The Devil Wears Prada TONE MATCH

wow, whoever this is will get bant from this forum if he ever posts here...that's the kind of "studios" that help ruining this business...I hate these "studiooweners".
20$ per song? fuck off!

ruining the business? I'm charging 35 a song because I have only been doing it for a year... What do you propose people in my situation do? Charge more for a shitty product? I am trying to get as much experience as I can... I don't see why people in such a circumstance are "ruining the business". The bands that come to me have their place. The bands that come to you have their place. I cater to less than desirable bands who don't have money to throw down for 300 a song.

It's a long ass discussion, but in short... it degrades quality of all productions, undermines the importance of real audio engineers/proper production, distorts the value of recording audio in general, and diffuses the real-world cost of those super cheap rates to the guys up top, who lose business because of it.

I completely respect that. But, how else are guys going to start? I'm clearly far less expirienced than the majority on this board, but you can't hate on a newb for getting expirence. Idk like I can completely understand the reasons you presented, but idk. If a band can't tell the difference between my level of production and a decent studio, they shouldn't be playing music in the first place.

I don't know how these guys only charge $20 a song. Even $35.00 to that post above. Isn't your time important to you? I only do this as a hobbyist and still put 50+ hours into a song. No thanks to 40 cents an hour.

Trent

Lol....this thread needs an amber lamp... totally gone in the wrong direction...

And if the guy wants to record for 20$ ... let him... where's the problem ...geezzzz....

I'm kinda with the n00bz on this one, I don't see how some kids making crappy recordings with thier friends in the basement hurts legimate studios too much...this isn't really a new phenomenon.

wow, whoever this is will get bant from this forum if he ever posts here...that's the kind of "studios" that help ruining this business...I hate these "studiooweners".
20$ per song? fuck off!

nah, Fuck these shit talkers behind a computer screen
that $20 a song thing works for some really broke bands
and people dissing this guys DWP cover is just fucking low
bitch ass move :puke:

yea you guys are kind of acting like dicks....... Maybe his cover wasnt great, but now your just bashing him and being overall assholes. Also who cares if hes charging 25$ a song? I mean everyone has to start somewhere, and thats a really good low price for bands that dont have a lot of cash.