The 'geek/nerd/anime/comics/etc.' thread

A fun, albeit silly, past-time (and I don't know how many of you have already tried it); go to google translater, set the setting from german to turkish, and type ä 15 times. I was pretty confused and amused by the result (but then again, I'm sick as a dog right now, so I don't know how reliable my judgement is on this...)

A fun, albeit silly, past-time (and I don't know how many of you have already tried it); go to google translater, set the setting from german to turkish, and type ä 15 times. I was pretty confused and amused by the result (but then again, I'm sick as a dog right now, so I don't know how reliable my judgement is on this...)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA WTF?!?!?!?!?!?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

How did you find out about this? :lol:

I've just seen Pet Shop of Horrors once again. Currently reading Ippo chapter #919. I'm looking for Angel Heart, the alternative sequel for City Hunter. I saw it back in 2008 (I think so) but I saw it online.

Oh! and I've got the whole Urotsukidoji saga :p

I've just bought the first Yotsuba book as a birthday present for a friend. We are both great Kiyohiko Azuma fans, and even though we have both already read it on the net, it seemed like the perfect gift.

And a small question to all fellow nerds in here: is there anyone who can tell me what exactly is the difference between the newest editions of Neon Genesis Evangelion?
I mean, I love the series, but now I have already bought it on VHS, and then upgraded the whole thing with a great looking collectors box on DVD. Is it really necesary to go out and buy it all again for the third time around?

As far as I remember, the new editions are the real finished product. There are more scenes which explains a good share of things and the final is the real deal. I've got the blu-ray editions looks AWESOME.

. If an Evangelion fan should choose just 1 package to buy, is this one. Hope it helps

I've just bought the first Yotsuba book as a birthday present for a friend. We are both great Kiyohiko Azuma fans, and even though we have both already read it on the net, it seemed like the perfect gift.

And a small question to all fellow nerds in here: is there anyone who can tell me what exactly is the difference between the newest editions of Neon Genesis Evangelion?
I mean, I love the series, but now I have already bought it on VHS, and then upgraded the whole thing with a great looking collectors box on DVD. Is it really necesary to go out and buy it all again for the third time around?

Meh never liked his work very much to be honest (Azuma).

Concerning Eva, I'm not sure if it's worth it, sure the new versions are great, but you can easily download them. I'd sell the DVD edition and get a BD one.

Did you see 2.22?

Oh mate, it's perfect.

This year 3.0. will be released, and I can't wait!

Haha SinFest is simply the best comic strip of the decade:

2011-03-23.gif

You know…

Evangelion: 3.0​ (ヱヴァンゲリヲン新劇場版:Q Quickening, Evangerion Shin Gekijōban: Kyū Kuikkuningu). Should be out this year, they release one evey two years.

I hope it doesn't get redundant and a mere cash-grabbing release.

I hope it doesn't get redundant and a mere cash-grabbing release.

I can tell that you haven't seen the other ones, since you've NO idea what you're talking about :p . It's not a re-release, nor even the series in HD and summarised (see DB Kai). No, it's an entire new series, with perfect, state of the art animation, different plot, new characters, new EVAs and new Angels.

And yes, Shinji is not a bloody emo anymore! :Spin:

Djöfull;9738800 said:
I've heard about hentai, but I don't seem interested in that stuff, seems like stuff for teenagers or very nerdy people. Not that I've read any of it.

Ahh.. you in a former life..:err:

The for Dummies books are cool. Good introduction regarding issues. Can't see it at the library search engine though. :(

But hentai's aweeeesooooome ;)

EDIT: Image removed because of almost-explicit content.

OK so that's more ecchi thane hentai, but it still turns me on hahaha.

Sigurðr;9739637 said:
turned onnn yay, its cartoon but damn..they are hot

Oh yeah, hoooooot! <pervy/>

http://media.photobucket.com/image/Hentai/shyguy18/hentai-3.jpg

EDIT:

OH LOOK! Happy 4K post anniversary to me! I guess that, with the previous account, I'm around 7.5K posts haha.

I can tell that you haven't seen the other ones, since you've NO idea what you're talking about :p . It's not a re-release, nor even the series in HD and summarised (see DB Kai). No, it's an entire new series, with perfect, state of the art animation, different plot, new characters, new EVAs and new Angels.

And yes, Shinji is not a bloody emo anymore! :Spin:

Still, is very tiring to see remakes, plot modifications and small changes for a series that it's not the alpha and the omega on the anime universe. I like it a lot and that's why I got the you are (not) alone/ you can (not) advance stuff but the fact that they can't finish the damn series once and for all is that something happens. I'll download it and see how is it but that's all.

Still, itis very tiring to see remakes, plot modifications and small changes for a series that it's not the alpha and the omega on the anime universe. I like it a lot and that's why I got the you are (not) alone/ you can (not) advance stuff but the fact that they can't finish the damn series once and for all is that something happens. I'll download it and see how is it but that's all.

I disagree, I like to see remakes which are of such high quality as these ones (especially 2.22). But I agree, they should finish the series once and for all. Isn't the manga done? *checks Wikipedia* Wow it isn't, it's in the Kaworu stage. Pretty bloody long run, it started in 1995 and the last one was released in 2010. Maybe I should read it…. I do have a couple of the origin manga in Japanese, but never went beyond that. I guess it'll end in the next volume or two. So maybe 2015 :p :rolleyes: .

Doing a little forum necromancy here, but I certainly felt this was the thread to post this in...

IN COPENHAGEN, LOT'S OF PEOPLE CAN HEAR ME SCREAM!
And they'll hear something like;"Sweet Zombie Jesus!!!"
Why you ask? Why, I just recieved this little thing in the mail today;

And it just looks soooo cute together with;
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Er-jKrj8-Cg&feature=fvwrel"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Er-jKrj8-Cg&feature=fvwrel[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely, well movie fan in general, and I have managed to collect quite a few cool boxsets over time, but these two are probably my most priced possessions in that department.
The Alien went for about 270 Euro, the Predator was a little less than that, but but up there as well...
I also have a Bender head in the same size,with all four seasons of Futurama inside, as well as all the four movies :)