The concerts thread

See if there's a support act to Nocturnus called Violated then. I hate their music, typical Children Of Bodom nintendo metal, but they are from my neighbourhood, i dont know why they got to tour with Nocturnus to start with really.

i definitely wouldn't call violated nintendo children of bodom metal in a bad way, i've heard their stuff and for an unsigned band with just a few small releases, they're pretty damn good. they're wayyyy better than a lot of the small local unsigned acts i've heard around here. a lot of the local bands from around here make violated look amazing.

Nocturnus were seriously cool. They played 2 Morbid Angel songs, Angel of Disease and Chapel of Ghouls, some After Death tracks, and then a bunch of stuff from The Key. I saw a bit of Punish, but apart from that didn't see any of the other bands.

Saw the AA tour. The Absence were excellent, heavy, thrashing, melodic, etc. Belphegor were much better than I expected based on listening to stuff off the new album, and actually I'm now interested in seeing them again...perhaps at the upcoming Kreator/Exodus/Belphegor tour. Einsiferum were uninteresting at best. AA were great, despite having a setlist containing only 2 songs from before Versus The World. I can't wait for the Bochum DVD (Where they play the first four albums all the way through with a bunch more from the last 3). I had to leave before the encore, but enjoyed the set greatly, although it would have been better with a better crowd.

Yeah, you did! When he said that I remembered you saying that. :lol:
Kinda weird. Last time they came through they were drinking JD (at least, that was what was on top of the amps.

Slough Feg:

11/08/2008 08:00 PM - East End
203 SE Grand
Portland, Oregon

11/07/2008 09:00 PM - King Cobra
916 E Pike St
Seattle, Washington 98127
w/ Skelator & Scorched Earth

The Ashland show has been canceled.

I saw the band 3 on Tuesday and it was the most epic performance I have ever seen by any band. They played in front of maybe 40 people, but put on such a great show. Bison BC opened for them they were alright I have never heard of em before I saw them.

I saw Clad in Darkness tonight at some city dive. One of the guys lives a few blocks away, so I figured I'd support him and the band. They seem cool. I spent about half the set talking to some slut while drunk, but such is life. The music was pretty good. That band at least. The opener was shit, but the Deus Abscontitus band wasn't bad. Worth it for a free show.

I am debating going to see GWAR and Toxic Holocaust tonight. Th would be rad to see, and GWAR is very entertaining live even if I do not know a single song by them.

Saw Nachtmystium/Wolves In The Throne Room/The Atlas Moth/Velnias

Velnias opened, and actually sounded really good. For a young local band, they had a very pro- sounding production. The performance came off like one half hour song, which was fine since there were plenty of riffs and the songs were dynamic. I was impressed. Folky, but not gay, and melodic, but not gay in that area either. http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=140184945

Next was The Atlas Moth, which was notable for running that old late '60s/'70s footage of naked women dancing in front of colorful effects and whatnot. Lots and lots of nudity.

Wolves In The Throne Room was a letdown, imo. They were louder than they needed to be. I guess they played some new song, which didn't really impress me. I feel like you need to be familiar with their songs to really get into them. I also got frustrated with the noise breaks they added to the songs, which are more than long enough to begin with. They closed with "I Will Lay Down My Bones Among The Rocks and Roots," and added about a 3-4 minute guitar wank noise section in the middle. I'll listen to Boris play noise and like it, because it's part of the songs. A 20 minute song doesn't need a noise interlude.

Nachtmystium closed this show, being their last night on the tour and being in their home town. While they've been spotty at times, this was a very strong showing. It was probably owing to the fact they were at an actual venue rather than a bar, but this was the best they've sounded in the five or so times I've seen them. Good sound from the lead guitar. The performance was energetic, and more about sharing music with the crowd, whereas WITTR was more about playing for themselves and distancing themselves from the audience. Nachtmystium was unpretentious, playing obvious crowd pleasers and their thrashiest songs, and ending with covers of G.G. Allin and Motorhead. WITTR was pretty pretentious. I think I'll stick to listening to them at home.

DEICIDE and VITAL REMAINS will team up for THE extreme metal package tour of 2009. The two bands will bring their infamous live performances to major markets across the United States in February.

Just got back from the show, and it was amazing. They played this setlist.
Galder and Hellhammer were absent so they hired the guitarist from Susperia and the drummer from Vader to fill in for the tour. It was strange to hear Shagrath go out of character and address the crowd in a normal speaking voice.

Moonspell also put on a great performance, as did Skeletonwitch. Winds of Plague bored me to tears and I didn't stay for Danzig.

One down. Amon Amarth/Belphegor tomorrow.

I wasn't gonna bother talkin bout that concert. Dimmu was boring. Moonspell ruled. Skeleton Witch sucked. Didn't see Winds of Plague. Danzig ruled.

I saw the band 3 on Tuesday and it was the most epic performance I have ever seen by any band. They played in front of maybe 40 people, but put on such a great show. Bison BC opened for them they were alright I have never heard of em before I saw them.
Hell yeah. 3 kick ridiculous amounts of ass live. I hope you grabbed their latest, which is excellent. When I saw them they completely upstaged Opeth and Dream Theater.

DEICIDE and VITAL REMAINS will team up for THE extreme metal package tour of 2009. The two bands will bring their infamous live performances to major markets across the United States in February.

OH SHIT.
Vital Remains will I assume be fronted by Benton?
Because that would be fucking ridiculous. :kickass:

^^^ Next week for me :kickass:

Anyways, saw Horna last night. They were all wearing white shirts that were really dirty and the singer looked really creepy. He had the contacts so your pupils look like 2 dots. I was right in front of him. They were really good throughout the night and played about 45 minutes to an hour. But the singer was weird as hell. He kept staring directly at me like he was possessed and just kept lookin at the crowd like he was on acid or something and giving them the bird and thumbs down. Every time he looked at me I had to laugh. He was trying so hard to be kvlt. The funny parts is when he went into the crowd and came right in my face and screamed and then he pushed me and some other people and kept putting his hand on people's faces. He also was drinking Smirnoff Ice and chugging it. Very Black Metal :lol:. But the funniest thing of all is when he just turned sideways, fell off the stage and started screaming on the ground for like 2 minutes. Nobody caught him and I don't think he wanted to be caught. It was funny and he was really weird, but other than that it was an awesome show.

Here's some crappy cell phone pics:

1113082307a.jpg

1113082307.jpg