Arcturus splitting up?

Morfeind

Dec 8, 2004

This is kind of old news but I haven't seen a thread about it on this forum. I'm very disappointed as Arcturus is one of my favorite bands. I know a lot of you didn't like the band after Garm left but I still felt they sounded good with Simen and wished for a bright future. Thoughts?

Dear Patrons

After an exceptionally successful Australian tour, Arcturus, decided to call it quits after their last show which was in Melbourne. This took all of us at Just Say Rock Productions, and no doubt, a lot of people in Australia and around the world by complete surprise and in a little bit of shock.

The reason? The band just thought that the time was right, the moment had come and that due to their tour of Australia being so successful they wanted to go out on top. Coming straight from the band, they state that the Australian tour was one of their greatest highlights and they rated their Melbourne show as one of their all time memorable all round events.

Although saddened by the news, we were proud to know that Arcturus decided that the moment had come while in Australia due to the success of the tour. On behalf of Arcturus, they want to thank all that came out to see them live, meet with them, and share in what was to be their very last ever tour together. For the record, they loved Australia and it's people.

On behalf of Just Say Rock Productions, we would like to thank all members of Arcturus for making this a most memorable tour for us. Just like the band, we would like to thank all patrons that attended the shows across Australia and hope that they made as big an impression on you as they did on us.

For those that missed out on an Arcturus tour shirt we have only a small number left in stock. They will be on the Just Say Rock website (www.justsayrock.com.au) shortly. Metal Mayhem has some for sale already. Without doubt, these shirts will now be collectors items and they will be part of history.

After the shock announcement from the band, they all got together and personally signed only a handful of tour shirts. These will be available only from our site and they are strictly limited and are an absolute must for any fan and collector.

Warm Regards,

The Just Say Rock Team

I think its a good thing. They were starting to lose inspiration and instead of dragging it out for years, they decided to end it on the high note of the Australian tour. Good for them I say.

Great band, a band that could have probably thrown out another great album. Good for them to call it quits before their careers were dragged out.

What really bothers me is that they were never able to tour North America. If they had done that and recorded another album with Simen (one that was actually meant for him) than I would feel better.

This news makes me very sad indeed. Arcturus were awesome. It makes me angry with myself for not seeing them twice when they played in London over the past couple of years.

aspera..., la masquerade infernale , and sham mirrors are all brilliant masterpieces (especially masquerade) but the newest one didnt hold my interest. i was way more bummed about garm leaving than the rest of them calling it quits.