"The Drapery Falls" cover

Shard

The Unholy Thpoo
Dec 19, 2002
(UC)Santa Barbara, CA
So, it's finally done. Nocturnal Sun might re-do the verse leads if he wants to, but everything is there. Here you go: http://pa-ftp.net4bay.com/thpoo/media/12. The Drapery Falls.mp3

My girlfriend Adrianne did the clean vocals and I did the growls.

All the guitars are by me except for intro/outro leads and solo by Nocturnal Sun(Frank S.). Drums and bass are from a GuitarPro tab, bastardized into FL Studio 4.1

Enjoy :D

-Shard

P.S. Feel free to visit http://thpoo.insta-code.com for more fun stuff. :)

Katabasis: Thanks...Camel covers Opeth...damn, that would be interesting.

ggggggu: You sure do put some thought into your posts, don't you?

OK, fair enough, in your opinion, it's a bad cover. May I humbly ask the almighty ggggggu (whose musical taste far surpasses mine), why?

You don't have to answer, but it would mean a lot to me if you did.

Seriously.

Nice work, man. Even though it's not my favorite song, it's my top one to cover whenever I get my music together. I'm saving you guys on my playlist. If you have anymore songs, covers or your own, give me a link to them and I'll check them out. I'm always looking for new bands to listen to.

I'm listening to it right now. The only problem is the female vocals, their kinda hard to get used to. The growls are pretty good. The music aswell is good. You got me wanting to put my vocals up now, lol. Pretty good...

I know the female vocals are a bit weird. Originally someone else was supposed to do it, but he bailed. So Adrianne was sort of a last minute replacement. She thinks her vocals sound weird too. You're just lucky I'm not doing the clean vocals, because I can't really sing :D

Wow, I just checked this out for the fun of it and didn't expect much. . i must say you're a good musician! I agree, your girlfriend needs to go! No disrespect of course.. but it does make an interesting idea of how Opeth would sound like with a really good female vocalist!

Otherwise, Good work!