The concerts thread

I have seen them live, i didnt like them at all. Im all for the rest of those gigs though. its good to see australia isnt forgotten too much

Saw Tech N9ne with all of the Sick Music artists last night! Easily the greatest hip-hop performance I have witnessed so far. Anyone who thinks rappers are talentless should watch these guys - they are like the Cirque Du Soleil of hip hop

Gonna see AC/DC tomorrow. My stepfather and and few his friends are going but one of them cancellled so i got the free ticket. :headbang:

Going in a couple of weeks to see the Big Four (Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax), Manowar, Rammstein, Alice In Chains, Pentagram, Orphaned Land, Anathema, and other bands in the Sonisphere Festival (turkey).

I'm going to that one because Nile were so incredibly good in February that I have since vowed never to miss any of their shows if they come back to Hollywood!

Last one I went to was AiC last month. I was leery but Duvall performed admirably and it was great. Bittersweet but great. I don't really have anything planned now except for Kamelot in September.

Shows I am planning on attending in the near future:

Tool - June 25th (already have my tickets)

Black Tusk, Zoroaster, Dark Castle, Apehanger - July 3rd

Central Illinois Metalfest - July 23rd & 24th

Enthroned, Destroyer 666, Shining - August 24th

-June 18th: Pentagram and Earthen Grave (Maybe. I'll attend if Victor is playing with them again for no reason)
-August 15th: Proclamation, Black Witchery and Kerasphorus
-August 25th: Enthroned and Destroyer 666 (fuck this D 666 not headlining nonsense).
-October 5th: Swans
-October 28th: Immolation and Vader
-December 10th-11th: Rites of Darkness fest (only if I can manage to get my finals to work around this weekend, but I doubt it. Shame because the lineup is amazing)

I just learned last night that there is a slight line-up change at Central Illinois Metalfest if anyone is going.

Out:
DESPONDENCY
ACHERON :erk:
COVENANCE

In:
MISERY INDEX :kickass:
INSIDIOUS DECREPANCY (It will be interesting to see a 1 man death metal band in person)
VISCERAL THRONE

In two weeks:

Katatonia
Nile
Kreator
Raunchy
Cynic
Amon Amarth
Finntroll
Dark Tranquillity
Sabaton

...im in heaven:kickass:

Danzig Day on the 19th. I'm currently plotting to meet him at VVinyl and get an autograph then tail his tour bus down to Philly for a show at the Trocadero that night. Should be good times. I don't think I've been to VV in well over a year now. Hopefully the new album is pretty good and Glenn doesn't act like a douche.

Forgot to post about this but a few weeks ago i saw Gorod in an extremely small venue nearby. There were 40 people there :zombie: . They kicked ass but i would have liked to see more they didn't even play an hour set. My buddies and i had a good time laughing at one of the guitarists facial expressions, wow did those guys look French! :lol:

2 days later i went to see Hypocrisy/Scar Symmetry. SS were meh at best and having two singers up on stage was extremely lame. Assuming they can't replace Christian. Hypocrisy tore the roof off that place.

Hypocrisy setlist:
2.Valley Of The Damned
3.Hang Him High
4.Fractured Millenium
5.Adjusting The Sun
6.Eraser
7.Pleasures of Molestation
8.Osculum Obscenum
9.9.The Killing Art
10.A Coming Race
11.Let The Knife Do The Talking
12.Weed Out the Weak