The Devil Wears Prada - Born To Lose Cover

Thanks for uploading.
I had a last minute cancellation in the studio today so decided to give this a go.
Drums are Slate dry metal kit,
Bass is Zoom ms60b>MXR bass di>LA-610
Guitars are Palmer daccapo>TS808>6505>Rectifier cab>sm57&m201>API A2D
Green channel left and red channel right.

It would be great if somebody could do vocals for this too. (Marios maybe?)

https://copy.com/fHwgJKU2FHXqRkGS

Thanks for uploading.
I had a last minute cancellation in the studio today so decided to give this a go.
Drums are Slate dry metal kit,
Bass is Zoom ms60b>MXR bass di>LA-610
Guitars are Palmer daccapo>TS808>6505>Rectifier cab>sm57&m201>API A2D
Green channel left and red channel right.

It would be great if somebody could do vocals for this too. (Marios maybe?)

https://copy.com/fHwgJKU2FHXqRkGS

awesome! very natural guitar tone :)

also, +1 for vocals :kickass:

Here's my first mix for this song! I might add vocals to it but the only mic I have right now is an sm58.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hit me with your best crtiticsm guys I'm still learning! :D

(I may add in the synth later but as of now I haven't found anything that sounds great.)

Hit me with your best crtiticsm guys I'm still learning! :D

(I may add in the synth later but as of now I haven't found anything that sounds great.)

I'm not in the constitution to give great feedback right now, but there's 1 hint I can give you: Less gain on the guitars. :p
I'll listen again tomorrow^^

I'm not in the constitution to give great feedback right now, but there's 1 hint I can give you: Less gain on the guitars. :p
I'll listen again tomorrow^^

Thanks man!

And I will work that, but just for reference can you tell me why it needs less gain, does it just sound too distorted or is it some other reason, I only ask so I can hear it better and learn from my mistakes. :D

I think it's not to bad, but there's some stuff you might want to work on.
As I said yesterday, the guitars have to much gain. Why? They sound really squishy and compressed ;)
The mix also sounds quite cloudy and the bass needs to be lowered (in my mix aswell :p).

I think it's not to bad, but there's some stuff you might want to work on.
As I said yesterday, the guitars have to much gain. Why? They sound really squishy and compressed ;)
The mix also sounds quite cloudy and the bass needs to be lowered (in my mix aswell :p).

Thanks man that's all I needed to here! :)

Sorry I didn't read this thread in quite a while.. I'll listen to the new mixes this evening! The DIs were recorded with SH-4s