The concerts thread

2762609962_3a8fa6e816_o.jpg

Chicago is gay.

Holy shit...

FUCK worcester. It always pisses me off when I miss shows because it's such a colossal pain in the ass to get to the palladium.

Exactly my thoughts.

However, Nachtmystium is touring with Opeth, and I really don't want to miss that show because I've been dying to see Opeth for years.

Again, they'll be through there plenty times in the future.

FUCK worcester. It always pisses me off when I miss shows because it's such a colossal pain in the ass to get to the palladium.

I can drive you, depending on the show.

But don't complain it's a pain in the ass because I have to take a 4-hour bus ride down from UMaine to Boston before I can hit the Pike with my father's car.

Concerts i've been to:
Opeth/Between The Buried And Me
Robin Trower

Concerts i wanna see:
Metal Masters Tour(this saturday)
Misfits
Job For A Cowboy

I can drive you, depending on the show.

But don't complain it's a pain in the ass because I have to take a 4-hour bus ride down from UMaine to Boston before I can hit the Pike with my father's car.

it's not that I can't get there, it's that it's really annoying. It would be nice if the avalon had all the metal shows...

Yeah I never quite understood while it's always Worcester. Usually those are the only New England dates for an entire tour, but I don't see why playing in Boston wouldn't draw a larger crowd, since it's a more populated area and is easier to access.

The problem is venues; the palladium caters to metal while there are very few theater sized venues in boston with a pit. Also, judging by the condition of the palladium I'd say it's probably cheaper for the bands to play there n stuff. Still, I agree, totally. It's fucking ridiculous that there's no metal in boston. Only the Middle East and the Avalon have metal shows.

Gigantour '06 was at the Bank of America Pavillion, and they have some metal shows at the Middle East in Cambridge.

But again, you shouldn't complain about Worcester, since price of admission for a metal show is usually 20 or 25 bucks. Shows closer to Boston would cost more.

Not really...saw (don't laugh) He Is Legend, Chimaira, Dragonforce, and KSE at the Avalon for $25. Edguy and Kamelot are playing the Middle East for $25 in september, and VR recently played there with monstrosity (not all ages, FUCK FUCK FUCK) for $20 I think.

Not really...saw (don't laugh) He Is Legend, Chimaira, Dragonforce, and KSE at the Avalon for $25. Edguy and Kamelot are playing the Middle East for $25 in september, and VR recently played there with monstrosity (not all ages, FUCK FUCK FUCK) for $20 I think.

Yeah the Middle East sucks. I missed out on Watain/Nachtmystium playing there last year because I didn't feel like ditching my friend who wanted to go but was still 17.

going to see Kamelot, Edguy and Dendura in October in Cleveland. I heard this is the last US performance for Kamelot til 2010 so I want to see them before then. I got my tickets through Dendura, you get a gift from the band if you buy through them.

peabody400.jpg

On Friday I saw Testament, Heaven and Hell Appice) and Judas Priest.

You do the fucking math.

Testament was the opener, and they played great. My only complaint about them is that they played a real short setlist.

Heaven and fucking Hell were fucking awesome. Dio is in his fucking 60s, and he sounds and has the energy of when he played in the 80s. Vinny had a drum solo, which kicked major ass by the way. Iommi is a guitar god, and of coarse a metal god. and Geezer Butler has to be one of the greatest bass players of all time. Oh did I mention how awesome Heaven and Hell was (the song). They made it even longer! The whole crowd was singing a long with Dio. They then did an encore with Neon Knights, which was also awesome. The best band that played.

Now, Judas fucking Priest.

That's all that needs to be said.

All and all, it was fucking epic, awesome, anything you want to say.

The only thing that would of made it better was if Motorhead wasn't canceled off that show.

I just saw The Melvins with Big Business two nights ago. Flat out amazing show. Carcass is playing with Suffocation, 1349, Aborted, PIg Destroyer, Rotten Sound, and Misery Index right near me. Also Arghoslent is coming sometime in October. I've got a lot to look forward to.

Just got tickets for the following shows:

Carcass - September 12
Children of Bodom - September 13
Kataklysm/Eluveitie - October 3rd

:kickass:

No one played on the stage. That would have been mega gay.

Apparently the post got deleted from S-M somehow, so I'm reposting it now...the link will then work again after I reroute it.

Upcoming shows I will be attending.
Devil To Pay with Redhorse and Lo-Pan at Locals Only in indpls 22AUG08
Through The Eyes Of The Dead Emerson Theater 24 AUG 08
Ted Nugent-Ribfest 31 AUG 08
GBH-Vogue Theater 2 SEP 08