The demo has been leaked.

Thanatopsis123 said:
Oh yeah, what's the best you all have done on the demo thus far?

I managed to win with only about 110 of my own men lost. Though I've only played it on medium difficulty.
I did about the same as you.

Though it's nothing serious, I just am seeing how it works on my computer right now. Also I am testing out all the mods.

That I'm too good at strategising. I have lost on hard difficulty.

I don't have a high-end comp and the demo runs pretty crap to me. Lowest quality settings and still I get lag.
I might get a new videocard or something though, I'm not sure what would help more; more RAM or a quality videocard. Any ideas?

256MB RAM and just the standard NVidia thing which is included on the motherboard. I only just got the RAM upgraded as well, from 128MB (which was absolute hell). I saw some guy posted he had like a thousand MB or something, but I don't really feel like replacing the one I've got now, because I just got it and everything. So would just the new videocard do the trick?

AMD Duron(tm) Processor 1.2 GHz

That's what it says in the system specs. It was the newest processor out there when I got the computer anyway. I can't remember when I got the computer :err:

TB666 said:
I suggest a new cpu.
The total war series have always used more cpu then video card.
So an entire new computer would do the trick for you ;)
Chrissakes. :bah: This game is gonna cost me a lot of time and bucks, I can feel it. :Spin:

But the demo isn't optimised(or atleast most people hope it is and some evidence shows this) so it is possible that the full game will run better then the demo.
Remember I said it is possible not that it is.

2.3 ghz celeron
Radeon 9800 pro 128 mb
512 RAM.

With normal unit size(which is about 60 guys/unit) I get very good performance but on max(120 guys/unit) I don't get very good performance(it is playable but barely).
And that is because I have a weak cpu.

I would replace my 2.3ghz celeron to a 3.0 ghz P4 but my motherboard can't handle that so I'm stuck with my celeron until I have afford a better motherboard.
But with normal unit size the game still look massive and epic so I think I will accept that.

What kind of motherboard would you need? A pentium 4 motherboard or something?(yes, I'm quite clueless when it comes to hardware specs)

Ratatosk said:
What kind of motherboard would you need? A pentium 4 motherboard or something?(yes, I'm quite clueless when it comes to hardware specs)
I have no idea actually, I'm not a computer wiz myself.

What are the system requirements for it?...what systems are you guys running the dem on?
CA said:
The minimum spec is a 1Ghz processor, plus a sensible graphics card and 256Mb of RAM. We think this is a reasonable machine these days for a game of this depth and quality