The concerts thread

Saw Meshuggah last night. Holy fucking shit they were good. Thomas Haake is an absolute monster of a drummer.

HATE ETERNAL

Nov 8 2008 7:00P
State Theatre St. Petersburg, Florida
Nov 13 2008 7:00P
The Glasshouse Pomona, California
Nov 14 2008 7:00P
The Dome Bakersfield, California
Nov 15 2008 7:00P
The Boardwalk Sacramento, California
Nov 16 2008 7:00P
Hawthorne Theater Portland, Oregon
Nov 17 2008 7:00P
El Corazon Seattle, Washington
Nov 17 2008 7:00P
El Corazon Seattle, Washington
Nov 18 2008 7:00P
The Venue Boise, Idaho
Nov 20 2008 7:00P
The Black Sheep Colorado Springs, Colorado
Nov 21 2008 7:00P
Bottleneck Lawrence, Kansas
Nov 22 2008 7:00P
The Picador Iowa City, Iowa
Nov 23 2008 7:00P
Station 4 St. Paul, Minnesota
Nov 25 2008 7:00P
Magic Stick Detroit, Michigan
Nov 26 2008 7:00P
Strummers Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Nov 27 2008 7:00P
The Embassy Hotel London, Ontario
Nov 28 2008 7:00P
The Higher Ground Burlington, Vermont
Nov 28 2008 7:00P
The Higher Ground Burlington, Vermont
Nov 29 2008 7:00P
The Station Portland, Maine
Nov 30 2008 7:00P
The Living Room Providence, Rhode Island
Dec 1 2008 7:00P
The Crazy Donkey Farmingdale, New York
Dec 2 2008 7:00P
Starland ballroom Sayreville, New Jersey
Dec 3 2008 7:00P
Otto Bar Baltimore, Maryland
Dec 4 2008 7:00P
Canal Club Richmond, Virginia
Dec 5 2008 7:00P
Soapbox Laundro-Lounge Wilmington, North Carolina
Dec 6 2008 7:00P
The Masquerade Atlanta, Georgia
Dec 9 2008 7:00P
The Village Little Rock, Arkansas
Dec 10 2008 7:00P
The Marquee Tulsa, Oklahoma
Dec 11 2008 7:00P
The Door Dallas, Texas
Dec 12 2008 7:00P
Cine El Rey Theater McAllen, Texas
Dec 13 2008 7:00P
Red 7 Austin, Texas
Dec 14 2008 7:00P
Dos Amigos Odessa, Texas
Dec 15 2008 7:00P
Big City Night Club Farmington, New Mexico
Dec 16 2008 7:00P
Rialto Theater Tucson, Arizona
Dec 18 2008 7:00P
The Bar Metairie, Louisiana
Dec 19 2008 8:00P
Platform 908 Tallahassee, Florida

As some of you may or may not know, mayhem is likely to do a US tour. I am really excited about it, however i am also considering on whether i should go or not. Don't get me, i love mayhem, but because of their infamous history, i know its not gonna be the same, and that is the one band i would have loved seeing back in their prime. i guess what i am worried about is that although they aren't gonna do a lot of the shit they did back then, i would like to see, at the very least, some corpse paint. i saw some live pictures and only the singer has it on. the other members are dressed casually, so the spirit of black metal doesn't seem to be there as well. i don't know, i am still debating on whether to go or not. what do you guys think?

I'd go just to see Attila Csihar, who's definitely only gotten better at disturbing vocals over the years.

I'd go just to see Attila Csihar, who's definitely only gotten better at disturbing vocals over the years.

I agree.

The only time I've seen Mayhem was many many years ago (2000/2001) when Maniac was still in the band and his stupid vocals pretty much ruined their set.

Last concerts I've seen were 2 Meshuggah shows. It was awesome.
The next show will probably be Whitesnake =\

Hate Eternal fucking suck live. When they played at NEHMF it was intensely fucking unpleasant. A constant blastbeat and a total absence of interesting music.

I'm looking forward to Waitan, especially since I read THIS on another board I post on.

Watain
Most of the set consisted of material from Sworn to the Dark. But their set wasn't about what they were playing... No way.. It was all about some drunk, douchey nazi skin that took a couple of cheap shots at the vocalist/bassist. At which he jumped from the stage and charged the said skin. It all happened so fast and by the end of it the skin was on the ground with a broken leg. Without missing a beat the bassist/vocalist took to the stage and finished the song. After the song was finished he asked if the "fucking skinhead" was still here. He was spotted and he went back to beat him some more. Long story short... Skinhead was ejected, Watain finishes their set to a charged crowd. This gets my vote for best show of the year not because of the performance.. but because of the antics. Crazy Swedes.....

See if there's a support act to Nocturnus called Violated then. I hate their music, typical Children Of Bodom nintendo metal, but they are from my neighbourhood, i dont know why they got to tour with Nocturnus to start with really.

Its not tonight, but tomorrow night. I got confused because i got the day off college today.

Yeah I know this Violated band are playing too. along with Punish, Memorial, and Slither. never heard any of them.

might be going to see Napalm Death in november in london. I was looking for UK gigs of them but couldn't find any apart from that festival in Leeds, and am i bollocks going all the way up there. Happy to find a southern date.

From what I've heard from people who have seen them in the past, happenings like that are pretty standard at Watain shows...

Anyways, I caught Averse Sefira, Nodens, and Hod about a week ago- show review up at http://www.*********/metal/about/shows/11oct2008/

Replace the asteriks with a[ignorethis]nus.com, because some admin here is an easily-offended douche.

Got this from metalsetlists.com

Orlando, FL

Intro
Progenies of the Great Apocalypse
Vredesbyrd
The Serpentine Offering
The Sinister Awakening
Reptile
Kings of the Carnival Creation
Spellbound (By The Devil)
The Sacrilegious Scorn
Puritania
Mourning Palace
-Outro-
The Fallen Arises

Just got back from the show, and it was amazing. They played this setlist.
Galder and Hellhammer were absent so they hired the guitarist from Susperia and the drummer from Vader to fill in for the tour. It was strange to hear Shagrath go out of character and address the crowd in a normal speaking voice.

Moonspell also put on a great performance, as did Skeletonwitch. Winds of Plague bored me to tears and I didn't stay for Danzig.

One down. Amon Amarth/Belphegor tomorrow.