The concerts thread

Where'd you see it? I saw it at Mansfield MA on the 20th, which was the last day of school. It was the best show I've ever been to, hands down.
I just stared at Lauren Harris' ass for a half hour. Whatever.

btw the Opeth/DT show was fantastic.

I saw Carcass last night. It was absolutely awesome, definitely go and see them if you have the chance. There was a fight right in front of me about half way through Incarnated Solvent Abuse, some crusty bogan got his arse kicked by a dude in a Beherit shirt.

Saw them in France a while ago and they were absolutely amazing. Ken Owen even came on stage for a bit to say a few words which was a nice touch

I guess since this is the "concerts" thread, I might get an answer here. I am driving down to the Amorphis concert Monday at the House Of Blues in West Hollywood. Anyone know what the parking situation is there? Is there a parking lot / garage / tons of street parking? And how close is it to the venue? Thanks!

Hope to be going to the Agalloch/Dornenreich show in London next March. Looks like they're doing a little European tour. Should be interesting.

l_56ca27df48b84ad6b1b45ba7dc1a9cb4.jpg

Next up for me is Nocturnus on the 18th, and then probably The Beat the day after, bit of Ska for yous:cool:

The Watain show was pretty good. I was surprised by Book of Black Earth, these guys put on a hell of a show. Withered surprised me too, they had an atmosphere to their live set (dont' know about the recordings never listened to these guys tbh). And finally Watain came on. They played a good set but cut out a song early, they were not happy with the crowd in Cleveland i guess. Everyone always stands there like decapitated turds.

THE GATES OF SLUMBER / DEMIRICOUS US TOUR

11/9/08 Denver , CO @ Funhouse

11/10/08 Boise , ID @ The Gusto Bar w/ Cast Into Eternity (ex-Arsis)

11/11/08 Portland , OR @ Satyricon

11/12/08 Seattle WA @ Studio Seven

11/14/08 Oakland , CA @ The Metro w/ The Faceless, Decrepit Birth

11/15/08 Bakersfield , CA @ Jerry's Pizza

11/16/08 Los Angeles , CA @ Black Castle

11/17/08 Tempe , AZ @ Big Fish Pub

11/18/08 Albuquerque , NM @ Launchpad

11/19/08 Abilene , TX @ Midnight Rodeo

11/20/08 San Antonio , TX @ White Rabbit w/ Anal Cunt

11/21/08 Austin , TX @ Red 7 w/ Anal Cunt

11/22/08 Dallas , TX @ Reno 's Chop Shop w/ Anal Cunt

11/23/08 TBA w/ Anal Cunt

11/24/08 New Orleans , LA @ Dragon's Den

11/25/08 Tallahassee , FL @ The Engine Room

11/26/08 Tampa , FL @ Brass Mug

11/28/08 Gainesville , FL @ The Atlantic

11/29/08 Spartanburg , SC @ Ground Zero

11/30/08 Baltimore , MD @ Talking Head w/ Fierce Allegiance, Strong Intention

12/1/08 New York , NY @ Lit Lounge - "Precious Metal Mondays"

12/2/08 Rochester , NY @ Bug Jar

12/3/08 Cleveland , OH @ Grog Shop w/ Midnight, Argus

12/4/08 Columbus , OH @ Ravari Room

12/5/08 Chicago , IL @ The Metal Shaker

12/6/08 Indianapolis , IN @ Emerson Theater

The Watain show was pretty good. I was surprised by Book of Black Earth, these guys put on a hell of a show. Withered surprised me too, they had an atmosphere to their live set (dont' know about the recordings never listened to these guys tbh). And finally Watain came on. They played a good set but cut out a song early, they were not happy with the crowd in Cleveland i guess. Everyone always stands there like decapitated turds.

watain is kinda known for their crazy stage gimmicks. did they do anything noteworthy?

watain is kinda known for their crazy stage gimmicks. did they do anything noteworthy?

No, i don't know if Ohio laws required them to not use much blood or any other stage antics but they poured blood on themselves, that's it. They had the two pig head skulls on stakes and candles. I really enjoyed the show though but it seemed most people had a lame dick for the show. I was impressed with their performance.

i got there a late because it started early. i only got to here there last two songs. it sounded good, but then again, that was my first exposure to them.

The main reason i went was for belphgor, ensiferum and of course amon amarth

why do i get the feeling that i didn't answer your question entirely