The concerts thread

15.May Keep of Kalessin + In Vain
21.May 1349 + Aura Noir

Looking forward to those.

I'm paying way too much money to see Entombed tomorrow. The price is extremely jacked up because of two other shitty bands that I don't want to see at all. Thanks The Poodles and Mimicry.

Saw the Dark Tranquillity show yesterday in Philly. The openers were some shitty death metal bands and then Threat Signal (they're metalcore but not completely terrible) and Mutiny Within (dunno how to feel about them they're set was tight but...)

but then DT came out. Holy fuck did they play a face-melting set. I myself enjoy the mosh pit so the combination of violence and every good song those fuckers have ever put out was just mind-blowingly awesome

How much did they play from The Gallery?

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/dark-tranquillity/579775-may-us-tour-5.html#post9085642

Setlist:

At The Point of Ignition
The Fatalist
Focus Shift
The Wonders At Your Feet
ThereIn
Final Resistance
The Grandest Accusation
Misery's Crown
Punish My Heaven
(Edenspring)
(My Negation)
Iridium
Shadow In Our Blood
The Lesser Faith
Dream Oblivion
(Lethe)
Lost To Apathy
Terminus (Where Death Is Most Alive)

The songs in parenthesis were not played, and will only be played if they have enough time.

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/dark-tranquillity/579775-may-us-tour-5.html#post9085642
Setlist:

At The Point of Ignition
The Fatalist
Focus Shift
The Wonders At Your Feet
ThereIn
Final Resistance
The Grandest Accusation
Misery's Crown
Punish My Heaven
(Edenspring)
(My Negation)
Iridium
Shadow In Our Blood
The Lesser Faith
Dream Oblivion
(Lethe)
Lost To Apathy
Terminus (Where Death Is Most Alive)

The songs in parenthesis were not played, and will only be played if they have enough time.
I really hope they have time, given that those are two of my favorites from The Gallery. Thank god they're doing Punish My Heaven, though. Some of those choices seem odd to me but I don't really have a problem with it, although ignoring The Mind's I is a little odd.

Saw Mastodon/Between The Buried And Me/Baroness/Valiant Thor last night. Valiant Thor was probably the worst joke band I've ever heard, Baroness was fucking brilliant, BTBAM was great, and Mastodon unfortunately spent most of their set playing the Crack The Skye album.

Went to the Summer Storm festival at Bangalore,India. Sawe BHOOMI, Boomerang, Scribe, Extinct Reflections ( Last show ever).
Headlined by : Lamb of God
Great show except for BHOOMI. The second they started playing the pits opened up, people started headbanging, etc etc. But 30 seconds into the song the vocalist opened his mouth and everyone froze *WTF???*. Real bad performance. After the crowd started to boo them off, throw stuff, etc. the guitarist flicked off the crowd and started swearing at us. Making the crowd even angrier.
Boomerang came up next, though the under-dogs, gave us a great performance.
Next up was Scribe. This is where the pits really picked up and got more metal form here.
Extinct Reflections gave us a beautiful show, one that we'll remember for a long time.
At around 7:30 LoG came on and the whole place went fuckin' crazy. The whole place just got ripped apart. :D

Saw the Dark Tranquillity tour tonight. First band was bad. Mutiny Within was enjoyable. I bought their CD. Threat Signal was pretty meh. Dark Tranquillity was good, but the sound was terrible from where I was. Ears are ringing. Will need to familiarize myself with DT's non-The Gallery work more.

Saw the Dark Tranquillity tour tonight. First band was bad. Mutiny Within was enjoyable. I bought their CD. Threat Signal was pretty meh. Dark Tranquillity was good, but the sound was terrible from where I was. Ears are ringing. Will need to familiarize myself with DT's non-The Gallery work more.

The show was EPIC.

Photoon2010-05-17at08372.jpg

Listen female, stop being a bigot.

And I'm a musician myself and I certainly don't scoff at people without earplugs, nor have I ever been scoffed at before your scoffing scoff.

I don't see a reason NOT to wear earplugs. Sure those big yellow pieces of crap ruin the sound, but get some ear-shaped rubber ones and you won't notice any difference at all.