The 'geek/nerd/anime/comics/etc.' thread

Yeah, but it's interesting because Heroes was the most-downloaded series of the net (I did that), but the show got cancelled.

Want to know what I say to that?

FUCK YOU, NBC!!!
The show got cancelled because it turned awful. Everyone I know stopped watching it after the second season.

The show got cancelled because it turned awful. Everyone I know stopped watching it after the second season.

I wouldn't say "awful", and I'm certainly in the minority because I loved the 2nd season, which I think everyone hates. I hate the 3rd season actually hehe.

It was cancelled due to low ratings, but still unfair to cancel it IMO. At least they're gonna do a movie/mini series to conclude it, but it won't be the ending the series deserves.

@Defiance: Why? FMA - Brotherhood is really good. The first season is kinda rubbish, sure, but this one is worth watching it - it's how the first season was supposed to be anyway.

I saw again One Outs. Baseball goes psychological... it works! :rofl:

@Defiance: Why? FMA - Brotherhood is really good. The first season is kinda rubbish, sure, but this one is worth watching it - it's how the first season was supposed to be anyway.

I saw again One Outs. Baseball goes psychological... it works! :rofl:

No particular reason whatsoever for not watching it :p . Although I certainly dislike popular series. Do you recommend this one?

No particular reason whatsoever for not watching it :p . Although I certainly dislike popular series. Do you recommend this one?

I usually avoid too popular series but still I look for some information to see if it's good or not.

I tried One Piece and I think it's a piece of shit. Naruto starts really bad, but gets better with time. Still it doesn't worth watching +300 ep.

When Rurouni Kenshin was aired on tv the first time, was the shit and still is, for a good reason IMO (at least until Shishio's arc is great). Saint Seiya, Evangelion, Macross, Death Note, Slam Dunk, as so many others are as good as they are known and praised.

Yeah, I recommend this one, but the first season sucks. Watch just brotherhood.

I got spriggan on Blu-Ray! as well as Sin City.

Will you really download Escaflowne?

I usually avoid too popular series but still I look for some information to see if it's good or not.

I tried One Piece and I think it's a piece of shit. Naruto starts really bad, but gets better with time. Still it doesn't worth watching +300 ep.

When Rurouni Kenshin was aired on tv the first time, was the shit and still is, for a good reason IMO (at least until Shishio's arc is great). Saint Seiya, Evangelion, Macross, Death Note, Slam Dunk, as so many others are as good as they are known and praised.

Yeah, I recommend this one, but the first season sucks. Watch just brotherhood.

I got spriggan on Blu-Ray! as well as Sin City.

Will you really download Escaflowne?

Yeah, I really even haven't bothered to check One Piece and Naruto, comment's like yours say everything. After watching GITS, one's standards rise a lot.

Ah yeah Kenshin is great, up until Shishio. It was SO bad after that part that I didn't even bother to watch a full episode. Just the other day I was watching some clips of the final battle. Good, but not as epic as I remember. Fucking long too.

Ahhh Saint Seiya is awesome, I think it's a "Latino" thing, just like Dragon Ball they're very popular around here.

Evangelion is amazing, especially the new one! Have you seen 2.22? Best anime/OVA I've seen in years.

Alrighto, I'll watch Brotherhood :) .

YEAH Spriggan is awesome!!! So is Sin City, I love the Yellow Bastard!

Yes I'll download Escaflowne, why? :p

So did you see the whole GITS saga?, when you see that kind of series, the decent anime universe is heavily reduced.

A friend of mine got the new Evangelion, so I'll check it out there.

About long battles, no battle is longer than 'Z' warriors against Freezer, on DBZ. that was like a whole month or so. That and Captain Tsubasa matches. Damn! those guys ran miles, and miles, and miles in highto speedo, jumped hundreds of meters to hit the ball with their heads, destroyed walls with their strength, used their bodies as human cannons, defying all our sacred physics laws!!

About Kenshin, I think the Amakusa's ark was an interesting idea but it could have been done better. You have Kenshin really beaten up for the first time, blind, trying to surpass his limitations, getting a real development on his relationship with Kaoru, the always present criticism to religions, Sanosuke falling for someone and changing a little on the process, and a really good fight. Those elements are enough to make a decent season IMO.

Escaflowne was never soo good for me. I dunno why but it could'nt make it into my favs (and the weird noses were not a factor on this xd).

Have you ever seen Paranoia Agent/Paprika/Perfect Blue? if you don't, you MUST do it.

So did you see the whole GITS saga?, when you see that kind of series, the decent anime universe is heavily reduced.

A friend of mine got the new Evangelion, so I'll check it out there.

About long battles, no battle is longer than 'Z' warriors against Freezer, on DBZ. that was like a whole month or so. That and Captain Tsubasa matches. Damn! those guys ran miles, and miles, and miles in highto speedo, jumped hundreds of meters to hit the ball with their heads, destroyed walls with their strength, used their bodies as human cannons, defying all our sacred physics laws!!

About Kenshin, I think the Amakusa's ark was an interesting idea but it could have been done better. You have Kenshin really beaten up for the first time, blind, trying to surpass his limitations, getting a real development on his relationship with Kaoru, the always present criticism to religions, Sanosuke falling for someone and changing a little on the process, and a really good fight. Those elements are enough to make a decent season IMO.

Escaflowne was never soo good for me. I dunno why but it could'nt make it into my favs (and the weird noses were not a factor on this xd).

Have you ever seen Paranoia Agent/Paprika/Perfect Blue? if you don't, you MUST do it.

Of course I've seen the entire GITS saga! I'm a huge Shirow fan, I have some of his works too (in real paper, that is). Yeah, after GITS, Lone Wolf and Cub, Akira, etc. most anime/manga is rubbish. (Most is shit to be honest, especially the new ones. It got so popular in the US that the "publishing/release" standards were lowered a lot, and now you've got EMO girls thinking they know a hell lot of anime because they've watched Naruto and One Piece.)

Yeah, you've GOT to see the new Eva, it's simply incredible. It's so good I can't wait for the BD release, and actually downloaded the OST.

Hahahahaha yeah, especially when Namekusei is about to explode. It's like this: 5 minutes for Namekusei to explode! 3 minutes for Namekusei to explode! Namekusei is about to explode! Namekuse is going to explode! Namekusei explodes! Then, it explodes in the next episode :p . And with "Supercampeones" (Captain Tsubasa), yeah, I remember "Steve Hyuga's" awesome "Tiger Attack". The CRn team is so lousy that around these parts we say that the team should watch the anime, and maybe will be better players :lol: .

Never really saw that Amakusa saga, so I can't say much. Which is it, the one that was of some religious freaks or something?

Ah I watched the Escaflowne movie, and some parts of the series. But I had them in horrible quality, so never finished it.

I haven't seen Paranoia Agent, but I'll download it. But of course I've seen Paprika and Perfect Blue. I especially like the latter, crazy stuff. On of the finest anime in general, and one of my favourites.

Gantz 321 was pretty insane.

Girl: Why're you helping me?
Weird guy: I'm a Loli.
Girl: But I'm 19….
Weird guy: Works fine with me.

:lol: good ol' Gantz humor hahaha.

Yay Spriggan! Let us know how it looks, ok?

Right now I'm happy they have finally released the latest Hellsing book here, will pick it up as soon as I have the needed deniros...

(and yes, GITS is great, I was a little dissapointed with the quality of the first SAC series, but they really picked it up in the second series, and the Solid State Society was great! The movies kick so much ass it's unbelievable!)

Yay Spriggan! Let us know how it looks, ok?

Right now I'm happy they have finally released the latest Hellsing book here, will pick it up as soon as I have the needed deniros...

(and yes, GITS is great, I was a little dissapointed with the quality of the first SAC series, but they really picked it up in the second series, and the Solid State Society was great! The movies kick so much ass it's unbelievable!)

Spriggan looks simply amazing! the original series was very well done, but the Blu-ray quality it's just incredible. Sin City looks unbelievable. it's too damn good. I recommend to buy both. Sin City comes with 2 b-r discs, just for 22 euro? cheap as heaven.

@Defiance: Yup, Amakusa's arc is the religious one.

I saw Watchmen on blu-ray too, on 5.1 with a 46'' full hd lcd. From august onwards I'll have it available permanently, since I'll move to Santiago.

Awww, this thread is cool, about anime, comics, etc. :)
I love Saint Seiya a looooot, it's just awesome! My favorites are the lovely twins, Saga & Kanon, hehe :loco:
I also like Sailor Moon :oops: and Candy Candy (I guess Candy is a little bit more for girls, hehe :saint:)

Cheers to everybody :devil:

Okay, so I have a bad admittance here.

I missed the Pokémon generation, I think because when I was 12-13, wrestling was getting huge and I was locked into that hardcore. However, my fiancee is four years younger than me, so she was right in the middle of it. She's really big into it, and I got her a DS Lite and some Pokémon games for her birthday and she's obsessed. So I started watching the cartoons with her, and I enjoy them.

They're campy, corny and hysterical. The voice acting has me laughing so hard at times. Never though I would admit to liking it, but I find them to be a source of major enjoyment.