The concerts thread

i havent been to a concert in so long, I think im turning into a festival only guy...these tours all blow, they don't even bring good openers with shitty headliners anymore

Just ordered tickets for Dimmu Borgir @ Worcester and for Amon Amarth/Belphegor the next day, same place. Gonna be quite the weekend.

I'm going to Children of Bodom, The Black Dahlia Murder, and Between the Buried and Me friday in Columbus. Hopefully COB won't suck really bad, and possibly play old stuff. Has anyone gone to this tour, and can give me an idea of what to expect?

I'm going to Children of Bodom, The Black Dahlia Murder, and Between the Buried and Me friday in Columbus. Hopefully COB won't suck really bad, and possibly play old stuff. Has anyone gone to this tour, and can give me an idea of what to expect?

Here's the setlist:

Follow the Reaper
Smile Pretty for the Devil
Silent Night, Bodom Night
Living Dead Beat
Hellhounds on My Trail
Blooddrunk
Sixpounder
Angels Don't Kill
Children of Decadence
Chokehold (Cocked 'n' Loaded)
Hate Me!
Bed of Razors
In Your Face
Banned From Heaven
Hate Crew Deathroll
Everytime I Die
Downfall

And here's my review:

5th best concert so far

That was the most tiring concert I have ever been to. All the girls started screaming when everyone started pushing at the beginning of BTBAM's set. lol

They were good but I wish they would of played Ants of the Sky. I'm not a huge fan but I love that song.

The Black Dahlia Murder was amazing.

I was in the back for Children of Bodom by the sound board then in between 2 songs I ran through the pit and somehow made my way to the front and got 2nd row right in front of Alexi. The sound was good, you could hear the keys, solos, and Alexi wasn't drunk (pretty sure). The setlist was pretty awesome.....it was nice to hear Children of Decadence, Follow the Reaper, Hate Crew Death Roll, Chokehold, and Bed of Razors......plus Downfall is always good. I have NEVER sat down at a concert in my life but I was about to pass out so when COB only had 2 songs left, I had to sit down. That was a crazy and fun night. :kickass:

Know where Woostah Pizza is? That's my rendez-vous point for these shows. Especially since they don't serve food in the venue.
Sure. Don't know where it is, but I can find out.

Hopefully seeing Amon Amarth, Ensiferum, Belphegor and The Absence in Worcerster.
Meet us?

Just ordered tickets for Dimmu Borgir @ Worcester and for Amon Amarth/Belphegor the next day, same place. Gonna be quite the weekend.
Nice.
If you're gonna be in Boston I can show you In Your Ear btw.

Seen AA three times, can't wait to see Behphegor! Bondage Goat Zombie finally "clicked" with me. I'm sure the title track will slay in a live setting.
AA fucking crush. I've listened to some Belphegor in preparation, I dug the stuff before Bondage Goat Zombie but I bet it'll all be good live.

KREATOR with EXODUS, BELPHEGOR, WARBRINGER and EPICUREAN:

Apr. 07 - Sonar - Baltimore MD
Apr. 08 - Nokia Theatre – New York NY
Apr. 09 - Trocadero - Philadelphia PA
Apr. 10 - Palladium - Worcester MA
Apr. 11 - Medley - Montreal QUE
Apr. 13 - Imperial - Quebec QUE
Apr. 14 - Opera House - Toronto ONT
Apr. 15 - Peabody's - Cleveland OH
Apr. 16 - Rave - Millwaukee WI
Apr. 17 - House Of Blues - Chicago IL
Apr. 18 - The Rock - Maplewood MN
Apr. 19 - Garrick Centre - Winnipeg MB
Apr. 20 - The Distrikt - Regina SK
Apr. 21 - Warehouse - Calgary AL
Apr. 22 - Starlite Room - Edmonton AL
Apr. 24 - Plaza Club - Vancouver BC
Apr. 25 - Sugar - Victoria BC
Apr. 26 - El Corazon - Seattle WA
Apr. 27 - Hawthorne Theatre - Portland OR
Apr. 28 - Slims - San Francisco CA
Apr. 30 - House Of Blues - Las Vegas NV
May 01 - House Of Blues - San Diego, CA
May 02 - House Of Blues - West Hollywood CA
May 04 - Gator's - Farmington, NM
May 05 - Bluebird Theater - Denver CO
May 06 - Diamond Ballroom - Oklahoma City OK
May 07 - Ridglea Theater - Ft Worth TX
May 08 - Scout Bar - San Antonio TX
May 09 - Scout Bar - Houston TX
May 11 - The Garage - St. Petersburg FL
May 12 - Culture Room - Ft Lauderdale, FL
May 13 - Masquerade - Atlanta GA
May 14 - Headliner - Louisville KY
May 15 - Orange Peel - Ashville NC
May 16 - Volume 11 - Raleigh NC
May 17 - Jaxx - West Springfield VA

This weekend I saw Blaze and Skyclad with some unsigned bands. Great stuff, especially Blaze.

Saw Kataklysm/Eluveitie last night

Great show...KOK was good

Eluveitie was probably good but their sound was HORRIBLE so I couldn't tell...so disappointed

Dying Fetus...meh not a fan

Kataklysm was amazing. I got in the pit for the first time for a whole song ever during In Shadows and Dust. It was awesome. I had a lot of fun :)

what kind of setlist does Kreator usually play? I would go for them if they didnt play 90s material and up mostly..

I'm pretty sure "Pleasure to Kill" and "Extreme Aggression" are setlist staples. And now that they're more serious about thrash again, they may play more classics.

Can't WAIT for Amorphis/Samael tomorrow.

Free tickets FTMFW

...who's seen them live before? Out of curiosity do they concentrate on the Elegy era stuff or the newer stuff with the new singer? Either way i love it all(except for Far From The Sun)

KREATOR with EXODUS, BELPHEGOR, WARBRINGER and EPICUREAN:

Apr. 10 - Palladium - Worcester MA
HELL.
FUCKING.
YEAH.

what kind of setlist does Kreator usually play? I would go for them if they didnt play 90s material and up mostly..

If the setlist resembles any random 10 songs from Live Kreation with a couple from Enemy of God on top I'd soil myself.

The Absence was terrible. And everytime I walked by the merch table, the dude was like "Hey babe. You should buy our album." Uh yeah no. I'm going to spend my money on booze and Belphegor merch, thankyouveryfuckingmuch.

I'm going to Amon Amarth at the Palladium. New album convinced me. Epic, it is. The best I've heard from them for sure, even counting the first couple.

FUCK YEAH.
Although Once Sent is vastly better than anything else they or most other melodic death metal bands have produced.

But anyhow.

Meet up with me and zeph?

I'm going with my friend Dan, who drove Nick and I to MDF (and will be again in '09...so sick). There's a chance we'll hang out with you :p