The DIY thread

Made my own cab with a Celestion G12 K-100 8 Ohm.
Closed back, and two sealable ports in front.
z6YnTn6.jpg

I haven't had time to compare them side by side unfortunately, but in itself I am very happy with it, feels clean and crisp and works very well to push a bit. I've mainly used it on guitar and snare so far.

Hope this isn't hijacking the thread to talk about pres! What DOA did you go for? I've got Gar2520's in my VP26's and the VP312's are getting the Gar1731's. Plan is to use the VP26's on the shells and 312's on overheads. The 1731's are supposed to be a bit smoother sounding.

Hope this isn't hijacking the thread to talk about pres! What DOA did you go for? I've got Gar2520's in my VP26's and the VP312's are getting the Gar1731's. Plan is to use the VP26's on the shells and 312's on overheads. The 1731's are supposed to be a bit smoother sounding.

We're still talking about DIY so I'd say it's on topic. :)

I have one Red Dot and one Blue Dot DOA that I currently have in two VP312s. All the others I have are Gar2520. I really can't say I've noticed any difference between any of them, so that's why I've been going with the Gar's (cheap, and pretty interesting to build). Might be cool to have a few 1731's in stock too though. The cool thing with all these is of course that they're so easy to swap!

I went for the Gar's as they were cheaper. I also enjoyed building them. I had read that they were fiddly to build, but I didn't think they were too bad.

The 312's have arrived in London, I reckon by the time they get through customs, it'll be next week.

I went for the Gar's as they were cheaper. I also enjoyed building them. I had read that they were fiddly to build, but I didn't think they were too bad.

The 312's have arrived in London, I reckon by the time they get through customs, it'll be next week.

Yeah that was my reasoning as well. With the first two pres I built I didn't dare to do the DOA because it looked insane. But I have a good Weller soldering station and bought a small, narrow tip for it and it was no problem. And since I didn't really notice any difference: no reason to pay 3x more for a Dot. :cool:

This clip sounded super good indeed ! Sent you a PM on Facebook :)

On topic, I plan on setting up a recording chain for vocals, bass, and guitars. So I plan on DIY builing a couple compressor and neve clones whenever I have some spare cash, and time, to do so !

Super nice looking Jarkko !

I will be building a G-SSL Bus Compressor (everything is ordered, I received the meter and the rest of the parts should arrive this week)

And when I'm done, I will be building a pair of Pultec EQP1a (from Drip electornics). I already have the PCBs.

Link to my build photo document of GSSL: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153210534103564.1073741836.520258563&type=1&l=1947ebb52b

Link to my build photo document of Pultecs: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153222669008564.1073741837.520258563&type=1&l=224d0399f2

haha did this two weeks ago and realized it fit this thread. i've had this musicman amp for years but i bought it stuffed in a 4x10 cab of another make. Finally got around to turning one $20 board into a shitty head case. Trust me, it's nowhere near as straight as it looks in the pic, but it works and is functional but that's what you get with a hand saw and an hour.

11098491_1560962280832307_747795497_n.jpg

PCBgrinder ships international. I'm in canada and it took like a couple days to get it here.