The End of SYL?

Yea I saw this too. Devin has always said this about Strapping Young Lad, and that it was always a complete joke. I remember once him saying that he can't wait for SYL to be over so he can get back to earth. I think this Ozzfest tour will bring them popularity that will demand another album or two.

I respect the fact that he has a young new born, and a new child on the way. He's right about that. When thats happening, that comes first.

Devin Townsend has surrounded himself with Music, and thats what he'll always be doing. Music. I don't forsee this as an end, just a prolonged vacation. I can't wait till I see what Gene has to say about it.

I wish Devin would release one new SYL album and one new solo album every year, but it won't happen. If his music needs to take a backseat to his personal life, it has to be that way. I would personally respect him more for chosing to be a father over a musician. Blood is thicker than water (or in the case of metal, booze)

Well if his heart is no longer in it, he should stop. How many bands can you name who have started churning out shit albums, or changed direction for the worse usually) due to a change in heart?

Of course, SYL is nothing without Devin, (as great as Gene and co are), and I can't imagine them continuing without him, just as Death couldn't without Chuck.

SYL have some killer albums, and they will be remembered for them.

Detox! :kickass:

AnvilSnake said:
Yea I saw this too. Devin has always said this about Strapping Young Lad, and that it was always a complete joke. I remember once him saying that he can't wait for SYL to be over so he can get back to earth. I think this Ozzfest tour will bring them popularity that will demand another album or two.

I respect the fact that he has a young new born, and a new child on the way. He's right about that. When thats happening, that comes first.

Devin Townsend has surrounded himself with Music, and thats what he'll always be doing. Music. I don't forsee this as an end, just a prolonged vacation. I can't wait till I see what Gene has to say about it.
I know someone who is close friends with Byron, bassist for SYL. I can confirm that SYL is indeed coming to an end this time.

I R HUGE SYL FAN!
I was informed by a friend of byron saying the same thing. Could be a hiatus, but don't keep your hopes up.

:(

metalskater7 said:
SYL blows.
I will take your rhapsody-loving man boobies, cut them off with a leather belt, stuff them up your ass and into your lungs, and then make you smoke your own nipples, while you try to have sex with a llama, then push your penis into your asshole, where you will then cum in your ass, and then impregnate yourself.

9 months later, we have a retarded, llama-james halfbreed, who likes rhapsody.

and by the way, SYL does not suck.