The fate of Arcturus

PrinnyD00d

Everyone's Bitch
Feb 8, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA USA
Visit site
So, all I've heard is that Garm left Arcturus, which kind of left me with some questions. Are Arcturus planning to continue making music, and if so do they have any ideas as to a new singer? Why did he leave the band in the first place? (etc.) True, I could probably look this stuff up but I figured it was worth having a discussion about. Also, how do you guys think Arcturus will turn out without him? etc, etc, etc...

Yes, the guy from Spiral Architect is he successor. As to why he left, the rest of the band wanted to become a "regular" band and maybe play some lives, something G. isn't interested in. Besides that with all the releases of Ulver coming up and the work in Jester Records he seems quite busy.
In my opinion the music of Arcturus won't change that much since it was Sverd who wrote the music anyway. It won't be the same but I'll wait to see what the future holds. At least we'll get to hear Sverd's music more often.

Garm was the mind... Arcturus aren't a regular band anyway. I think that they will fuck up their music if they start to change it dramatically... I don't know, I may be wrong... Time shall tell....

I got the impression Garm wasn't too happy to be leaving Arcturus, but couldn't spare the time.
To be honest, I'm not sure how interested I am in any future Arcturus albums without him, I mean they do have really good music, but the main appeal of that band to me has always been the vocals. I dunno, time will tell I guess.......

Reactions: Jo
Maztema is very good singer. he will do good job for Arcturus. of course i can't imagine Arcturus without Garm, but we'll see... anyway, i want Arcturus as regular band. Garm don't like metal nowadays, so it was good decision :)

I am glad that fuckin portugese arab Garm left Arcturus. Now they can start to create original music again like in My Angel times.

Garm must continue only with ULVER becouse the stuff they do now it's very great and deserve full attention not only from the metal masses.

I was honestly hoping that Ihsahn would be Garm's "replacement". I know it sounds far fetched but he would have fit in nicely. As for this Matzema guy, I had the Spiral Architect CD but quickly sold it based solely in his weak vocals. I cannot stand full on high pitched shit like that and in my opinion he had no range whatsoever. Just the same kicked in the balls tone. If that guy can't pull off anything more than wailing like a bitch, than I see no point in purchasing any future Arcturus albums.

NP: Katatonia- Viva Emptiness

Ol' Dirty Bastard said:
I was honestly hoping that Ihsahn would be Garm's "replacement". I know it sounds far fetched but he would have fit in nicely. As for this Matzema guy, I had the Spiral Architect CD but quickly sold it based solely in his weak vocals. I cannot stand full on high pitched shit like that and in my opinion he had no range whatsoever. Just the same kicked in the balls tone. If that guy can't pull off anything more than wailing like a bitch, than I see no point in purchasing any future Arcturus albums.

you should listen Lunaris. i also don't like Maztema's vocals in Spiral Architect, but he is great in Lunaris :)

Garm stated that he was in Acturus as a side project and when the others wanted to get serious by practicing three times a week, he couldnt commit to that, so he left.

kontan said:
Garm was the mind... Arcturus aren't a regular band anyway. I think that they will fuck up their music if they start to change it dramatically... I don't know, I may be wrong... Time shall tell....
CRITICALTOM: Are you also the mastermind behind Arcturus?

GARM: No, the keyboard player in Arcturus is the main songwriter. I?ve been more of a producer. But the last album was heavily retouched by me, though.

Demonspell said:
Yes, Oyvind does death vocals in Lunaris...I don't know if Sverd will want to utilize them, though...

If I remember correctly, Sverd tried to convince Garm to do the growls on Radical Cut, but he refused and they brought in Ihsahn for it instead.. so I guess Sverd isn't against growls ;)

But of course, that was just on one song..