The 'geek/nerd/anime/comics/etc.' thread

Bastard... :bah:

Bastard is an understatement. It's not fair, the series has been going on for SOOOOOOO long it's really about bloody time to start the conclusion. I just hope Miura-san doesn't die on us and finishes the series, which I've been following for say, 10 years. Imagine how the ones that follow it since 1989 feel? :p :( . The recent chapters have been good, actually, but I'm just wondering how the heck is Griffith's Unholy Army (I just called it that, but that's not the name :p) going to be defeated hehe. I guess it'll be Guts vs Griffith and Guts' friends vs Griffith's friends. But what about The Godo Hando? I'm just so scared that the series won't be concluded.

QFT.

I've just finished High School of the dead. Nice and funny but nothing mindblowing. Still, if you like zombies being beaten all the time and girls with huge breasts, you should enjoy it.

I saw 5 minutes of the first ep., then proceeded to delete the rest of the episodes from my computer. Even if the animation seemed decent enough, I hate anime with women with huge breasts. That's stuff is more for teens, I'm surprised you watched it :p .

Just saw "Paranoia Agent" (all 13 ep.). Damn, that was weird. Weird, but great. Weird, but funny. You can replace those "weirds" with "crazy" if you want it.

My favourite episode? #8 :lol:, really, really funny hahahaha.

I liked the philosophy behind the Bat Guy, excellent series for sure ;)

Did you see Shigurui? that's a quite weird Samurai story. Tons of blood, some weird sexual content, great graphics, twisted plot.

I started to see with my Gf Night Head Genesis once again.

to fulfill at least one of my New Years resolutions in the last week of this year, i got myself a new computer finally!! ^^ it was 2 days ago and wow, i'm still in a cultural shock :lol: i'm a creature of habit, and hell i miss my bookmarks, i can't find any of my stuff and i need to learn Photoshop and 3ds max anew because i was lagging 4-5 versions behind and now it all looks like something completely different :loco:

I liked the philosophy behind the Bat Guy, excellent series for sure ;)

Did you see Shigurui? that's a quite weird Samurai story. Tons of blood, some weird sexual content, great graphics, twisted plot.

I started to see with my Gf Night Head Genesis once again.

Yeah, as always with Kon there's more than meets the eye.

Nope, I haven't seen a 侍 series in AGES! I saw Sword of the Stranger, thinking it might be decent enough (since I only heard good things about it) but it was a total fiasco; I hated it.

to fulfill at least one of my New Years resolutions in the last week of this year, i got myself a new computer finally!! ^^ it was 2 days ago and wow, i'm still in a cultural shock :lol: i'm a creature of habit, and hell i miss my bookmarks, i can't find any of my stuff and i need to learn Photoshop and 3ds max anew because i was lagging 4-5 versions behind and now it all looks like something completely different :loco:

But you can keep your bookmarks, just transfer the file from the old computer into the new one.

What're you doing in 3DSMax? I use Blender. :)
blender has most hideous UI! :guh: i downloaded it once a few years ago for my thesis, i had hard time figuring out even how the view controls work :guh: but yeah, since it's free and almost as good, or so they say, so why not. I learned Max at college and has been using it for 5 years. But the 2011 version is something completely different, it took me forever to figure out where the normal material editor went, so it feels a bit like a different program :(

But now we can paint with layered PSD files in the viewports, i want to learn that! :D it can save me hours of work making the textures seamless ^^

Do you make complex models in Blender? I think if i had to choose to learn a 3D software from scratch i would go for Maya...
But you can keep your bookmarks, just transfer the file from the old computer into the new one.
except i only have 1 screen and everything is already in place and tidied up on my desk, don't feel like tearing it apart once again :( i think i'll connect the old pc to the tv to copy bookmarks and brushes and stuff, since it seems to be less destructive hehe

except i only have 1 screen and everything is already in place and tidied up on my desk, don't feel like tearing it apart once again :( i think i'll connect the old pc to the tv to copy bookmarks and brushes and stuff, since it seems to be less destructive hehe

OK :p .

Allfader: Shigurui. Oh rayos. Oh rayos. ¡¡¡Me encanta, ya voy por el ep. 3!!!

I'm actually thinking of including it in my proposal for "Graphic novels 101" course.

Whiiiiich in turn leaaaaaads me to anooooother topic: If you can think of any "essential" graphic novels (comics, 漫画, BD, whatever) that should be included in a corpus let me know. I already have a few, but suggestions are necessary and more than welcome.

ありがとう!San kyu!

PS:

今侍になりたいけど侍が死んだ。

OK :p .

Allfader: Shigurui. Oh rayos. Oh rayos. ¡¡¡Me encanta, ya voy por el ep. 3!!!

I'm actually thinking of including it in my proposal for "Graphic novels 101" course.

Whiiiiich in turn leaaaaaads me to anooooother topic: If you can think of any "essential" graphic novels (comics, 漫画, BD, whatever) that should be included in a corpus let me know. I already have a few, but suggestions are necessary and more than welcome.

ありがとう!San kyu!

PS:

今侍になりたいけど侍が死んだ。

Man, I watched Shigurui and it was top notch. I'm a Kendoka and it was all I was looking for, hahahaha. "El sueño del pibe", como quien dice. Maybe I need a chambara with such violence and I'll reach Nirvana!

Anata no nihongo wa sugoi desu, by the way!

Man, I watched Shigurui and it was top notch. I'm a Kendoka and it was all I was looking for, hahahaha. "El sueño del pibe", como quien dice. Maybe I need a chambara with such violence and I'll reach Nirvana!

Anata no nihongo wa sugoi desu, by the way!

Ahhh I wish I could practise kendo, I've been wanting to do it for a while now. I shall look into that more thoroughly tomorrow.

どうも:D、あんたは日本語を勉強しますか?

blender has most hideous UI! :guh: i downloaded it once a few years ago for my thesis, i had hard time figuring out even how the view controls work :guh: but yeah, since it's free and almost as good, or so they say, so why not. I learned Max at college and has been using it for 5 years. But the 2011 version is something completely different, it took me forever to figure out where the normal material editor went, so it feels a bit like a different program :(

But now we can paint with layered PSD files in the viewports, i want to learn that! :D it can save me hours of work making the textures seamless ^^

Do you make complex models in Blender? I think if i had to choose to learn a 3D software from scratch i would go for Maya...
Yeah Blender used to have a terrible UI, it got totally changed in 2.5 and it's pretty amazing now. 2.5 is still in beta though, but it's stable and I use it. http://www.blender.org/download/get-254-beta/

I used to make models alot, not so much anymore since I do alot more coding now. But I make models for games.

Just finished the シグルイ (Shigurui) anime. Best samurai series I've seen in a loooong time. It's probably the best since Ninja Scroll to be honest. The manga is not downloading fast enough….

Loved it, absolutely loved it. More comments later, as I'm seeing blood everywhere ;) .

Just finished the シグルイ (Shigurui) anime. Best samurai series I've seen in a loooong time. It's probably the best since Ninja Scroll to be honest. The manga is not downloading fast enough….

Loved it, absolutely loved it. More comments later, as I'm seeing blood everywhere ;) .

I love animes, could you tell me some good animes? :wave:

Hmmm all Ghost in the Shell (everything, basically anything by Masamune Shirow) Satoshi Kon (everything), Akira, Ninja Scroll (1), Metropolis (both anime and original movie –I need to see the new remastered edition–), Escaflowne, Evangelion (overrated, but still mind-blowing when it came out), Lone Wolf and Cub (best samurai manga ever. Really, ever.), Jin-Roh, Appleseed, Roujin Z, Spriggan, Mizo no Kotoba, Pale Cocoon, Toki wo Kakero Shoujo, Blood the Last Vampire, etc.; this should keep you busy for a while hahaha:p .

Hmmm all Ghost in the Shell (everything, basically anything by Masamune Shirow) Satoshi Kon (everything), Akira, Ninja Scroll (1), Metropolis (both anime and original movie –I need to see the new remastered edition–), Escaflowne, Evangelion (overrated, but still mind-blowing when it came out), Lone Wolf and Cub (best samurai manga ever. Really, ever.), Jin-Roh, Appleseed, Roujin Z, Spriggan, Mizo no Kotoba, Pale Cocoon, Toki wo Kakero Shoujo, Blood the Last Vampire, etc.; this should keep you busy for a while hahaha:p .

haha thks :D Now im finishing yu yu hakusho for the third time * I love yu yu hakusho haha especially the fights with sensui* and im currently watching one piece, but i already saw some good animes like elfen lied, school rumble (for me the funniest school anime of all time haha) blood+..etc

Sigurðr;9581331 said:
haha thks :D Now im finishing yu yu hakusho for the third time * I love yu yu hakusho haha especially the fights with sensui* and im currently watching one piece, but i already saw some good animes like elfen lied, school rumble (for me the funniest school anime of all time haha) blood+..etc

Don't bother watching One Piece, it's worthless.

Don't bother watching One Piece, it's worthless.

I saw like 50 chapters... a One Piece of trash.

Jigoku Shoujo is a shameless ripoff from Vampire Princess Miyu. @Sigurd: if you wanna see a REALLY great series, look for it. In fact, you'll see that series was really influential on the modern anime thrillers.