The Digipack | yay or nay poll

Digipacks - yay or nay?

• Yes, digipacks look cool and definetely add to the overall approach of a band

Votes: 20 54.1%
  • nay, digipacks are unconvenient and useless

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • i don't care

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • what's a digipack?

Votes: 5 13.5%

• Total voters
Originally posted by astarte
except my burzum cd which came with a piece of a sheet from a bible :confused:
:lol: it must have been your lucky day :p
Imagine what would ahve happened if you had ordered Deicide ;)

btw,i loove my burzum digis
:)

Originally posted by Alfred
A deluxe limited-edition with thorns and nails made in Korea? :)

Alfred

If that is true then what would be the "bonus" stuff in grindcore bands digipacks, rotting human guts?

Originally posted by Melancholia
Imagine what would ahve happened if you had ordered Deicide ;)

btw,i loove my burzum digis
:)
:lol: i'd never buy a Deicide CD in the first place :p

I only have 2 Burzum digis, i wish i had more original CDs :cry: Our stores bring mostly crap or the good CDs are too expensive..

i don't want to make another thread I love LPs :D but i only have... hrmm *cough*3*cough* :rolleyes: :p

@Thanatos: Yep. The customer's ones, usually :)

Alfred (pondering whether there is some digipack somewhere from a band with some very nice female vocalist...)

Edit: Forgotten compass, sorry :)

Tanatos& Alfred@ Yuuuuck!! but if i was that lucky I could sell that lovely item and make money;) €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ :cool:

Originally posted by astarte
i don't want to make another thread I love LPs :D but i only have... hrmm *cough*3*cough* :rolleyes: :p

woooow!! me,too..i loooooove vinyls...more than my Burzum digipacks :p
which vinyls do you have astarte??

Björk - Telegram
Nurse With Wound - Thunder Perfect Mind --> superchupi i got this today :hotjump:

Metallica - The $5.98 EP. Garage Days Re-Revisited :rolleyes:

:cry:

I love digipacks too....so I'm one of the big pack who voted for them!
and well not only bonuses but also limited editions...you'll be able to find a haven cd always, but not a digipack anymore! (or at least not that's been used)
and well I don't have a cd tower....I use normal shelfs and well they, they just fit ;)

fathervic (available in digipack)

Originally signing out FV's post
desperately waiting for a woman to abuse me and amuse me with sharpened fingernails
Which is one of the best ways to ensure a digipack gets ruined in no time... ;)

Alfred (customer service)

I'll take the risk though ;)

Oh! my best digi.....mmmmnnnn my Haven is pure special but the most beautiful one I guess it's Sentenced's Crimsom...
If I had a burzum digipack I would have burnt it long ago, or at least stabbed it to death :p

Originally posted by Villain

Where did you say you lived again? :err: From now on I will accept only diamond cases. :loco:

Seriously, though, I like digipacks for the "feeling", but I'm so sad my Haven looks so mistreated nowadays. :cry:

So, I'll vote "no".

-Villain

Well you gotta take care of it. The first thing i did with my haven was rip the hole thing to mp3, type all the lyrics, take a long hard look at the art and all and put it away. My haven cd its like 100% flawless it doesnt has even the smallest scratch or damage on the digipak, its like too valuable to me to use it for hard working, specially with a pc and a burner at my disposal.

@nico16: lesson #3 - always finish your beer. :)

@mel: diary of dreams digipacks are made to serve man, with their ultra-sleek black-over-black design, you could actually toss 'em in the pool and i'd expect the digipacks to stay dry and the water to get coloured black. ;)

@alfred: bonus material in digipacks by bands with very proficient vocalists consists of asthma medicines. :D

rahvin.

Originally posted by phyre

Anyway, I don't have a problem with normal-sized digis, but something like this would annoy me:

That is annoying. How is that supposed to be filed among the other CDs? Ugh.

I don't have any digipacks... yet, so I haven't had a chance to see if they are good or bad. If they are made out of paper-cardboard stuff, I guess they would be okay if they were taken very good care of (stored properly, not thrown around, etc.). My best friend has a whole bunch of digipacks and they still look brand new after a few years. She takes great care of them (not letting anyone touch them and putting them away properly). :)

Another lesson: It may also prolong the life of the CDs and digipacks is to have them in a special area... like specific shelves just for them where food and other stuff is not allowed around. It is also good to put them away in their place after listening to them.

I am lucky since I always leave my CDs lying around with all this makeup stuff and perfume... and nothing has happened yet.