the favorite pink floyd

A Leaf said:
^ i agree with most of the above :cool:
plus i like the song sorrow. i like late pink floyd gilmour stuff as much as the early stuff, i listen to the division bell very much.
what oooooold stuff are you talking about then?

and gimme waters anyday! :yell: high hopes :erk: ffs!!! bring me back to life. :oops::err: come on!!!!!:yuk: :ill: :erk: :puke:

right time to plug my mates pink floyd site.. check out

www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk its great and theres a really good forum. loadsa info and people from allover the world talking about everything and everything to do with floyd and loadsa other things.

I cant decide what album I like best or what song I like best.

Any of the Scousers going to see the Australian pink floyd next saturday in town? Im going its apparantly a pretty good show. Then its simple Minds next saturday. Not bad at all!

Mariner said:
what oooooold stuff are you talking about then?

and gimme waters anyday! :yell: high hopes :erk: ffs!!! bring me back to life. :oops::err: come on!!!!!:yuk: :ill: :erk: :puke:
:tickled: ok easy pal!!! i wont get into this waters-gilmour-barret discussion again. it's no good! look at the women who hate other women thread and look how long it is. you don't wanna get into this :p
let me embrace pink floyd as a whole..

So, that song Shine On You Crazy Diamond has been on my mind for weeks now, seems I'm finally starting to fully appreciate Floyd, up until a year ago, it was only really The Wall and, ehem, The Division Bell, I'd really enjoyed, and I only owned a few albums. Finally found most of their older albums on sale and with time I'm getting into them. Just thought I'd let you know.

Doesn't really feel that cool to be going "shiiine ooon you crazy diaaamond" inside your head when you're out in public though :erk:

I have Comfortably Numb in my mind since Monday, for my literature teacher said it is a good song to search for retorical figures in it. ohho, I'm gonna freak him to hell if I'll have time for such analysings :p
...but maybe not... maybe it would just kill the song... (just like listening to a song second-to-second to be able to write it down, wahh I don't like it)

The Wall is the best album of Pink Floyd, if it ain't the best album ever.

any of you people saw the film of The Wall once?
well, that's an amazing good film..
142319.jpg

You are The Wall
Life isn't truly real for you, life simply trudges by as if it's not your own. Your desperate for change, and longing for escape. Truly you are depressed, and sometimes receed your anger only to let it shine at the worst moments.

marginalé said:
The Wall is the best album of Pink Floyd, if it ain't the best album ever.

any of you people saw the film of The Wall once?
well, that's an amazing good film..
142319.jpg

Nope, but I bought it for someone as a present :)

I'd watch it now though.

I have the dvd with this interview afterwards with Waters and the instructor, where they're discussing how dissapointed they were at the outcome of that film.

Obviously I liked it, otherwise I wouldn't have it.

I heard the schoolgirls&boys in the film want to sue the band now, because they didn't get enough money for their performances in the film... is it called late reaction? :ill:

if by instructor you mean alan parker, then read bob geldofs biography. Parker basically had waters kicked off the set by security and banned from returning because he was throwing so many tantrums. It was a mess apparently

Strange, they seemed good bodies and in full agreement about the crappiness of the film in that interview, will check if it was him later

It was animator Gerald Scarfe complaining that Alan Parker took over and Waters actually talks about falling out with people and the making of it actually being no fun and painful, so no make up for cameras