the deadsite musical theme

the-lull

discouraged one
May 25, 2001
France
www.thelull.fr.fm
Does someone know anything about the music accompanying the deadsite (title? composed by Anders, Jonas, or Fred? When and in what purpose was it composed?)
Thanks!

Hi there...

Well, it was composed by me.. I found a rughly recorded idea on my drive as a supposed sketch for a Katatonia song and just spiced it up and edited it for the DEADSITE, so the visits there would be more moody... Hope it's not to disturbing...

Anders, the theme to the deadsite is wonderful! The theme itself makes the deadsite one of the most atmospheric experiences on the web, not to mention the rest of the incredible material on the site.

I don't know if I'd call it disturbing but it is ...eerily unnerving, I must say. It's pretty cool, actually.

Wanderer, that info is right in the liner notes, actually... or behind the CD I guess (whatever). Track 10... composed by Anders, lyrics by Jonas.

goddamn - i'm glad someone asked this question, i was wondering the same thing myself. I would have never believed such a short piece of music on an infinite loop could be so effective - Katatonia.com is one of the best band sites I've ever seen.... and heard.

You were asking about the background music on the dead site, and now we know it was written specifically for the site , but please can someone tell me what song (if any) is the musical part on the flash intro. to the site from, not the one looping on the dead site itself, but the one that plays at the begining as an intro. for Katatonia.com .....

Thanks in advance...