The Gallery question...

justvisiting02

New Metal Member
Feb 15, 2003
Visit site
hmm... i just bought "the gallery" a few weeks ago and just noticed this tonight, does everyone else's say "Denspring" on the back instead of "Edenspring"? :err:

can someone please explain to me the multirelease thing? i take it there were several prints for each album, but i don't know the fundamental stuff i.e. what are the specific tracks or special features accruing to each of them. since i plan to buy all dt stuff in a single bundle, possibly via amazon since it is hard to find the oldies here, i'd love to know which versions are better. thanks!

The only difference worth knowing is that there is an Euro version of Skydancer/Of Chaos and Eternal Night and an US one. The only difference is the packaging, i.e different cover and booklet. There are also digi versions of the last three studio albums, but they're not different in any way (besides the first print of Projector, which came with Exposure). I've heard of some people who have bought the Damage Done jewelcase, and it didn't come with I, Deception. Don't know about that however, as all of the people I know with it also have I, Deception.

There are also various Korean and Jap editions of the CD's, but this probably isn't applicable.

i'm not the ultimate authority in the field, but:

- both the older demos and skydancer don't feature any area-specific bonus tracks. you're not going to find the original skydancer release around anymore: the re-releases come "in bundle" with the mcd of chaos and eternal night. there's the european version (same cover as old skydancer plus black triangle announcing the mcd as "bonus tracks", but they really aren't that bonus), and then there's the american release, which has new artwork by niklas but exactly the same content.

- there are 2 versions of the gallery (content-wise, i.e., regardless of some typos being corrected on one or the other), the standard and the bonus-tracked limited edition which featured 2 cover songs, "sacred reich" by the band with the same name, and "bringer of torture" by kreator. you're not likely to find it anywhere. then the korean release messed up things featuring "sacred reich" and archetype. but, as i said, this was release later. you can find that somewhere if you're lucky.

- there's just one version of the mind's i, except for the extra-limited first edition that's got no bonus tracks anyway. however, just to confuse you some more, the korean version features razorfever, shadowlit façade and "bringer of torture" as bonus tracks, so you can actually get both cover songs recorded for the gallery if you manage to find the korean releases.

- there's just one release of esa, and it's the one you're holding in your hands. :)

- projector came with and without a bonus track, "exposure". that's tricky, because copies with that song apparently were put out totally at random somewhere around europe, and nowhere on the cover or booklet it says whether "exposure" is featured or not. cd's with exposure on are orange on the surface instead of dark brown, though. :rolleyes: exposure was also featured on at least a couple of century media collections.

- haven japanese version has "cornered" as a bonus track. that's the only way to "legally" get that song.

- damage done japanese version has "the poison well" as a bonus track, but lacks "i, deception", which is instead on all the copies for the western world.

rahvin.

Reactions: jester00
Heh, rahvin explained it far better. :)

EDIT: Do you know about the I, Deception thing? The band was originally calling it an Euro/US bonus track, which was only supposed to appear on the digi and the LP, but it seems to be on every jewelcase copy too. Strange that it wasn't on the review promo though.

@prince_in_red: thanks. :) anyway, i'm joking, being judged makes me nervous ;)

@ormir: i've never heard of anybody who doesn't have i, deception on the european or american version of dd. i've seen some 10 different copies of dd, in a couple of countries, and they all had that song.

rahvin.

@rahvin,some infos about projector,your right that
on the digipack theres nothing mentioned about exposure,theres just a different cd with exposure as last bonustrack.but there was a sticker with the tourdates on it and on some copies had a second sticker which told the people about the extra content

solefald said:
but there was a sticker with the tourdates on it and on some copies had a second sticker which told the people about the extra content

Yeah, but according to Niklas, there actually were some copies of Projector with the sticker about bonus-track but without Exposure! :zombie: Anyways, it appears that Exposure can't be found on any jewel-case versions, but only on digipaks (with or without a sticker).

Also, there has been mentions of a version of The Mind's I that features the full Enter Suicidal Angels -material as a bonus, ie. Razorfever, Shadowlit Facade and Archetype (and no cover-songs). I have always assumed that this was some kind of limited-edition US-release by Osmose, although I have never actually found any proof to that.

-Villain

Reactions: Naku ist krig
You all gave me a headache, what a mess! :zombie:

I need the covers of "sacred reich" and "bringer of torture", how could i ignore their existence? :eek:

i never heard exposure :cry:
i will try to download it now, and i'm buying any cd version i can get my hands on next week anyway... i will also try to get some peer-to-peer software on my computer at university tomorrow, but i don't think i will be allowed :(

@rahvin: But you're online only in the morning, and i'm online only at night.. :(

Siren (the other side of the moon)

Siren said:
@rahvin: But you're online only in the morning, and i'm online only at night.. :(

Siren (the other side of the moon)

only in the morning?? :eek:
i'm online from sunup to sundown, at the very least. it's true that i tend to stay away from the computer after midnight cet, because otherwise you'd be looking for my eyeballs under your bed pretty soon, but i'm sure we can arrange something for one of these days if you get online by 10:30pm cet.
i'll meet you there, where the moon casts its pale shadow. :p

rahvin. (the same side of town)

@rahvin: Thanks a lot for the offer, teh fluffy bunney was faster and provided me already. :)

Siren (halausssssssss)