The Dark Tranquillity song survivor (revisited)

ok so when are we going to have the first round? Ormir leave all those gorgeus girls for a moment and move your ass, Villain you also leave those err boys...:rolleyes:

This is going to be a big project, and we are both busy men (?), so I think we should split the burden. It seems you are more busy at the moment though Villain, so I think it would make sense if I held the first round of voting, and you did the second, and so on. How does that sound Villain?

@rahvin: Yeah, some input would be helpful. This was too big to send as a PM, so I'll post here. Here's every released/available song under the Dark Tranquillity name I am aware of (I fused several instrumentals together). This amounts to 88 songs (obviously too many for the 80 limited 4 polls). Altogether there are 74 original songs (if you count Cornered) on the studio albums. Any advice on what to include, keep out?

SKYDANCER

1. Nightfall by the shore of time
2. Crimson winds
3. A bolt of blazing gold
4. In tears bereaved
5. Skywards
6. Through ebony archways
7. Shadow duet
8. My faeryland forgotten
9. Alone

OCAEN

1. Of chaos and eternal night
2. With the flaming shades of fall
3. Away, delight, away
4. Alone '94

THE GALLERY

1. Punish my heaven
2. Silence and the firmament withdrew
3. Edenspring
4. The dividing line
5. The gallery
6. The one brooding warning
7. Midway through infinity
8. Lethe
9. The emptiness from which I fed
10. Mine is the grandeur / ...Of melancholy burning

ESA

1. Razorfever
2. Shadowlit facade
3. Archetype

TMI

1. Dreamlore degenerate
2. Zodijackyl light
3. Hedon
4. Scythe, Rage and roses
5. Constant
6. Dissolution factor red
7. Insanity's crescendo
8. Still moving sinews
9. Atom heart 243.5
10. Tidal tantrum
11. Tongues
12. The mind's eye

PROJECTOR

1. Freecard
2. ThereIn
3. UnDo control
4. Auctioned
5. To a bitter halt
6. The sun fired blanks
7. Nether novas
8. Day to end
9. Dobermann
10. On your time
11. Exposure

HAVEN

1. The wonders at your feet
2. Not built to last
3. Indifferent suns
4. Feast of burden
5. Haven
6. The same
7. Fabric
8. Ego drama
9. Rundown
10. Emptier still
11. At loss for words
12. Cornered

DD

1. Final Resistance
2. Hours Passed in Exile
3. Monochromatic Stains
4. Single Part of Two
5. The Treason Wall
6. Format C: for Cortex
7. Damage Done
8. Cathode Ray Sunshine
9. The Enemy
10. White Noise/Black Silence
11. Ex Nihilo
12. I, Deception
13. The Poison Well

TRAIL OF LIFE

1. Midwinter / Beyond enlightenment
2. Vernal awakening
3. Void of tranquillity

MOONCLAD REFLECTION

1. Unfurled by dawn
2. Yesterworld

COVERS

1. Lady in Black
2. Bringer of Torture
3. 22 Acacia Avenue
4. Sacred Reich
5. My Friend of Misery

LIVE UNRELEASED

1. Soulbreed
2. The Dying Fragment of an Elderly Dream
3. Misery in Me

ALTERNATE VERSIONS

1. Punish my Heaven (WAR)
2. Punish my Heaven (demo)

Yeah, sorry for the delay - I have indeed been busy. However, I think I will have most of my urgent things done by next weekend, so I guess I could post the first poll by then.

However, before that we must do the most important thing first - choose the songs that will appear on the poll. From Ormir's list above, I think we can leave out at least the Covers, Live Unreleased and Alternate Versions (perhaps Alone '94 could be among those as well?).

That leaves us with... exactly 79 songs (counting Alone '94 in) - which I think is a pretty good number. Any thoughts?

-Villain

rahvin, if you are leaving out alternate version of Punish my Heaven, why not count both? That would take it down to 80...

BTW, since I have all of these songs on mp3, I think the easiest method of assigning them randomly into groups is for me to randomize the playlist (for the songs on the survivor) with winamp, then generate it as html. If anybody else has ideas for random assignment, please make the suggestion.

I am somewhat against including any tracks that we have heard only as live-mp3's. I don't even have Soulbreed and that other old song anymore - and I daresay that very few people here have ever heard them.

Oh, and I am heavily against using any computerized methods of making the random lists - call me a fossilized RPG-freak, but to me nothing is random unless I have rolled some dice. :dopey:

-Villain

the point is i'd like misery in me to be included and i'm resorting to any trick to have this happen. :p
not many ppl have heard the poison well or unfurled by dawn either, this is something that is gonna happen always. but my solution provides the fabled number 80. :)

rahvin.

Oh, well. If you all insist. But in that case someone should put those old live-tracks up somewhere, so that everyone participating in the poll would have an easy access to them.

About Alone / Alone '94, I think we could agree that everyone should decide in their own mind, which one is better and vote assuming that it is indeed their favorite version on the poll. This way we don't indeed need to include both versions there - and the same applies with all versions of Punish My Heaven.

I think I can put the poll of the first 20 up later tonight, assuming that someone can assure me that those rare live-mp3's will be available for download.

-Villain

We have a problem: as Ormir's original list has actually 89 songs, Rahvin's suggestion will still leave us with 81 songs - ie. one song too much.

I almost dare to suggest leaving Archetype outside, but I'm afraid some people might not like it.

Well, anyways, I'm posting the poll tomorrow anyway (too tired to do it now) and unless someone comes up with a good idea of how to cut one song from the list, I will drop Archetype.

-Villain (too damn tired to think)

Archetype has to go. Although the validity of leaving out an album track, compared to unrecordred live ones can be discussed, it would be pretty inconsistent and arbitrary to pick one of the live ones out (especially as they give us a nice even number). Sorry to all the Arketypen fetishists :(

Ormir@ thanks for the live tracks...I only had Misery in me......

well....i am an archetype fetishist :D but i suppose it would be better if it was left out,since it is so different...... it will be voted off anyway.......
(+ the fact that i don;t want to see my favourite DT song voted off :loco: ok.....joking)