The first "this band should be at next years prog power" thread

Azrael LenGraden said:
Primal Fear
Evergrey
Enchant
Threshold
Vanden Plas
Chris Caffery

Caffery's new CD is awesome and he has finally emerged as true metal veteran!

Wouldnt it be great if ProgPower was twice a year!!!!

Great choices - Hell YES from me for ENCHANT, THRESHOLD (who I missed not being able to catch PP3 and almost went on a rampage because of that), Vanden Plas, adn EVERGREY. There can NEVER be too much EVERGREY at this festival. Ever.

There is definitely alot of pure POWER represented at the past few shows so I would really love to see ENCHANT get a shot to play next year - they certainly aren't as heavy as someone like Evergrey but they can definitely rock OUT and they put on a hell of an awesome show - I caught their DVD gig back in March in California and was BLOWN AWAY.

ENCHANT is my top request for PPVI.

(Hey - just how DO you 'sponsor' a band anyways?)

Damn, all you people and your good music!! (not to be read as a "curse")

From the majority of people I got to talk to, I think Sonata NEEDS to be at 6.
Though I didn't totally get into Into Eternity, I think it was only because I'd never heard them before. I really would like to see some melodic/progressive death type stuff there. Kalmah, Vintersorg or the like.

Now aside from Sonata, Metalmilita2000 hit my number one request on the head with MANTICORA, followed by Evergrey

Eventually I'm thinking that this festival is going to have to be expanded another day. probably by PPXV it'll be a week long show, and maybe theming it by day... one all prog, all power,... well, ok, i guess other than all prog and all power, you can mix most any other subgenre together with prog or power :D

Sonata Arctica for sure.
Magnitude Nine would be cool too.
I'd personally like to see After Forever and Within Temptation
Of course, Ayreon/Star One.
Nightingale
The Lord Weird Slough Feg too.

Kotipelto would be awsome...so would a return of Angra or Rage. I'd also love to see Persuader do an opening spot...they'd be the PP6 show stealers for sure.

edit: lets add TREASURE LAND to the list...did anyone hear them played over the PA in between sets?

Is it okay to list Sonata Arctica...again?

FREEDOM FUCKING CALL
HEAVEN-FUCKING-LY

Dream Evil, Primal Fear, Jag Panzer, Rob Rock, Masterplan, Powerquest, Dragonforce

Any one of the above and I'm there!!!
FREEDOM CALL
HEAVENLY

dtfanatic said:
ANDROMEDA AND ZERO HOUR
ANDROMEDA AND ZERO HOUR
ANDROMEDA AND ZERO HOUR

Okay, 3 times is enough, no waitaminute, it's not.

ANDROMEDA AND ZERO HOUR

:)

Definitely, ANDROMEDA! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

and Prymary! (shameless plug ;) )

Thor Intrepid said:
Mike, were you handing out sampler CDs of your band and another? I have got to dig through my free stash when I get home, but I remember getting a CD that had two bands on it with three songs each (a CD-R).

THOR,
That was last year; but it was all Prymary. Check to see if you got one. This year we went to help out Glen and Chris with all the stage set up. Good luck with Ezra Stone also. Later,

p.s. I would also like to see Enchant at PP VI. Perfect choice.

My first choice? Look at my avatar :Smug:

U.D.O. - face it, we've talked about it elsewhere. Lots of people agree - it could work in our favor, with Peter Baltes and Wolf Hoffman living here stateside... :D

also, any band that Gus G is involved in would be great! - Mystic Prophecy, Firewind, the list goes on... :worship:

Overlorde!!!

The Ring!!

Heimdall!

hrmmm... I'm sure I could think of more later...

as far returning bands...

Blind Guardian, Gamma Ray, Tad Morose, Brainstorm, Steel Prophet (the last minute pleasant surprise at PP2!)...

~Hoyt.

Evergrey
Nightwish
Fates Warning
Mercenary
Helloween
Silent Force
Symphony X
Threshold

these are my pics for next year. if i had to pick one that i would most like to see it would be Nightwish.