The foulest night I had to contend with in quite some time!!!

That's why I just assumed to leave the show after Amon Amarth but everyone else wants to hang around and watch Children of Bottom. It'll be an OzzFest crowd.

we ARE going upfront for Gojira no?

the average dude would probably peg him square in the back of the knee

last Slayer show I went upfront ... all the little kiddies were tapping me on the shoulder wanting to give them a lift to get air time

It only descends further into mallcore hell from here...Gojira just signed on at the bottom of a bill with Lamb Of God, Trivium, and Machine Head. :eek:

good for Gojira ... they deserve to get bigger ... but that is one jumdafuckup lineup as much as I actually dig LOG (although the last disc sucked)

Gojira are far more "philosophical" lyrically than the average shitty metalcore band ... the type of stuff that can only get them to certain levels.

I predict Mastodon dissapearing into oblivion after the next release.

I'd go to that LoG, Trivium, Machine Head and Gojira show - LoG are awesome and put on a great gig, I do have a soft spot for Trivium and the two shows of theirs I've seen have been pretty good, Machine Head - well, it's fucking Machine Head - seriously, The Burning Red and Supercharger aside, how can anyone say they don't rule? And Gojira goes without saying.

Blahh. Tonight was simply a ghastly experience to behold. We arrived at the venue in what we thought was sufficient time to catch Gojira. Turns out that they went on earlier than expected and we caught all of 2 minutes of their performance. It was at this time that I weighed my options. Would sitting through an hour of "death core" cocksuckery be worth watching Behemoth shill merchandise, or would I be better off cutting my losses and waiting in the car? Against my better judgment I stood through Job For A Cowboy's 8 song 1 riff extravaganza. The people that ventured in to witness this performance made me yelp to the firmament above. Ninja spin kickers, fat goth chicks, a Billy Corgan doppleganger dressed in a gothic cowboy outfit, three teens decked in shatty corpse paint. We debated on whether we should confront them with why they face fucked a kit of maybelline. So I walked up to the one kid whose face was plastered with this permanent marker...

RIA: Why are you wearing corpsepaint?
Poor Schmuck: I dunno
RIA: Bro, look at who's on stage, Job For A Cowboy. Kind of defeats the purpose does it not?
Poor Schmuck <Teary Eyed>

I felt like dick at this point, but fuck, somebody needs to educate these neophytes.

So Job For a Koko B Ware. trudges along aimlessly for another 50 minutes and we stand their as if we were in line for the dentist. Who listens to this shit?!!

The only real highlight of the night came when Mike sarcastically yelled out "Job for a Cowboy" and he was answered by corpulent bint who called him a "germ".

Must be JfaC's equivalent of "maggot". :ill:

I can only imagine how monotonous the occasion would have been if I were dressed in nut hugging pantaloons and toe restricting hide.

Sandals + Shorts = Blitzkrieg :kickass:

Also, if you caught Behemoth, kindly see if you can attempt to explain the reasoning why they're closing their tour set with a shitty Turbonegro cover?

We left before Behemoth was done with their set. These guys are a bad parody of themselves. When negarl said "this next song is about no compromise", I couldn't help but laugh. These guys are the epitome of selling out. Their merchandise stand was more varied than the goth wall at hot topic.

Quote of the night...

Nergal: Fuck Jesus Christ, I don't care if this upsets you, but if it does I'm sorry, please buy a shirt.

The night wasn't totally lost, Inferno did a brilliant drum solo on Nergal's forehead.

Did I mention that this gig was sponsored by Hurley and had a Nintendo Wii towards the rear of the venue? Apostasy indeed, they've cashed in their principles for good ole fashion currency.

When negarl said "this next song is about no compromise", I couldn't help but laugh. These guys are the epitome of selling out. Their merchandise stand was more varied than the goth wall at hot topic.

Nergal: Fuck Jesus Christ, I don't care if this upsets you, but if it does I'm sorry, please buy a shirt.

Did I mention that this gig was sponsored by Hurley and had a Nintendo Wii towards the rear of the venue? Apostasy indeed, they've cashed in their principles for good ole fashion currency.
indeed, behemoth rate 4 dicks in the ass out of 5 on the "rhetoric vs reality" scale

not sure if you guys saw the "making of" The Apostasy ... but it would answer a lot of your questions ...
its business as usual with these guys ... they come from the Simmons school of marketing ... which is not a bad thing really ... but their music doesn't do much for me

I won't even bother with them live anymore... when I first saw them on their first trip to the US, the set was dark and gritty, pure fucking awesome...

Next time it was alright.

After that, really started to go downhill, rock-star attitudes etc. and now they play the same setlist for 4 tours in a year, and are overly just unimpressive live.

Man I remember the first time I saw them. I guess it was the Zos... tour. Tiny ass little club in downtown provi, they were fuckin brutal. Second time was awesome too, for demigod. In the upstairs of the Palladium (another small venue). I can imagine that they'd suckify now though for some reason.