The Digipack | yay or nay poll

Digipacks - yay or nay?

• Yes, digipacks look cool and definetely add to the overall approach of a band

Votes: 20 54.1%
  • nay, digipacks are unconvenient and useless

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • i don't care

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • what's a digipack?

Votes: 5 13.5%

• Total voters

Malaclypse

Oct 18, 2001
So what do you think about digipacks? personally i hate them. i mean, they look nice and special for a while, but tend to wear off in short time, and mostly they don't fit in any standard cd tower. and i can't stand flipping hundreds of paper pages until i finally get hold on the cd. and if you put a beer glass upon it, they're forever stained.
what's your opinion?

well a digipack is a cd casing made of paper, unlike the standard jewel case and often comes along with extra artwork.

I think it could be cool then, dunno about the "wear after a while, get stained" thing :/

Originally posted by VultureCulture
...unlike the standard jewel case...

Where did you say you lived again? :err: From now on I will accept only diamond cases. :loco:

Seriously, though, I like digipacks for the "feeling", but I'm so sad my Haven looks so mistreated nowadays. :cry:

So, I'll vote "no".

-Villain

What exactly is a jewel case?

Siren (asking the 2nd dumb question of the day and trying to drive you nuts :D )

Originally posted by Villain
Seriously, though, I like digipacks for the "feeling", but I'm so sad my Haven looks so mistreated nowadays. :cry:
Tell me about it :cry: I had a little accident with water...and you can guess what the cover looks like now..

I voted for "no" also.

The most important reason I like digipacks is that they usually contain bonus songs ;) :D :D :D They also look very good, but you're right, you have to be very careful if you don't want to end up with serious changes in the cd.

i like digipacks 'cause most of the times it looks better and has bonus tracks but it depends on the album.
i hate when bands release an album on too many different formats... i don't have money to buy them all :mad:

Humm, a poll (un pollo). The digi-pack editions use to wear off depending on where you're wanting to fit them, notice that the shape of the digi-pack wasn't made to fit into your asshole.

|ngenius (nasty words, just joking)

Digipacks look usually good but indeed need to be treated well ;)
And some digipacks don't fit in my cd case... But if there's a choice between digipack and jewel case, I choose digipack (especially when there's bonuses...)

That beer thing is no joke.
A few month ago my mom thought that she had to clean my room...while doing that she dropped a half-empty can of beer over my Katatonia LFDGD digipak. The CD and everything around it was soaked with beer...I was really pissed I can tell you.

Yes, all in all I think I'd most likely burst into tears in front of a Skydancer digipack, but it was a hard decision: mainly because when the microscopical hooks which must keep the disc in place break, there's no hope to replace the whole piece, while it can be easily done with a jewel-case. That's the only yet-unsolved problem with digipacks, imo, and not for so long, I hope, especially if, as it seems, digipacks are slowly becoming the next-years standard.

Alfred (and several broken digipacks)

Edit: adding a verb every now and then could help the posts not to fall upon themselves

i looove digipacks..at least the ones who DO fit in my cd-tower (like my beloved Diary of dreams CDs)......the rest piss me off!!
btw,the best digipacks i've ever seen is the digipacks of the first 2 Solefald Cds....they are somehow hmm covered with plastics in the edges... well..can't describe it exactly,not even in greek..so if you are wondering just buy the Cds and see yourselved :D

trallala *always finding a way to promote :p *

Originally posted by Melancholia
the best digipacks i've ever seen is the digipacks of the first 2 Solefald Cds....they are somehow hmm covered with plastics in the edges...
yup, i have that one.. i don't like Solefald very much but the digi is nice... i like the booklet, looks.... washable ;)

hrm.. now that i think about it the rest of my digipacks aren't so special... except my burzum cd which came with a piece of a sheet from a bible :confused: