted to get there in time to see them.

Nachtmystium did not have a good sound. I couldn't even tell what song they were playing half the time.

The Chasm was cool. They played TROOOO METAL OF DEAAATTHHHH as their frontman said. I enjoyed the live performance more than I do their albums. They played some new songs, which were apparently unfinished, since none of them had any lyrics yet. Should satisfy fans. No dramatic change in style.

I wasn't really familiar with Nifelheim. They had a good sound going. Didn't play that long of a set. Interestingly, they ended the following way, after one encore song.

"Do you want some more?!"
(Cheers.)
(Cheers.)
"Fuck off!!"
(Band leaves the stage.)

I wasn't really familiar with Nifelheim. They had a good sound going. Didn't play that long of a set. Interestingly, they ended the following way, after one encore song.

(Cheers.)
(Cheers.)
"Fuck off!!"
(Band leaves the stage.)

From what I've heard about them, this is the classic Nifelheim attitude.

Holy shit last night was incredible.

I got there just in time to see 1349 and they played everything I wanted them to, including "Sculptor of Flesh", "To Rottendom" and "Nathicana", the latter of which was worth the price of the whole ticket. I met one of the band members later on because he was selling their own merch. I complimented him on the performance, shook his hand, and he gave me a free sticker. And 40 bucks for a band hoodie is a great deal.

Dying Fetus, while I'm not at all familiar with their material, played an awesome set.

Necrophagist. Meh

SUFFFOCATION. Once again they delivered one of the better live experiences anyone should expect from Frank Mullen. How the hell does he make his hand spasm like that? Their set went something like:

Pierced From Within
Abomination Reborn
Liege of Inveracity
Brood of Hatred
new song
Blind Torture Kill
Breeding the Spawn

CARCASS was, well, CARCASS! They sounded great, and loud as fuck. Their set was pretty Heartwork-biased but that's not a bad thing, their set included:

Inpropagation
Buried Dreams
Corporal Jigsore Quandary
Carnal Forge
No Love Lost
Incarnated Solvent Abuse
Genital Grinder
more old stuff
This Mortal Coil
Keep on Rotting in the Free World
something off of Tools of the Trade
Heartwork
more old stuff

They had a video projector showing autopsy videos and the like while they played.

Where did you see this show? Dying fetus played?

Anyway, I just came back from seeing the Montreal date.

Rotten Sound started the show with a pretty bad and forgettable performance. Their music is rather unimpressive and they had technical problems that resulted in 1 complete song without guitar.

Aborted were next. They were alright. Not great but definitely an improvement. I'm not really familiar with their material except for a song they played off Gormageddon...

1349 were pretty average/bad. I barely remember them right now.

Suffocation were great as usual. Definitely one of my favorite band to see live. Too bad their set was that short. Easily the highlight of the night.

Carcass were pretty average as well. Way too many songs from their 2 last albums (which I don't really like at all) in my opnion...but it was sort of expected. Honestly I could have left after Suffocation and I wouldn't have missed much (as you can guess I'm not the biggest Carcass fan...).

So it was an alright night...but really nothing that special. Somewhat expensive for the level of fun I had. Oh well.